Howdy!

RedTeamTex

Aug 27, 2015
Central Texas
I'm a Gen-Xer originally from West Texas and lifelong political history buff and news junkie. I have to admit I'm old enough to remember some history now. Been watching political conventions of both parties since I was 11 and the Gipper was on his way to re-election.

Used to be a swing voter, but by the time '08 rolled around I had been swinging Republican for years and finally stamped my voter registration card to vote in Republican primaries--just in time for historic lows in party identification and serious electoral defeats to come. (The 2D political map has me hugging the intersection of centrist, 'right,' and libertarian)

I'm no longer the sort to ordinarily dive into whirlpools of pointless debate. But it's that time again, and sometimes you just get a quadrennial itch to plant a banner in the ground and wax poetic on civics. Rather than inflict my mild seasonal neurosis on unsuspecting victims, I'll make myself a steam valve here where all those burdened share willingness and compassion for a fellow sufferer...regardless of how misguided we perceive each other. ;P

Work, family, and leisure don't permit me a lot of time to while away the hours here, but thanks for letting me hang around.

I'm a Gen-Xer originally from West Texas and lifelong political history buff and news junkie. I have to admit I'm old enough to remember some history now. Been watching political conventions of both parties since I was 11 and the Gipper was on his way to re-election.

Used to be a swing voter, but by the time '08 rolled around I had been swinging Republican for years and finally stamped my voter registration card to vote in Republican primaries--just in time for historic lows in party identification and serious electoral defeats to come. (The 2D political map has me hugging the intersection of centrist, 'right,' and libertarian)

I'm no longer the sort to ordinarily dive into whirlpools of pointless debate. But it's that time again, and sometimes you just get a quadrennial itch to plant a banner in the ground and wax poetic on civics. Rather than inflict my mild seasonal neurosis on unsuspecting victims, I'll make myself a steam valve here where all those burdened share willingness and compassion for a fellow sufferer...regardless of how misguided we perceive each other. ;P

Work, family, and leisure don't permit me a lot of time to while away the hours here, but thanks for letting me hang around.
We have a GREAT conservative Texan immigration policy here.

Welcome to USMB! I noticed Blue Team signed up to USMB today also! Remind me to tell you about the story about the Blue Team and the Red Team. I believe you may find it interesting.

welcome-0969_zpsnvbxdx5t.gif

Welcome fellow Texan.......hope you enjoy posting in here.

Welcome, and I hope you have a good time here. You seem like a good guy to me.

Onward and upward.

Thanks y'all!

Can't make any promises, but I hope my brain-to-mouth ratio is somewhere north of a T-Rex. Now I'm not sure if there are any paleological theories on how stubborn carnosaurs were, but if so I may have to plead the fifth.

Thanks y'all!

Can't make any promises, but I hope my brain-to-mouth ratio is somewhere north of a T-Rex. Now I'm not sure if there are any paleological theories on how stubborn carnosaurs were, but if so I may have to plead the fifth.
Just watch out for the brain to ass ratio, hello...

Thanks y'all!

Just watch out for the brain to ass ratio, hello...
Dont have to worry about that with him, he already said he was registered republican. He should be ok.

Well, welcome to the nuthouse, I currently live in West Texas, El Paso, one of the few solidly blue enclaves in Texas. I'm a political agnostic who loves to "troll" (as I'm accused of doing) both sides of the aisle....... :D
Hope you've had all your shots. :thup:

I saw Mertex welcoming you as a fellow Texan. Mertex is the sweetest woman around. She loves Republicans. You'll get along real well.
Welcome aboard...

Forum List

Back