I believe in God, but CAN NOT believe in organized religion.

hollyjeanp7

Rookie
May 14, 2016
I was raised without God in my household. I found God on my own journey. I speak to God regularly. I've tried different denominations and am grateful for anything I've learned from those visits.... However... Catholicism. Wow. This is one organization that has me thinking it's anything but holy. One prime example:
If you have opened the good book, you are sure to have heard about this place called Sodom and Gomorrah. God IS a forgiving one.. But I am pretty sure he had a boiling point. You really think that a guy on the other side of a closet wall is the "chosen" one to give you forgiveness??! The one who just finished up "teaching lessons to his alter boys"??! And I am not ignorant, I understand NOT every priest did such horrific acts... But the hierarchy of the guys that did, in which they go to for forgiveness, chose to simply spread the gift of pedophilia to a different location. This religion and the whole confession/oath of secrecy pretty much sums up the type of follower. "You can commit any sin in this world, regardless of how disgusting and despicable it may be, then step into a closet, confess these actions to a person who can not tell regardless of how dangerous the person may be, and ask THEM to FORGIVE you. Lol. C'mon. I have a hard time believing God will turn a blind eye on judgement day to those who robbed this earth of his most precious gift... The innocence of a child. I mean, he had so much pity on those who dwelled in that city he turned to dust... Right??! No. He actually ended the existence of anyone who was tempted to simply turn back and look! Call this what you will... I'm not making the judgement call. Simply pointing out cold, hard facts written in the Bible. And this isn't prompted specifically by what a priest did to my child. It's prompted by a member of the church whom simply feels accepted by such faith in doing what he does and "knowing" if he repents, he has his ticket to Heaven. If this is true, it isn't a place I want my kids or self subjected to. But I know better.
So do your religion a favor and stop tolerating actions that the Bible clearly states is inexcusable. Don't you see this is the very reason more and more people do not attend church and even stop believing in God all together??!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

People who like organized religion are in it for the Community. once th community turns on them(which it always does), they turn on God.

I was a Christian for 20 plus years, wasn't raised that way though. I am not any longer, don't look into things if you are content. I believe in a creator but not religion. Why try to justify the bible if you are critical of religion? Where do you think it came from?

Love God, love your neighbor as yourself, and forgive others the way in which you wish to be forgiven.

God says to not forego the gathering of the Saints (the saved)
The hard part is having the discernment to know who and who is not ......

There is nothing wrong with organized Christian meetings or groups. It should just be done as the Bible indicates.
Nothing will ever be perfect.

Well never in my life have I had any problems with the rCC, look at King Henry, and his Church of England.

Also the bible says to confess your sins to one another. Actually the confessional as an adult is a good free way of asking for some insight and guidance in life. As a child one confesses fighting with brothers, stealing some ones gum, lying , swearing , but as an adult it gets more complicated. I have never found a preist to be judgmental but more as giving direction.

King Henry broke with Rome due to the Pope not annulling his marriage, but he followed all the Roman rites and rituals , except he was the Pope. The first Protestants were once RC Priests.

This is not to say RCC does not have had of its share of rotten Popes, but the first Protestants came out of the RCC and they base everything on the Bible and take it literally, except this my body and blood. I am shocked we do not see more one eyed men and women walking around, as they have lusted and they really should get rid of an eye for it. With the RCC we based on the Church, but wanting money to pay for someone to escape purgatory was a bit overboard.

Look at Joyce Meyers, Osteen , Benny Hinn and Murdock, preying the vulnerable as well. So without Rome , there would be no Christianity.

Last edited:
Religion is.about worshiping God. Today's fake spiritual ppl claim they believe in god, yet they forswear the.bible....

We attend church first and.foremost.to.praise god. God likes.to see us.together singing his praises, discussing his word, comforting each other and strengthening each other in faith.

cripes try a little.humility. God approves.of.that, too.

Religion is.about worshiping God. Today's fake spiritual ppl claim they believe in god, yet they forswear the.bible....

We attend church first and.foremost.to.praise god. God likes.to see us.together singing his praises, discussing his word, comforting each other and strengthening each other in faith.

Organized religion is too often about power and corruption. Spirituality is about worshiping God. I attend church as often as anyone, have read my Bible daily for decades, pray several times daily for guidance, and keep an eye on the deacons daily.

Well never in my life have I had any problems with the rCC, look at King Henry, and his Church of England.

Also the bible says to confess your sins to one another. Actually the confessional as an adult is a good free way of asking for some insight and guidance in life. As a child one confesses fighting with brothers, stealing some ones gum, lying , swearing , but as an adult it gets more complicated. I have never found a preist to be judgmental but more as giving direction.

King Henry broke with Rome due to the Pope not annulling his marriage, but he followed all the Roman rites and rituals , except he was the Pope. The first Protestants were once RC Priests.

This is not to say RCC does not have had of its share of rotten Popes, but the first Protestants came out of the RCC and they base everything on the Bible and take it literally, except this my body and blood. I am shocked we do not see more one eyed men and women walking around, as they have lusted and they really should get rid of an eye for it. With the RCC we based on the Church, but wanting money to pay for someone to escape purgatory was a bit overboard.

