I believe in God, but CAN NOT believe in organized religion.

Mark-Twain-Quotes-Religion-1.jpg

"All generalizations are false - including this one."
Mark Twain.
He's not generalizing, he's stating a fact about only 2 people. Geez, you nazis are fucking stupid. :lol:

Oh - if you should think I see in Mark Twain an Antigerman, because you are one on your own, then you are completly wrong. He was a little frustrated because he was not able to learn the german language in a way so he himselve was able to be satisfied with the result. The german language is the most important root of the english language and he was an author. Must be very great frustration not to understand the own roots. But indeed even the most Germans in his time of history wasted not their time to try to learn German (="Hochdeutsch"). They just simple spoke their german dialects. If he had spoken english and they had spoken their dialect, then maybe they had found a mix of both. If two Germans spoke with each other in this time then this sounded sometimes as if both peole would speak completly different languages. Could be by the way interesting to know what Mark Twain had said to your racisms. Racism is always a wrong form of generalization, maybe racism is even the worst form of generalization at all, Nazi.

Last edited:
I was raised without God in my household. I found God on my own journey. I speak to God regularly. I've tried different denominations and am grateful for anything I've learned from those visits.... However... Catholicism. Wow. This is one organization that has me thinking it's anything but holy. One prime example:
If you have opened the good book, you are sure to have heard about this place called Sodom and Gomorrah. God IS a forgiving one.. But I am pretty sure he had a boiling point. You really think that a guy on the other side of a closet wall is the "chosen" one to give you forgiveness??! The one who just finished up "teaching lessons to his alter boys"??! And I am not ignorant, I understand NOT every priest did such horrific acts... But the hierarchy of the guys that did, in which they go to for forgiveness, chose to simply spread the gift of pedophilia to a different location. This religion and the whole confession/oath of secrecy pretty much sums up the type of follower. "You can commit any sin in this world, regardless of how disgusting and despicable it may be, then step into a closet, confess these actions to a person who can not tell regardless of how dangerous the person may be, and ask THEM to FORGIVE you. Lol. C'mon. I have a hard time believing God will turn a blind eye on judgement day to those who robbed this earth of his most precious gift... The innocence of a child. I mean, he had so much pity on those who dwelled in that city he turned to dust... Right??! No. He actually ended the existence of anyone who was tempted to simply turn back and look! Call this what you will... I'm not making the judgement call. Simply pointing out cold, hard facts written in the Bible. And this isn't prompted specifically by what a priest did to my child. It's prompted by a member of the church whom simply feels accepted by such faith in doing what he does and "knowing" if he repents, he has his ticket to Heaven. If this is true, it isn't a place I want my kids or self subjected to. But I know better.
So do your religion a favor and stop tolerating actions that the Bible clearly states is inexcusable. Don't you see this is the very reason more and more people do not attend church and even stop believing in God all together??!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I don't follow an organized religion either. And I don't put much stock in that book either. Some parts..yeah. Most parts? Nope.

The 'German language' is not the 'root' of English. At most, it could be said both languages have related roots. English is classed as 'Germanic', not German.
In a similar way, belief in a superior 'being/god' can be regarded as the 'root' of all religion, but all religions are hardly the same, other than being human constructs and, as such, subject to all possible errors.

The 'German language' is not the 'root' of English. At most, it could be said both languages have related roots. English is classed as 'Germanic', not German.

Germans are a mix of Celts, Germanics and Romans. The english language is a mix of celtic, germanic and latin expressions.

In a similar way, belief in a superior 'being/god' can be regarded as the 'root' of all religion, but all religions are hardly the same, other than being human constructs and, as such, subject to all possible errors.

No idea what you like to say with this awry banality. If someone murders in the name of god then he's not only a murderer - he's also 'godless'. And Buddhism - a religion without any idea about what "monotheism" could be - finds nearly the same values and rules for a good and worthful behavior how to live on Earth. As far as I can see: A Christian who would live like a real Buddhist full of compassion would not fail - as well as a Buddhist who would live like a real Christian full of love would not fail. If independent systems lead to similiar results then this is normally an indicator for a common truth behind this systems.

