How to Scare Your Public School

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
by

Samson

First, have all your kids diagnosed with some sort of mental disability.

Second, have them qualified for "Special Education."

Now, whenever your wants and desires conflict with the school's, repeat the following until you get what you want:

"The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act does not allow you to discriminate against MY CHILD."

If the school insists on arguing, for example, that all students have the choice between vanilla or chocolate ice cream, and your kid's request for strawberry ice cream is being denied, say, "WE WILL LET A COURT DECIDE IF THAT'S FAIR!"

The next day, strawberry ice cream, or whatever you want, will be on the menue, even if the principal himself has to buy it.

Last edited:
by

Samson

Now, whenever your wants and desires conflict with the school's, repeat the following until you get what you want:

"The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act does not allow you to discriminate against MY CHILD."

If the school insists on arguing, for example, that all students have the choice between vanilla or chocolate ice cream, and your kid's request for strawberry ice cream is being denied, say, "WE WILL LET A COURT DECIDE IF THAT'S FAIR!"

The next day, strawberry ice cream, or whatever you want, will be on the menue, even if the principal himself has to buy it.

A smart school would let the court decide about the ice cream example. I would love to see a lawyer try to prove to a judge that not having strawberry ice cream is discrimination.

in vermont, boys can use the girls' bathroom if they feel like they're really a girl.

in vermont, boys can use the girls' bathroom if they feel like they're really a girl.

I tried that at work today & got fired.

th2F6722F5EEA393AA.gif

by

Samson

A smart school would let the court decide about the ice cream example. I would love to see a lawyer try to prove to a judge that not having strawberry ice cream is discrimination.

Why?

500 Gallons of Strawberry Ice Cream is much cheaper.

Got some problems you want to tell us about?

Let's just say I have a close friend, whose 16 yo slave is SpEd. School has all the students show up yesterday to get their schedules, and make any changes they want.

He drops his kid at the school, and the school counsellor says, hey, you're Special Ed, we cannot do anything about your schedule, go talk to the SpEd office. No one's at the SpEd office, so the kid walks home.

Today, my close friend takes the slave back to school, and the councellor expains that since the kid is SpEd and has an IEP, he cannot change the schedule, and the persons that CAN change it won't be back until school starts.

My friend says, "You are discriminating against my slave, because he is SpEd."
Councellor: "No we're not, he has an IEP"
My friend: "Well, that's something for a court to decide."

My close friend received a call, 4 hours later, letting him know the schedule for his slave would be changed.

Let's just say I have a close friend, whose 16 yo slave is SpEd. School has all the students show up yesterday to get their schedules, and make any changes they want.

He drops his kid at the school, and the school counsellor says, hey, you're Special Ed, we cannot do anything about your schedule, go talk to the SpEd office. No one's at the SpEd office, so the kid walks home.

Today, my close friend takes the slave back to school, and the councellor expains that since the kid is SpEd and has an IEP, he cannot change the schedule, and the persons that CAN change it won't be back until school starts.

My close friend received a call, 4 hours later, letting him know the schedule for his slave would be changed.

What ever happened to wanting to be treated just like everyone else?

What ever happened to wanting to be treated just like everyone else?

Precisely.

I thought it was interesting how quickly the wheels began to turn after dad showed up. Why didn't the school say, "Everyone EXCEPT SpEd students may come to the school on August 11th to have their schedules changed?" Because that would be Clearly in violation of IDEA!!

Last edited:
We had a student assault a bus driver because he wouldn't stop and turn the bus around to pick up this kids'cell phone that he dropped out the window. The bus driver refused to take him again (understandably) so the district sent a private bus to pick him up. And because of the bus schedule, he was given a shortened day. Crime pays. Good ole IDEA.

samson, I'm new. Did you just get your hair cut. All you do is tell non funny jokes.

Well, like you said, you're "new," but I think your also very special, so just take your time.

Perhaps we can put an IEP together for you, but I suspect your difficulty might be easier to solve if you weren't a hand-puppet for a mod living in a vodka bottle.

We have an epidemic that's started in our school which I have coined "teacher shopping". If a sped student doesn't "like" his teacher, or more likely, the homework policy, they go to their case manager and complain. Voila! Schedule changed.

Needless to say, it has caused morale problems and the administration vehemently denies that it is going on.

People are just too afraid of lawsuits.

We have an epidemic that's started in our school which I have coined "teacher shopping". If a sped student doesn't "like" his teacher, or more likely, the homework policy, they go to their case manager and complain. Voila! Schedule changed.

Needless to say, it has caused morale problems and the administration vehemently denies that it is going on.

People are just too afraid of lawsuits.

Unless you're only talking about SpED students, then its unlikely that the admin is being influanced with the threat of lawsuit.

Much more likely, and not terribly unique to your school, is the administrators are pussies.

Forum List

Back