I am Embarrassed to be an American Today

The job market is still sucking it. Also, employers know this and are totally taking advantage of it. They ask for years and years of experience and a person with a degree, and then want to offer 12.50 an hour. What a joke! Meanwhile, we still have to deal with inflation.

Do you expect me to hire a newly graduate IT or an engineer with a 2 year experience?Maybe your decimal point is the wrong spot. Highly experience IT pay at least $130k/year. Minimum $60K at the lowest. Those people with a degree making $12.50 are in the wrong location or they took the wrong majors. Like BS ( build shit ) Psychology, archeology, liberal arts, architecture, studio arts, drama, anthropologists...etc. I have tons of these people making $16. as clerks, warehouse worker and receptionist. And so is other several companies I associated with. That is sad but that's the reality.

I am just relaying information here.

When are you going to begin relaying some information that suggests that the economy is better now than it was 7 years ago?

If only there was any information to that effect to relay. The job market still isn't so great.

ODS is a bitch.

ODS? Obama Dick Sucking Syndrome? So THAT is what your problem is. It's all so clear now. :D

Now, I'm not one of those Obama haters who constantly talks shit about him, calls him "Hussein", talks about him being a Muslim or a Kenyan or not a citizen, blah, blah, blah. I don't hate the guy. I am just living in reality unlike most of you retirees who spend most of your time on a fucking message board and NOT out there looking for work! The job market is NOT so great. That is just the truth.

Do you expect me to hire a newly graduate IT or an engineer with a 2 year experience?Maybe your decimal point is the wrong spot. Highly experience IT pay at least $130k/year. Minimum $60K at the lowest. Those people with a degree making $12.50 are in the wrong location or they took the wrong majors. Like BS ( build shit ) Psychology, archeology, liberal arts, architecture, studio arts, drama, anthropologists...etc. I have tons of these people making $16. as clerks, warehouse worker and receptionist. And so is other several companies I associated with. That is sad but that's the reality.

When are you going to begin relaying some information that suggests that the economy is better now than it was 7 years ago?

If only there was any information to that effect to relay. The job market still isn't so great.

ODS is a bitch.

And you . . . when was the last time you looked for a job, you dishonest SOB? I know you are a partisan Obama ass sucker. His crap is all over your face!

Say what?

I own my job.

You might want to check your personality for flaws when considering why you can't land a good gig.

Now, I'm not one of those Obama haters who constantly talks shit about him, calls him "Hussein", talks about him being a Muslim or a Kenyan or not a citizen, blah, blah, blah. I don't hate the guy. I am just living in reality unlike most of you retirees who spend most of your time on a fucking message board and NOT out there looking for work! The job market is NOT so great. That is just the truth.

It's better than it was 7 years ago. Is it not?

ODS is a bitch.

ODS? Obama Dick Sucking Syndrome? So THAT is what your problem is. It's all so clear now. :D

You've gotten upset. Poor girl.

ODS is a bitch.

And you . . . when was the last time you looked for a job, you dishonest SOB? I know you are a partisan Obama ass sucker. His crap is all over your face!

Say what?

I own my job.

You might want to check your personality for flaws when considering why you can't land a good gig.

I already did land a job, again showing what you know which is pretty much NOTHING. The point is, there aren't a lot of good jobs out there. Why don't you just admit that you don't have a fucking clue.

Not much. A lot of jobs are now temporary or part time.

This is from 2013, but I don't see that things have changed too much.

Hiring anything but full-time jobs

The number of Americans finding part-time jobs has surged this year, with more than three times as many getting only part-time work as opposed to full-time jobs, according to Labor Department data. That's the opposite of what happened last year, when full-time hires far outstripped part-time ones.

At the same time, the ranks of temps has exploded: A record 2.7 million people held these positions in July, up from 2.5 million a year ago.

While companies have been beefing up their temporary and part-time payrolls in recent years, the trend has accelerated in 2013, with an especially large jump in part-time hiring in June.

There has been much speculation -- and some anecdotal evidence -- that employers are trying to keep their headcount down so they aren't subject to Obamacare rules. But economic uncertainty and a lack of consumer demand are still the predominant reasons why employers are shying away from hiring full-time workers, experts said.

Wanna know who rec the economy, it happened the last two years of the Bush administration...