Last edited:
Yes, obviously you are struggling in a language you have yet to master. You do admirably in spite of the handicap, though one wonders why you dispute what you do not know.
English is primarily the synthesis of Anglo-Saxon and Old French, with much more mixed in.
Your monolog about religion seems to want to disagree with the post you cite, yet only awkwardly expresses pretty much the same thing. Apart from that, stating that someone who kills for 'god' is 'godless' is quite empty. He/she may be far from 'God', if 'God' exists, but such a one is entirely enmired in 'god', his/her little concept. The world is full of people who talk about a Supreme Being without any profound understanding of just what such a One would be.

he lived only for Christmas in the last years of his wonderful life - fully in the grace of god. Unfortunatelly one day his cancer killed him ...
You provided a good example for why science & religion are completely separate world views.
Agnostics are not delusional, and are emotionally secure.
I am an Agnostics. So thank you for your "praise" - but emotional stability has not a lot to do with ideas about epistemology. Agnosticism says for example that Atheism is just simple a belief. But Agnosticism itselve is not able to be a belief on reasons of philosophy and/or logic.
I see agnosticism as more of a method than belief. Similar to scientific method.
Agnostics say "i don't know unless there's a reason i should know", like having experience or trustworthy knowledge/evidence about something.

The famous agnostic said it this way:
"We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know."
(Robert Ingersoll)

What kind of method? If you are an Agnostics then you are not able to find out wether god exists or not. Never. You don't believe in god. You are an atheist. That's your decision. That's your belief.

True love has nearly no method.
Franz von Sales

Last edited:
Yes, obviously you are struggling in a language you have yet to master.

I try to speak German in a way Englishmen are hopefully able to understand. That's all.

You do admirably in spite of the handicap, though one wonders why you dispute what you do not know.
English is primarily the synthesis of Anglo-Saxon and Old French, with much more mixed in.

The "Angeln" and "Sachsen" are from the North of Germany. From France came the "Franken" who started to unite Europe under the Latin language again - since Charlemagne had recreated the roman empire. The Normans who had conquered England were as well Franken and Scandinavians. Scandinavians and Celts created the Germanics. And so on and so on.

Your monolog

Bye bye.

about religion seems to want to disagree with the post you cite, yet only awkwardly expresses pretty much the same thing. Apart from that, stating that someone who kills for 'god' is 'godless' is quite empty. He/she may be far from 'God', if 'God' exists, but such a one is entirely enmired in 'god', his/her little concept. The world is full of people who talk about a Supreme Being without any profound understanding of just what such a One would be.

Last edited:

Mark Twain.
He's not generalizing, he's stating a fact about only 2 people. Geez, you nazis are fucking stupid. :lol:

Oh - if you should think I see in Mark Twain an Antigerman, because you are one on your own, then you are completly wrong. He was a little frustrated because he was not able to learn the german language in a way so he himselve was able to be satisfied with the result. The german language is the most important root of the english language and he was an author. Must be very great frustration not to understand the own roots. But indeed even the most Germans in his time of history wasted not their time to try to learn German (="Hochdeutsch"). They just simple spoke their german dialects. If he had spoken english and they had spoken their dialect, then maybe they had found a mix of both. If two Germans spoke with each other in this time then this sounded sometimes as if both peole would speak completly different languages. Could be by the way interesting to know what Mark Twain had said to your racisms. Racism is always a wrong form of generalization, maybe racism is even the worst form of generalization at all, Nazi.

The German language is for donkeys and nazis, and you're both.

Mark Twain.

If you think so, Nazi. On the other side: Your hate will kill you.

Last edited:

Mark Twain.

So you're saying that it's wrong for me to hate nazis and people who love nazis? And you nazis are going to kill me? Geez Brah, germans should shut the fuck up and keep asking for forgiveness. Or are you just a desperate old man looking for attention?

German nazis need to pray for God's forgiveness, but they are going to get from 99% of humanity.

Mark Twain.

So you're saying that it's wrong for me to hate nazis

It's wrong to hate oneselve - that's true, Nazi.

and people who love nazis?

It's for sure not wrong to try to love enemies, Nazi. Ask Jesus. Ask Siddartha. That's why I try to see in you more than only a senseless agressive person. From my point of view you are annoying.

