I am an exile.

Mmmmmmm, another liberal.

*Honey, can you fire up the grill, please?*

Do you prefer BBQ or sweet and sour?

Welcome.

Hehe. No...moderate. As in rational. Like the great majority of Americans who are about sick and tired of all this fighting amongst ourselves.

Nice to meet you by the way! :bye1: Oh, yay!!! My smileys are back!

I probably should quit trying to argue now, although I see it is allowed on this forum. I was just trying to spice up my thread. I'll be good now.

:eusa_silenced:
If you're good, then you're no longer fun. Ve haf vays of corrupting you.

Want some candy?

:lol:

Welcome.

Hehe. No...moderate. As in rational. Like the great majority of Americans who are about sick and tired of all this fighting amongst ourselves.

I probably should quit trying to argue now, although I see it is allowed on this forum. I was just trying to spice up my thread. :blowup: I'll be good now.

I'm confused. I hope I didn't just do a bunch of multiple posts!

Hey, I'm not complaining! I'm loving this! Remember, the forum I came from only allowed the "in-crowd" to voice their opinion. This is GREAT!

OMG. I just went and perused a thread. I had to go back over it again to verify what I saw.

Just like the forum I was exiled from, far-right wingers start calling people all kinds of names when they don't like what they're saying. And start with the personal insults. First. And most viciously.

I'm beginning to think it's a universal truth about far-right types. I'll have to do more research before coming to a firm conclusion though.

Okay, I guess that's not fair...I'll tell you which thread I was reading. Under Media, the thread about is Fox reporting on the Murdoch thingy.

Someone else look at it and tell me, am I just imagining...who started the name calling and PERSONAL insults?

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's just interesting to me. Will this forum turn out like the one I left...everyone with a moderate (or God forbid, left) viewpoint will be run off with nastiness, until there is a tight-knit group of far-right types who then decide to restrict membership to those of their own mindset?

I sure hope not. Well, on to other topics.

(Kooshdakhaa wonders if this will provoke the first name-calling directed at her, but then realizes it's already happened right in this thread)

Where the hell did my smileys go!!?? : (

Actually, according to your OP, the forum left you. I think that's classic btw :lol: I think I may understand why. You strike me as one of those who claims to be moderate, yet only bash one side or the other (in this case, the right). Guess we'll see. ;)

Welcome.

I probably should quit trying to argue now, although I see it is allowed on this forum. I was just trying to spice up my thread. I'll be good now.

If you're good, then you're no longer fun. Ve haf vays of corrupting you.

Want some candy?

:lol:

I DO like candy! You're discovering my weaknesses already! :eusa_shhh:

Welcome.

I probably should quit trying to argue now, although I see it is allowed on this forum. I was just trying to spice up my thread. :blowup: I'll be good now.

I'm confused. I hope I didn't just do a bunch of multiple posts!

Hey, I'm not complaining! I'm loving this! Remember, the forum I came from only allowed the "in-crowd" to voice their opinion. This is GREAT!
Sorry, Koosh, but I hold the title for making the most gaffes the first day! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG. I just went and perused a thread. I had to go back over it again to verify what I saw.

Just like the forum I was exiled from, far-right wingers start calling people all kinds of names when they don't like what they're saying. And start with the personal insults. First. And most viciously.

I'm beginning to think it's a universal truth about far-right types. I'll have to do more research before coming to a firm conclusion though.

Okay, I guess that's not fair...I'll tell you which thread I was reading. Under Media, the thread about is Fox reporting on the Murdoch thingy.

Someone else look at it and tell me, am I just imagining...who started the name calling and PERSONAL insults?

I'm not trying to start a fight, it's just interesting to me. Will this forum turn out like the one I left...everyone with a moderate (or God forbid, left) viewpoint will be run off with nastiness, until there is a tight-knit group of far-right types who then decide to restrict membership to those of their own mindset?

(Kooshdakhaa wonders if this will provoke the first name-calling directed at her, but then realizes it's already happened right in this thread)

Actually, according to your OP, the forum left you. I think that's classic btw :lol: I think I may understand why. You strike me as one of those who claims to be moderate, yet only bash one side or the other (in this case, the right). Guess we'll see. ;)

Hey, hey! I'm not the only one they left behind!:evil: But, yes they were very clever, like thieves in the night.

Yeah, I shouldn't have started out getting feisty so soon. I never learn. But truly, I have conservative viewpoints. I voted for George W. Bush TWICE. (it used to throw them in a rage when I'd say that, but it's true!) I still like him, too.

Would've voted for McCain if it weren't for that damn Sarah Palin.