Look at Joyce Meyers, Osteen , Benny Hinn and Murdock, preying the vulnerable as well. So without Rome , there would be no Christianity.
And yes, confessing I'm sure is a comforting thing for most, and hopefully a step in the right direction towards righting your wrongs and working up the courage to embrace and admit these very things in your future with will and intent to never do it again... The normal person does this. Everyone one sins. I will admit my sins/flaws/downfalls to anyone... It is who I am. However, looking at the text, and the harsh reality it contains isn't a bad thing! Maybe a more realistic picture of the Wrath vs. Forgiveness needs to be painted to the corrupt sector of the world.... This pedophile believed he could be saved after 30 years of ruining little girls lives as long as he "feels bad" and "asks for forgiveness". Yet, he would NEVER divorce the spouse he clearly despised and disrespected fearing he will be kicked out of the Catholic Church??!! WHAT?!
I am no one to judge. All I can say is think of who you go to church to support and celebrate. Then simply ask yourself " are we representing this cause to its fullest and how it was intended to be? " From my experience, the first person to judge others is a church goer... The biggest offenders go to church for it's conscious soothing effect. These very people give the church a terrible name. These very people are the reason for my huge issue with its existence. "If you, a normal citizen break the law implemented by the people, it's a sin... If WE (at the Vatican) violate the exact laws you abide by, HA HA!! It doesn't apply to us!!".... The only place that needs to be governed and protected by its own law is the church of all churches??!!?? How symbolic. An enormous, beautiful, breathtaking closet, where all secrets are kept.
I truly do feel horrible for the creators and organizers of the project who genuinely had nothing but good and righteous intentions behind its existence. It's a beautiful place, and the hard work does not go unnoticed. The people who contributed to, and allowed the cancerous behavior to grow within the church is the reason for my disgust.
I'm sure God likes the Sunday praise, but isn't the ultimate goal behind faith to tell ALL and spread the good word??! Best way to get someone to follow you is by leading. Best way to become a leader is to lead by example. Are Catholics the best recruits for the job??!

Organized religion is too often about power and corruption. Spirituality is about worshiping God. I attend church as often as anyone, have read my Bible daily for decades, pray several times daily for guidance, and keep an eye on the deacons daily.
I respect that answer.

Love God, love your neighbor as yourself, and forgive others the way in which you wish to be forgiven.
---
Was God invented to enforce the Golden Rule?
Those unfortunates raised without much empathy needed motivation to become prosocial, i.e., the carrot/stick approach tied to an all-powerful enforcer.

And yes, confessing I'm sure is a comforting thing for most, and hopefully a step in the right direction towards righting your wrongs and working up the courage to embrace and admit these very things in your future with will and intent to never do it again... The normal person does this. Everyone one sins. I will admit my sins/flaws/downfalls to anyone... It is who I am. However, looking at the text, and the harsh reality it contains isn't a bad thing! Maybe a more realistic picture of the Wrath vs. Forgiveness needs to be painted to the corrupt sector of the world.... This pedophile believed he could be saved after 30 years of ruining little girls lives as long as he "feels bad" and "asks for forgiveness". Yet, he would NEVER divorce the spouse he clearly despised and disrespected fearing he will be kicked out of the Catholic Church??!! WHAT?!
I am no one to judge. All I can say is think of who you go to church to support and celebrate. Then simply ask yourself " are we representing this cause to its fullest and how it was intended to be? " From my experience, the first person to judge others is a church goer... The biggest offenders go to church for it's conscious soothing effect. These very people give the church a terrible name. These very people are the reason for my huge issue with its existence. "If you, a normal citizen break the law implemented by the people, it's a sin... If WE (at the Vatican) violate the exact laws you abide by, HA HA!! It doesn't apply to us!!".... The only place that needs to be governed and protected by its own law is the church of all churches??!!?? How symbolic. An enormous, beautiful, breathtaking closet, where all secrets are kept.
I truly do feel horrible for the creators and organizers of the project who genuinely had nothing but good and righteous intentions behind its existence. It's a beautiful place, and the hard work does not go unnoticed. The people who contributed to, and allowed the cancerous behavior to grow within the church is the reason for my disgust.
I'm sure God likes the Sunday praise, but isn't the ultimate goal behind faith to tell ALL and spread the good word??! Best way to get someone to follow you is by leading. Best way to become a leader is to lead by example. Are Catholics the best recruits for the job??!

Look at all the sects of religion in Rome at the time, The point is Rome changed the world, religion and in the US we are styled after Rome. AS far as I'm concerned the bible does not prove God, just a lot of books wrote for rulers trying to maintain an orderly society. Today the RCC is the best of Christianity, since Vatican II.

Whatelse than an absurdity is an "unorganiced religion". So why to believe in such an absurdity? A religion without tradition is not existing. Tradition means grown structures. Grown structures means organisation. "Organisation" is in general the difference between life and death. What some people call "chaos" is often only desorgansistion but even chaos is in most cases only a higher form of organisation. The spirit of god could be the highest form of organisation at all: living chaos - everywhere and nowhere the same time. To be open for the Holy Spirit means not to be desorganiced. It means to be alive - for example alive for the joyful rhythmic principles of all and every life.

Last edited:
Well never in my life have I had any problems with the rCC, ...

What's maybe a problem, because you have a very heavy attraction to be an Antisemite. You should leave this orbit. I heard by the way never in my life from any Catholic the expression "RCC" for "the church". Why to replace two syllables with three consonants? Strange.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back