And you nazis are going to kill me?

It's easy to kill you or anyone else. But why should I kill you? It's exactly in the opposit: I fear you will go to prison latest the moment you lose control about your racism - or someone will stop you before you start to murder others.

Geez Brah, germans should shut the fuck up and keep asking for forgiveness.

Mark Twain is by the way one of the american authors we love most in Germany. And you know very well that Nazis murdered a big part of my family, so to try to hurt others seems to be a stable element of the psychological structure of your personality.

Or are you just a desperate old man looking for attention?

40% of all Americans have a german ancestor, 15% are Afro-Americans, lots came from China and other asian countries, not to forget Latinos and the people who are called "native Americans". Also not to forget Jews and other people living in the USA. You have a lot of "problems" all around you, Nazi. I hope the problems all around you take care for their lifes, because in my eyes you can become very fast a very dangerous murderer. I guess you will start your conversation with the police of the future with the words "I am innocent". And someone will start to laugh hysterically. Still you are alive. Still others are alive. Use your chance. I am not your chance. I'm not a part of your life.

Last edited:

It's for sure not wrong to try to love enemies, Nazi. Ask Jesus. Ask Siddartha. That's why I try to see in you more than only a senseless agressive person. From my point of view you are annoying.

It's easy to kill you or anyone else. But why should I kill you? It's exactly in the opposit: I fear you will go to prison latest the moment you lose control about your racism - or someone will stop you before you start to murder others.

Mark Twain is by the way one of the american authors we love most in Germany. And you know very well that Nazis murdered a big part of my family, so to try to hurt others seems to be a stable element of the psychological structure of your personality.

40% of all Americans have a german ancestor, 15% are Afro-Americans, lots came from China and other asian countries, not to forget Latinos and the people who are called "native Americans". Also not to forget Jews and other people living in the USA. You have a lot of "problems" all around you, Nazi. I hope the problems all around you take care for their lifes, because in my eyes you can become very fast a very dangerous murderer. I guess you will start your conversation with the police of the future with the words "I am innocent". And someone will start to laugh hysterically. Still you are alive. Still others are alive. Use your chance. I am not your chance. I'm not a part of your life.
Mark Twain was a fucking AMERICAN you fucking douchebag. That he had german ancestry means his family thought that Gernamy was SHIT so they left, LOLOLOL!.
And no, nobody here "knows" that your family was killed by Germans, just because a lying sack of nazi shit like you says so, doesn't mean SHIT! All germans are liars. :lmao:

Mudda, do you have anything of worth to offer? Your statement puts you in the league of a Kosh.

Mudda, do you have anything of worth to offer? Your statement puts you in the league of a Kosh.
It's that fucking douchesack zaan who spouts fucking total nonsense non-stop, trying to make us feel sorry for him so he makes up shit about the Holocaust, he's fucking pathetic. Plus, his views on god are absurd, and his posting of videos after every post rips off the copyright owner, and is a pointless annoyance. What's a Kosh, lol?

It's that fucking douchesack zaan who spouts fucking total nonsense non-stop, trying to make us feel sorry for him so he makes up shit about the Holocaust, he's fucking pathetic. Plus, his views on god are absurd, and his posting of videos after every post rips off the copyright owner, and is a pointless annoyance. What's a Kosh, lol?
a far right wing drone

yeah, I get you about zaan

Mark Twain was a fucking AMERICAN you fucking douchebag. That he had german ancestry means his family thought that Gernamy was SHIT so they left, LOLOLOL!.
And no, nobody here "knows" that your family was killed by Germans, just because a lying sack of nazi shit like you says so, doesn't mean SHIT! All germans are liars. :lmao:

You are for sure a racist and still I'm convinced you are a Nazi. And if you call me again "douchebag" then I will call you next time "Holunderblütensirup". You should slowly realize that I am indeed a German and not a member of your culture. What I can see clearly is the nazistic structure in your arguments. Your racism and antitheism is typical for Nazis. Same your impertinence, scheming and your way to bite.