Too bad neither sides accepts that they can both be as wrong as they think they're correct.

Oh. And to anyone who has really absorbed what is posted almost everywhere free speech reins: The left is at least as vicious in its attacks against opposing opinions as is claimed the right is.

When a person holds a certain opinion, they tend to have thin skin when it comes to that opinion's being questioned, or when facts show it might not be as solid as one started out believing it was.

We all can stand to accept that we should continue learning until we die. And the only way to learn what's right is to at least observe facts. Even the inconvenient ones.

T.

It's like that on ALL message boards hon.

The left and the right, fight and fight.

Name calling from BOTH sides.

This board has mods that are right, left and moderate.

We allow those to voice their views, even if other's don't agree with them.

There are just a few rules here, and a LOT of nice people, from both sides of the political spectrum.

I think you went a bit lite on the crazies and not so nice.

Welcome MeMe......you are never an outcast,welcome home :razz::clap2:say goodbye to:bsflag::bsflag:bull shit.........and the bullies
Yes, I am an exile from another forum. An outcast, actually. It started out as a large forum, though not quite as large as this one.

Over the course of three years people left the forum until it gradually pared down to a small group of hardcore right-wingers. Bullies. Really nasty people.

They called me a liberal! :evil:

I am not a liberal, I am moderate. :eusa_angel: In fact, I don't even measure myself in those terms at all. But to them, it was everything. To them it was justification to treat a person like...like...well, dog doo doo. :eek:

In the end, they snuck away in the night and created a new forum, leaving a small band of us behind as undesirables.

:eusa_boohoo:

I am looking for a new home. Perhaps this is it. :eusa_pray:

Hey, hey! I'm not the only one they left behind!:evil: But, yes they were very clever, like thieves in the night.

Yeah, I shouldn't have started out getting feisty so soon. I never learn. But truly, I have conservative viewpoints. I voted for George W. Bush TWICE. (it used to throw them in a rage when I'd say that, but it's true!) I still like him, too.

Would've voted for McCain if it weren't for that damn Sarah Palin.

So you would’ve voted for McCain if it weren’t for that damn Sarah Palin? Well, I guess you must be a “moderate”. (I consider myself to be a moderate to).:lol:

Welcome to the board.

Granny says we's all exiles on dis earth...

... just like the chilluns o' Israel inna land o' Egypt...

... an' when Jesus comes back...

... he gonna lead us to the Promised Land.
:clap2:

Too bad neither sides accepts that they can both be as wrong as they think they're correct.

Oh. And to anyone who has really absorbed what is posted almost everywhere free speech reins: The left is at least as vicious in its attacks against opposing opinions as is claimed the right is.

When a person holds a certain opinion, they tend to have thin skin when it comes to that opinion's being questioned, or when facts show it might not be as solid as one started out believing it was.

We all can stand to accept that we should continue learning until we die. And the only way to learn what's right is to at least observe facts. Even the inconvenient ones.

T.

TANDERSON!!!

:eusa_clap:

Your words ring true. And as usual you make me pause and think.

What I actually believe, all b.s. aside, is that it is the nature of the individual, not their political leanings, that molds their responses.

And something I learned just today, is that sometimes the meanest-appearing people are actually the most vulnerable. A person who everyone else thinks is a real bitch came to me today, feeling hurt because everyone thinks she's a bitch. And in that moment when she confided in me, I saw her humanity, and now she has a powerful ally in me. Which will really confuse people who know us both. They'll say, why does she like her?

It's because I've seen beneath the mask.

Last edited:
Welcome MeMe......you are never an outcast,welcome home :razz::clap2:say goodbye to:bsflag::bsflag:bull shit.........and the bullies
Yes, I am an exile from another forum. An outcast, actually. It started out as a large forum, though not quite as large as this one.

Over the course of three years people left the forum until it gradually pared down to a small group of hardcore right-wingers. Bullies. Really nasty people.

They called me a liberal! :evil:

I am not a liberal, I am moderate. :eusa_angel: In fact, I don't even measure myself in those terms at all. But to them, it was everything. To them it was justification to treat a person like...like...well, dog doo doo. :eek:

In the end, they snuck away in the night and created a new forum, leaving a small band of us behind as undesirables.

:eusa_boohoo:

I am looking for a new home. Perhaps this is it. :eusa_pray:

theliq, I wish you could see the BIG SMILE on my face right now!!! :up:

Liberals think conservatives are hateful; conservatives think liberals are stupid.

Stupid people are often wrong. Just saying.

Last edited:

I voted for George W. Bush TWICE. (it used to throw them in a rage when I'd say that, but it's true!) I still like him, too.

My sincerest apologies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back