The One Hundred Tenth United States Congress was the meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, between January 3, 2007, and January 3, 2009, during the last two years of the second term of President George W. Bush. It was composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The apportionment of seats in the House was based on the 2000 U.S. census.

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995. Although the Democrats held fewer than 50 Senate seats, they had an operational majority because the two independent senators caucused with the Democrats for organizational purposes. No Democratic-held seats had fallen to the Republican Party in the 2006 elections.[2] Democrat Nancy Pelosi became the first woman Speaker of the House.[3] The House also received the first Muslim (Keith Ellison)[4][5] and Buddhist (Hank Johnson and Mazie Hirono)[6] members of Congress.

Then you had two years with obongo and you didn't do anything but bailed out and gave money away to his bundlers and gave us a healthcare nightmare, so STFU...:bye1:

For educated people with skills it is, the economy has changed, unskilled labor is no longer here , people need life long learning to gain the skills needed in the new economy. The skills needed today will be obsolete in a few years and new kills will be required

No they aren't. I am educated and skilled in the medical field. The jobs that are out there are part time, temporary and are not paying what they should. Also, there are just not a LOT of jobs out there. Like I said, the entire help wanted section is not even half a page for my area.

Not really sure where medical field you work but nurses and doctors do become obsolete. That is a fact. To avoid career crisis they do take refresh courses. The same with Engineers.
If you work in medical fields you know that it never slowed down because no matter what people still get sick and sicker.
This year I added total of 137 new employees the best in last 6 years. I can assure you that life and jobs are better than 6 or 7 years ago. New cars, new home, appliances, smart phone, computers, medical instruments, new building..... SALES ARE ALL UP. Shortage of Inventory of home for sales. The only area where it went bad is the prices of gas which is good for the America. So I'm not sure where and what is your indications.

David Coughlin
11/7/12

Barack Obama is not my president, not by a long shot, but unfortunately he is the president of my country. I am embarrassed to be an American today where so many people are oblivious to the damage being done to the fabric of our country and who voted for four more years of his destruction.

I cannot understand how so many people know so little about this man, and when they find out the facts about his background, choose to ignore his anti-American influences, his checkered past, his hidden records, and his lack of any accomplishment other than being elected to political office. I cannot understand how these same people see Obama's economic policies that failed to address the underlying problems and served to stagnate and lengthen the economic recovery. I cannot understand how these same people can watch Obama's foreign-policy tactics and not see America's reputation and influence degrade before their eyes. It is said that there are now two Americas that are not on speaking terms. I certainly do not understand this other America.

We have finally finished the most divisive and negative presidential campaign where Obama ran away from his record and instead attacked his challenger as his only campaign strategy. Again voters elected a president with no defined agenda, other than a continuation of the failed policies of his first term. His biggest electoral advantage was the mainstream media who "came out of the closet" to openly embrace their liberal icon President. I will not stand by quietly and watch this administration do further damage to my country.

---

Read more: Blog: I am Embarrassed to be an American Today

I've been embarrassed that you are an American since the first post of yours I read.

The odd thing about Murkin Jizzhat is that he never posts anything of his own. It's always a cut-n-paste from somebody else's page, as if the rest of us are too stoopid to know how to read the internets.

I guess he's embarrassed. :eusa_shifty:

Ain't dat right, Jizzhat?
You fn liberals don't like me exposing the leftwing so you resort to using salunsky's rules for radicals #5 which I also use along with #6.
And a name like pogo, sounds like some ones hammering yo moronic ass...:bye1:

For educated people with skills it is, the economy has changed, unskilled labor is no longer here , people need life long learning to gain the skills needed in the new economy. The skills needed today will be obsolete in a few years and new kills will be required

No they aren't. I am educated and skilled in the medical field. The jobs that are out there are part time, temporary and are not paying what they should. Also, there are just not a LOT of jobs out there. Like I said, the entire help wanted section is not even half a page for my area.

Not really sure where medical field you work but nurses and doctors do become obsolete. That is a fact. To avoid career crisis they do take refresh courses. The same with Engineers.
If you work in medical fields you know that it never slowed down because no matter what people still get sick and sicker.
This year I added total of 137 new employees the best in last 6 years. I can assure you that life and jobs are better than 6 or 7 years ago. New cars, new home, appliances, smart phone, computers, medical instruments, new building..... SALES ARE ALL UP. Shortage of Inventory of home for sales. The only area where it went bad is the prices of gas which is good for the America. So I'm not sure where and what is your indications.