There were and are by the way lots of good reasons for lots of Germans to leave Germany. And I did not know that Mark Twain had german ancestors. Let me take a look ... Ah yeah: His real name was "Samuel Langhorn Clemens". He was born in 1835 ... hmmm ... Can be his parents left Germany because Napoleon attacked our country and the holy roman empire died in 1806. ... hmmm ... From 1805-1815 were freedom wars against Napoleon. First time of patriotism/nationalism in Germany. ... The name "Clemens" is very popular in the Middle-West - direction Belgium, Luxemburg and France. If I take "Langhorn" and compare this ... Hmm ... County Mettmann in Nordrhein-Westfalen is most plausible - maybe the area between the cities Düsseldorf, Leverkusen, Solingen. The wider areas are called "Westfalen" and "Rheinland". As far as I heard in 1815 the Prussians conquered this area. A good reason to leave Germany in those days.

Last edited:
he lived only for Christmas in the last years of his wonderful life - fully in the grace of god. Unfortunatelly one day his cancer killed him ...
You provided a good example for why science & religion are completely separate world views.
Agnostics are not delusional, and are emotionally secure.
I am an Agnostics. So thank you for your "praise" - but emotional stability has not a lot to do with ideas about epistemology. Agnosticism says for example that Atheism is just simple a belief. But Agnosticism itselve is not able to be a belief on reasons of philosophy and/or logic.
I see agnosticism as more of a method than belief. Similar to scientific method.
Agnostics say "i don't know unless there's a reason i should know", like having experience or trustworthy knowledge/evidence about something.

The famous agnostic said it this way:
"We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know."
(Robert Ingersoll)
What kind of method? If you are an Agnostics then you are not able to find out wether god exists or not. Never. You don't believe in god. You are an atheist. That's your decision. That's your belief.
---
I thought you said you were agnostic. Apparently, you don't understand its meaning, even though i clearly described its epistemology.
The agnostic position is the scientific one.
If you don't have ANY observations, no indirect objective evidence, and no logic, then as a RATIONAL person, you have to conclude "I DON'T KNOW".

However, if one makes a ridiculous claim that "God" equals the entity described in Greek/Roman/Nordic mythology or in one of the Abrahamic story books, then YES, call me an atheist in relation to those claims.
Basic education in cultural anthropology, sociology, and developmental psychology should be required for everyone before getting a HS diploma.

I was raised without God in my household. I found God on my own journey. I speak to God regularly. I've tried different denominations and am grateful for anything I've learned from those visits.... However... Catholicism. Wow. This is one organization that has me thinking it's anything but holy. One prime example:
If you have opened the good book, you are sure to have heard about this place called Sodom and Gomorrah. God IS a forgiving one.. But I am pretty sure he had a boiling point. You really think that a guy on the other side of a closet wall is the "chosen" one to give you forgiveness??! The one who just finished up "teaching lessons to his alter boys"??! And I am not ignorant, I understand NOT every priest did such horrific acts... But the hierarchy of the guys that did, in which they go to for forgiveness, chose to simply spread the gift of pedophilia to a different location. This religion and the whole confession/oath of secrecy pretty much sums up the type of follower. "You can commit any sin in this world, regardless of how disgusting and despicable it may be, then step into a closet, confess these actions to a person who can not tell regardless of how dangerous the person may be, and ask THEM to FORGIVE you. Lol. C'mon. I have a hard time believing God will turn a blind eye on judgement day to those who robbed this earth of his most precious gift... The innocence of a child. I mean, he had so much pity on those who dwelled in that city he turned to dust... Right??! No. He actually ended the existence of anyone who was tempted to simply turn back and look! Call this what you will... I'm not making the judgement call. Simply pointing out cold, hard facts written in the Bible. And this isn't prompted specifically by what a priest did to my child. It's prompted by a member of the church whom simply feels accepted by such faith in doing what he does and "knowing" if he repents, he has his ticket to Heaven. If this is true, it isn't a place I want my kids or self subjected to. But I know better.
So do your religion a favor and stop tolerating actions that the Bible clearly states is inexcusable. Don't you see this is the very reason more and more people do not attend church and even stop believing in God all together??!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If you know a church is corrupt why would you believe their Jesus was God story?

If moses never talked to God why do you believe there is a God?

Forum List

Back