I am continuing to make obscene profits from the stock market..

With the stock market continuing in climb in this bull market, my Home Depot stock which I bought a long time ago at 35 dollars a share, and split 6 times, has now reached over 180 dollars a share. For those that have investing in the stock market I salute you on your fortune. Those stupid enough to listen to liberals like Hitlery and Bernie, and have no stock, you deserve the misery that they have forced upon you. Stupid people will continue to be stupid(like taking 100 dollars and spend it on the Lotto) but not invest it in a company that can pay you back in full.

US stock market hits record high after Trump tax bill success - as it happened

I cant feel sorry for poor liberals, as they are too stupid and wont learn...
_92276035_istock_19861919_medium.jpg

I would love to see a thread where the stock market was explained WITHOUT the Leftist slants.

Why are there stocks and bonds?

What do they do?

Why the fluctuations in values?

I know most of this was supposed to be covered in Economics 101 but I doubt most people ever attended - or paid attention.
Stocks are a borrowing of a company to build up capital so the company can expand, thus allowing it to employ more people. Dividends are paid out when the company makes Obscene profits, thus allowing those who own the stock to be rewarded for investing in the company. Also, the value of the stock goes up or down, depending on how much people want or not want the stock. A dividend payout is taxed at about 5% since the money the corporation is paying out is already taxed. This isn't told to the people, yet you look at Warren Buffet(who pays a lower tax rate than his secretary) will not take a salary because that would be taxed more.
Stock company definition
What is a 'Stock'. A stock is a type of security that signifies ownership in a corporation and represents a claim on part of the corporation's assets and earnings. There are two main types of stock: common and preferred.
"stock Definition" - Investopedia
www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stock.asp

Bonds, are a way to borrow from cities, states, or country. This allows those entities to build revenues to build public buildings, fix roads, build bridges to no where, and other items the government feels that they need. They pay tax free income, but after a few years, it is hard to sell a bond thus making it a less attractive bet later on.

Government bond
A government bond is a bond issued by a national government, generally with a promise to pay periodic interest payments and to repay the face value on the maturity date. Government bonds are usually denominated in the country's own currency. Another term similar to government bond is "sovereign bond".
Government bond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_bond
cor·po·rate bond
NOUN
  1. a bond issued by a corporation rather than by a national or local government

With the stock market continuing in climb in this bull market, my Home Depot stock which I bought a long time ago at 35 dollars a share, and split 6 times, has now reached over 180 dollars a share. For those that have investing in the stock market I salute you on your fortune. Those stupid enough to listen to liberals like Hitlery and Bernie, and have no stock, you deserve the misery that they have forced upon you. Stupid people will continue to be stupid(like taking 100 dollars and spend it on the Lotto) but not invest it in a company that can pay you back in full.

_92276035_istock_19861919_medium.jpg
ROTFLMAO.....Bwaaaaahhhhaaahahaaaaa....I love to piss of liberals, because I KNOW I have made something of myself, by leaving liberalism victimhood behind, and I can laugh my ass off to you poor shmucks, who continue to be victims of liberalism......

obamaville.jpg

We should make a distinction between stock trading individual stocks and staying invested in say an index fund or a dividend reinvestment program (DRP) for 20 or more years. Stock trading is difficult to consistently beat the returns of index funds for most people. I've made large gains on individual stock trades but I lost big too. Overall I did not do as well trading as I did in staying invested over a 30 year period, especially in DRPs. Again some people are really good at trading, but statistically most are not.

Great Points! I recall the late 90s when most people got home computers and easy access to trading. There were literally 1000s of new day traders, and they all thought they had figured out the magic formula for day trading. That was a time when the market trudged higher on a weekly basis. They were all fooled into believing they were great traders, when the reality was they were simply buying and selling in a huge bull market. By 2003 the vast majority were back to collecting paychecks.
The worst story from that period I can relate is a guy I worked with who had retired and come back to work. He told me when he retired he pulled all of his 401K money out in a lump sum and put it into a trading account. It was about $1.5 million. Well we all know what happened when the dot.com bubble burst. After a year and a half all he had left was $100K.

Ouch!
That's some massive dumbassery.......

Did you work for them....have customer who and became a millionaire on the employee stock purchase plan

Did you work for them....have customer who and became a millionaire on the employee stock purchase plan
I worked for Home Depot and then went to work for McDonnell Douglas and yes I bought stock at both, which today, are well over 180 dollars for each share. Those companies have made Obscene profits and were willing to share that profit with me and my fellow workers, thus making us, very much money....

Forum List

Back