You are missing the point. I'm not talking about nurses and doctors. I'm talking about those of us who work in support positions. MAs, CNAs, people on the administrative side of the medical field. I'm an MT, and I was looking for a part time job to supplement my income. Of course, I could have gotten another part time job as an MT anywhere, but I wanted something different. There are not many jobs out there. That is just a fact. A lot of them will only hire part time employees. Did you miss the link I posted? This is something a lot of employers are doing now!!

Strange, here in NC plenty of full time jobs with benefits for skilled people in the medical and engineering field, in fact I get calls daily from employers and recruiters , Not just locally but all over the country for Engineering. After the first of the year I am going back to work at a very good salary, although we do have a large medical and biotech industry in Raleigh Durham, also Engineering and software a lot of jobs go begging , the community colleges are going full bore to train people in these industries.

When was the last time you looked for a fucking job anyway? Lol. Stick to what you know about. It's not the job market obviously.
I don't have to look , I retired last year and get calls daily and I am going back to work after the first of the year with a fortune 500 company at a very good salary in my Field of Engineering

David Coughlin
11/7/12

Barack Obama is not my president, not by a long shot, but unfortunately he is the president of my country. I am embarrassed to be an American today where so many people are oblivious to the damage being done to the fabric of our country and who voted for four more years of his destruction.

I cannot understand how so many people know so little about this man, and when they find out the facts about his background, choose to ignore his anti-American influences, his checkered past, his hidden records, and his lack of any accomplishment other than being elected to political office. I cannot understand how these same people see Obama's economic policies that failed to address the underlying problems and served to stagnate and lengthen the economic recovery. I cannot understand how these same people can watch Obama's foreign-policy tactics and not see America's reputation and influence degrade before their eyes. It is said that there are now two Americas that are not on speaking terms. I certainly do not understand this other America.

We have finally finished the most divisive and negative presidential campaign where Obama ran away from his record and instead attacked his challenger as his only campaign strategy. Again voters elected a president with no defined agenda, other than a continuation of the failed policies of his first term. His biggest electoral advantage was the mainstream media who "came out of the closet" to openly embrace their liberal icon President. I will not stand by quietly and watch this administration do further damage to my country.

---

I've been embarrassed that you are an American since the first post of yours I read.

The odd thing about Murkin Jizzhat is that he never posts anything of his own. It's always a cut-n-paste from somebody else's page, as if the rest of us are too stoopid to know how to read the internets.

You fn liberals don't like me exposing the leftwing so you resort to using salunsky's rules for radicals #5 which I also use along with #6.

"Salunsky" huh?
Wasn't he a pitcher with the Angels?

Now I can see why you don't write your own stuff. Same reason I don't do a whole lot of brain surgeries. :rofl:

But gosh whiz Jizzhat, keep those cut 'n' paste articles comin', because we po ulliterate folx out heah ain't got no cloo how tuh read the internets or look up shit. Why if'n we could do dat, we might even git smart enough to, I dunno, actually talk about things and express opinions and shit.

Strange, here in NC plenty of full time jobs with benefits for skilled people in the medical and engineering field, in fact I get calls daily from employers and recruiters , Not just locally but all over the country for Engineering. After the first of the year I am going back to work at a very good salary, although we do have a large medical and biotech industry in Raleigh Durham, also Engineering and software a lot of jobs go begging , the community colleges are going full bore to train people in these industries.

Well, fortunately for me, I posted a link that backs my claims. A lot of jobs out there are either temporary or part time. Sorry, that's a fact. If it hasn't affected you yet, wait, it will.

When was the last time you looked for a fucking job anyway? Lol. Stick to what you know about. It's not the job market obviously.
I don't have to look , I retired last year and get calls daily and I am going back to work after the first of the year with a fortune 500 company at a very good salary in my Field of Engineering

Let's not forget, I live in Massachusetts, and we have had our own version of "Obama Care" for years and years now. Of course employers are going to try to avoid it. They do that by hiring temporary and part time workers.

David Coughlin
11/7/12

---

"Salunsky" huh?
Wasn't he a pitcher with the Angels?

Now I can see why you don't write your own stuff. Same reason I don't do a whole lot of brain surgeries. :rofl:
The link is there but your to stupid to know how it works, I use that name as a short cut plus the man was a lunatic like you liberals...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back