I am an exile.

Kooshdakhaa

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2011
Alaska
Yes, I am an exile from another forum. An outcast, actually. It started out as a large forum, though not quite as large as this one.

Over the course of three years people left the forum until it gradually pared down to a small group of hardcore right-wingers. Bullies. Really nasty people.

They called me a liberal! :evil:

I am not a liberal, I am moderate. :eusa_angel: In fact, I don't even measure myself in those terms at all. But to them, it was everything. To them it was justification to treat a person like...like...well, dog doo doo. :eek:

In the end, they snuck away in the night and created a new forum, leaving a small band of us behind as undesirables.

:eusa_boohoo:

I am looking for a new home. Perhaps this is it. :eusa_pray:

Yes, I am an exile from another forum. An outcast, actually. It started out as a large forum, though not quite as large as this one.

Over the course of three years people left the forum until it gradually pared down to a small group of hardcore right-wingers. Bullies. Really nasty people.

I am not a liberal, I am moderate. :eusa_angel: In fact, I don't even measure myself in those terms at all. But to them, it was everything. To them it was justification to treat a person like...like...well, dog doo doo. :eek:

In the end, they snuck away in the night and created a new forum, leaving a small band of us behind as undesirables.

Welcome, and glad you found us!

And who would want to be a member of a right wing echo chamber anyway? Here you'll find all types of discussions, no matter what the topic!

Look around, I think you'll like it here!

Shit, That happened to me in here in less than a day. Be careful.... 5-6 chicks and a few ladyboy followers in here who gang up if they don't like your agenda or your way with words.

Last edited:

Moderate? Okay, we'll see....... :eusa_whistle:

Welcome!

:eusa_clap:

Shit, That happened to me in here in less than a day. Be careful.... 5-6 chicks and a few ladyboy followers in here who gang up if they don't like your agenda or your way with words.

Hm. I guess I'll just have to hang around and see for myself.

I'm pretty easy going, although there are a couple of topics that get me fired up (my secret). I try really hard not to attack people personally, and when I do it's because they drew first blood.

So far, I'm liking this place. GREAT smileys! :eusa_clap: I love smileys!

:eusa_clap:

Hm. I guess I'll just have to hang around and see for myself.

I'm pretty easy going, although there are a couple of topics that get me fired up (my secret). I try really hard not to attack people personally, and when I do it's because they drew first blood.

So far, I'm liking this place. GREAT smileys! :eusa_clap: I love smileys!

Don't worry hon, you'll do fine here. That other boy is a whiner, just ignore him and post away!

Nothing wrong with getting fired up, that's what makes this place so interesting!

I like to post in the education threads, food, gen discussion, and for a laugh, the flame zone, where all the 'flamers' hang out! ;)

Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. Now, quit crying and tell us what's on your mind... You don't have any rep it appears. Let me start you off on the road to "rep city". Stay away from the sand box cause the liberal kids tend to pee in there.

Welcome to USMB, Kooshdakhaa. I'm not sure which one you belonged to, but I've left websites both left and right and am a moderate. People take your American centrism as unhealthy to their extremism every day. It just doesn't get under my nails anymore. I have a busy RW life, but USMB is okay when you just want to kick back and enjoy other people, plus we have the best Coffee House on the net. Everyone is welcome there, but we don't mention politics most usually.

OMG. I just went and perused a thread. I had to go back over it again to verify what I saw.

Just like the forum I was exiled from, far-right wingers start calling people all kinds of names when they don't like what they're saying. And start with the personal insults. First. And most viciously.

I'm beginning to think it's a universal truth about far-right types. I'll have to do more research before coming to a firm conclusion though.

Okay, I guess that's not fair...I'll tell you which thread I was reading. Under Media, the thread about is Fox reporting on the Murdoch thingy.

Someone else look at it and tell me, am I just imagining...who started the name calling and PERSONAL insults?

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's just interesting to me. Will this forum turn out like the one I left...everyone with a moderate (or God forbid, left) viewpoint will be run off with nastiness, until there is a tight-knit group of far-right types who then decide to restrict membership to those of their own mindset?

I sure hope not. Well, on to other topics.

(Kooshdakhaa wonders if this will provoke the first name-calling directed at her, but then realizes it's already happened right in this thread)

Where the hell did my smileys go!!?? : (

OMG. I just went and perused a thread. I had to go back over it again to verify what I saw.

Just like the forum I was exiled from, far-right wingers start calling people all kinds of names when they don't like what they're saying. And start with the personal insults. First. And most viciously.

I'm beginning to think it's a universal truth about far-right types. I'll have to do more research before coming to a firm conclusion though.

Okay, I guess that's not fair...I'll tell you which thread I was reading. Under Media, the thread about is Fox reporting on the Murdoch thingy.

Someone else look at it and tell me, am I just imagining...who started the name calling and PERSONAL insults?

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's just interesting to me. Will this forum turn out like the one I left...everyone with a moderate (or God forbid, left) viewpoint will be run off with nastiness, until there is a tight-knit group of far-right types who then decide to restrict membership to those of their own mindset?

(Kooshdakhaa wonders if this will provoke the first name-calling directed at her, but then realizes it's already happened right in this thread)

It's like that on ALL message boards hon.

The left and the right, fight and fight.

Name calling from BOTH sides.

This board has mods that are right, left and moderate.

We allow those to voice their views, even if other's don't agree with them.

There are just a few rules here, and a LOT of nice people, from both sides of the political spectrum.

They're never in quick reply, but you will find them if you click "Go advanced." To the right of the large typing screen, you will see a few smileys, click "More" below, wait a minute, and you'll have a passel of new smileys. You will also see different ones at different contextual places placed there at different times by different webbies. If you don't see one you used yesterday, go back to your old post, right click on the seemingly unavailable one, click view info, highlight and transfer it as an image elsewhere, or use the : and the ) (or whatever is shown) minus the space between. The desired smiley should show up either way.

Also, Koosh, we have flame-free zones. Foxfyre runs a nifty coffee house you might enjoy getting to know others. Hang in there. When you change forums, there's always a grace period and a few diehard posters who go for initiation rites of their very own before they will even speak to you. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back