How to Make A Solar Lightbulb - Pure Genius

Cool idea, but it doesn't work at night.

Not to take anything away from the guy. I've seen this before, and would like to incorporate it in my workshop (when I build it).

Last edited:
Where's your sense of adventure, Mr. H? I didn't realise it didn't work at night, Dave. Still it was a very clever idea..

Where's your sense of adventure, Mr. H? I didn't realise it didn't work at night, Dave. Still it was a very clever idea..

It's not your fault you didn't get the memo. The earth does in fact rotate.

As for my sense of adventure... this sums it up quite tidily...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-iBpbEbNk]Yes - Awaken . Studio Version HD Audio - YouTube[/ame]

Cool idea, but it doesn't work at night.

Really? The sun doesn't shine at night? Are you sure?

The thing people need to understand about this is that:

a) it is intended for us only in very poor countries

b) it is intended for use only during day time

c) people who use them sometimes do have access to electricity, but can not afford to us it

It's brilliant, and is really sweeping Asia right now.

BBC News - Alfredo Moser: Bottle light inventor proud to be poor

What an invention this guy came up with! Light your entire home for free! This guy deserves the Nobel!

Cool - but if it isn't an outstanding contributions in Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Peace, Physiology or Medicine, and Economic Sciences - you can't get a Nobel.

EDIT - plus I'm pretty sure someone already invented the skylight - and someone has already invented the light bulb - all this guy is doing is making skylights that look like light bulbs.

Last edited:
BBC News - Alfredo Moser: Bottle light inventor proud to be poor

What an invention this guy came up with! Light your entire home for free! This guy deserves the Nobel!

Cool - but if it isn't an outstanding contributions in Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Peace, Physiology or Medicine, and Economic Sciences - you can't get a Nobel.

EDIT - plus I'm pretty sure someone already invented the skylight - and someone has already invented the light bulb - all this guy is doing is making skylights that look like light bulbs.

all good i suppose i would be a little afraid of the bottles freezing in the winter

and damaging the roof

Forum List

Back