Zone1 How the translators created the snake.

You provide no links, no translations to back up your Bible pervert claims.
I do this a lot. I like to give others the opportunity to confirm or debunk my claims using their own resources. And I almost never ask someone for a link or source of statements that I might disagree with. I just go ahead and research it for myself if the subject interests me.

They took the whisper of a/the deceiver and likened it to the hiss of a snake, then anthropomorphized it into a literal snake. They then changed the true meaning of belly from 'bursting forth from the belly' i.e. childbirth, to crawling on the belly, to nail it down. Of course, God allowed this for his own reasons. Perhaps because it would take careful study to learn the truth.

Also, snakes don't eat dirt, but women do.
Everything 'clear' except the 'they' and your motivations.
Sorry, I'll stick with the wrong version because your version smacks of the PRIDE of superiority, secret knowledge, and contempt for ordinary people (there are a LOT of ordinary people)

Sorry, I'll stick with the wrong version because your version smacks of the PRIDE of superiority, secret knowledge, and contempt for ordinary people (there are a LOT of ordinary people)
I anticipate such knee-jerk reactions, and that's ok. Long-held beliefs are hard to change (been there, done that).

They are the churchmen and scholars that translated the texts into the KJV. My motivation is always the search for truth. I reveal what I have learned, no secrets. No pride or contempt (well, maybe a little pride). I do require others to prove me wrong, however. They must put in the work. That is usually the sticking point as what I propose is so radically different from conventional belief. I suggest that you do the work needed to debunk my theory.

Last edited:
I realize that long-held beliefs are hard to change (been there, done that).
They are the churchmen and scholars that translated the texts into the KJV. My motivation is always the search for truth. I reveal what I have learned, no secrets. No pride or contempt or I would keep these things to myself. I do require others to prove me wrong, however. They must put in the work. That is usually the sticking point. I suggest that you do the work needed to debunk my theory.
That would mean my faith is as tentative and non-committal as yours. No thanks :)

That would mean my faith is as tentative and non-committal as yours. No thanks :)
If I weren't committed, I wouldn't bother studying these things. Remember the Bereans, who studied the scriptures carefully so they could get it right. Much of what people believe about the Bible isn't in the Bible.

Actually, having some disdain for people is justified.
Look what they've done to this world and to themselves.

Actually, having some disdain for people is justified.
Look what they've done to this world and to themselves.
again, this excludes you. JUST WHAT I WAS SAYING>

ME ....and.... these people

“There exists a solidarity among men as human beings that makes each co-responsible for every wrong and every injustice in the world, especially for crimes committed in his presence or with his knowledge. If I fail to do whatever I can to prevent them, I too am guilty.”

― Karl Jaspers, The Question of German Guilt

“Few are guilty, but all are responsible.”
― Abraham Joshua Heschel, The Prophets

So do you understand that there was no concept of Satan?
There was, in retrospect.

I'm just realizing the truth about some things that happened to me 60 years ago that I was ignorant of at the time.

“There exists a solidarity among men as human beings that makes each co-responsible for every wrong and every injustice in the world, especially for crimes committed in his presence or with his knowledge. If I fail to do whatever I can to prevent them, I too am guilty.”

Nonsense. I don't buy that guilt trip.

God wants his people to come out of this 'solidarity'.

Forum List

Back