Hypotheticals

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Ok say there is a young man who met a girl say at a school they went to together. And this young man has known her for the past three years. And despite not seeing each other they corresponded and even went on a date once but didnt follow up do to busy scheduling.

And say that this young man (we will call him YM) graduated from said school and is now living where he grew up to attend graduate school and has come to realize that this young lady (whom we will call PW IE Perfect Woman) is amazing and makes him lose his mind with excitement everytime they talk.

Now here is the problem. PW is across the country in another state, lets say Idaho at the moment. And chances are that since YM has graduated he may never see her again in person. Or if worst comes to worst she will be swept off her feet by another man we will call RM.

When YM and PW talk they totally flirt and share thoughts and are very open about things. Not to mention PW is a total hottie. IE hotter than most female pop stars. Should YM just consign himself for never having a shot with a girl so far away or should he do something and if so what?

Finding "the right one" can mean the difference between truly living and merely existing. YM should seriously consider adjusting his plans so that they might make room for PW. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

For me this raises more questions than it does potential resolutions.

However, if it were me, given the information provided in the hypothetical, I would continue with the phone thing and see where it went. In the meantime, without burning any bridges, I think I would have to test the waters where I was at.

Should YM just consign himself for never having a shot with a girl so far away or should he do something and if so what?

Based on what you've told us, YM is infatuated with PW. Also, PW's level of attraction to YM is not firmly established as yet.

I suggest YM attempt to clarify how PW views the relationship. I urge this be done in person, over a long weekend, where YM can arrange a non-pressure yet intimate location for each to develop mutual feelings.

If such feelings are firmly established, I would urge full mobility for YM to suit his future around PW and grasp true love with both fists.

YM's feelings must be shared by PW during this "All out assualt" for her heart. If not, I recommend a full retreat from the certain misery that unrequited love bestows.

I guarantee she will not be the only one to make you feel the way you do, as long as you are willing to let her go. But if you do find a spark with each other then by all means you MUST let the fire burn!

I'd say stop kicking yourself in the ass for being too chicken to talk to her, buck up, and find a nice young lovely in that potato eating Idaho town you're in.........hypothetically that is. :D

Originally posted by musicman
Finding "the right one" can mean the difference between truly living and merely existing. YM should seriously consider adjusting his plans so that they might make room for PW. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Agreed.

If nothing else, it warrants a final visit whatever the cost and find out where everything stands so the chances of success are known.

YM should hypothetically grab sack and go for it. Otherwise, YM will life a hypothetical life of misery for not having taken the chance at his PW. :D

Take a trip and test drive the car first. You never know it could be a lemon under the hood and a dog on the road.

Originally posted by OCA
Take a trip and test drive the car first. You never know it could be a lemon under the hood and a dog on the road.

Reccommending a road trip for test driving doggy-style are we?

:D ;)

Yeah, you want to make sure it can handle corners fast. has no play in the steering wheel and that all 4 tires are perfectly balanced. :D Also you want 0-60 in as quick as possible, you don't want anything that needs 20 minutes of idle warmup after its been started.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I'd say stop kicking yourself in the ass for being too chicken to talk to her, buck up, and find a nice young lovely in that potato eating Idaho town you're in.........hypothetically that is. :D
oh you talk so big.......:rolleyes:

Dont listen to DK.

Ask him if he found a girl in New Mexico or did he move to Texas when he found the absolute PERFECT woman (me)

Nice try, DK - but you are.....

DISMISSED!

(and busted)

haha

Now for my advice (and because Im always right, you really need only read and act upon my advice) lol ;)

So many opportunities in life are unrecognized because people have grown too afraid to take chances. This is a sad thing because as Gretzky (I think) says "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take". or something like that. and yes, dk, Im aware I spelled his name incorrectly .

Anyway, here is an example: I took a chance on someone who lived far from me - a long haired yankee who will remain nameless for now :p:
My life changed at the moment that I took that chance 7 nearly 8 years ago. It changed for the better. I can honestly say that I live a life that I believe most people wish for. Im completely loved and supported and I feel as in love now as I did the moment that he stepped off the plane.

I nearly didnt take that chance.....I wouldve missed out on an incredible lifetime.

So hypothetically or not, dont make the mistake of not taking a chance if you intuitively feel that you should (which you do, otherwise you wouldnt have written the original post). The outcome may just be incredible beyond words.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
oh you talk so big.......:rolleyes:

Dont listen to DK.

Ask him if he found a girl in New Mexico or did he move to Texas when he found the absolute PERFECT woman (me)

Nice try, DK - but you are.....

DISMISSED!

(and busted)

haha

hey, he DID say hypothetically, so there. :p:

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
Now for my advice (and because Im always right, you really need only read and act upon my advice) lol ;)

So many opportunities in life are unrecognized because people have grown too afraid to take chances. This is a sad thing because as Gretzky (I think) says "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take". or something like that. and yes, dk, Im aware I spelled his name incorrectly .

Anyway, here is an example: I took a chance on someone who lived far from me - a long haired yankee who will remain nameless for now :p:
My life changed at the moment that I took that chance 7 nearly 8 years ago. It changed for the better. I can honestly say that I live a life that I believe most people wish for. Im completely loved and supported and I feel as in love now as I did the moment that he stepped off the plane.

I nearly didnt take that chance.....I wouldve missed out on an incredible lifetime.

So hypothetically or not, dont make the mistake of not taking a chance if you intuitively feel that you should (which you do, otherwise you wouldnt have written the original post). The outcome may just be incredible beyond words.

Good Luck!

awww, shucks. :dance2: i love you too :D

YM needs to get off his happy ass and get to Idaho. Then proceed to let PW how he feels about her. This sounds like the scenario that my wife and I got together.

yes folks - its a rare moment that Ive been nice to DK rather than busting and dismissing him. Im over it now.

May the games continue! :dev1: :poke: :whip3: :dev1:

Originally posted by remie
YM needs to get off his happy ass and get to Idaho. Then proceed to let PW how he feels about her. This sounds like the scenario that my wife and I got together.

Remie - sounds familiar!

Care to share the story? I'd love to hear it.....?

Forum List

Back