How the political bias of the News Networks are dealing with the Zimmerman Verdict.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have been watching the three major News Networks, MSNBC, Fox, and CNN since last night's verdict and I have notice a distinct difference in the way the verdict has been dealt with.

Fox News has had numerous people on, mostly saying how the jury had reached a verdict based upon the evidence presented and critical of the actions of the Prosecuting team and the Politics that backed them.

CNN has been more sympathetic to the family of Trayvon, but some having praise for the Jury and critical of the prosecutors.

MSNBC has been in what I can only call a Dirge mode. Trayvon's picture all over the place, fueling out right hatred for Zimmerman, calling it a result of racism, bad Florida laws, Racism in the laws, and almost making Trayvon a martyr of sorts. Demands for Federal DOJ involvement, more trials for Zimmerman, etc.

I have been watching the three major News Networks, MSNBC, Fox, and CNN since last night's verdict and I have notice a distinct difference in the way the verdict has been dealt with.

Fox News has had numerous people on, mostly saying how the jury had reached a verdict based upon the evidence presented and critical of the actions of the Prosecuting team and the Politics that backed them.

CNN has been more sympathetic to the family of Trayvon, but some having praise for the Jury and critical of the prosecutors.

MSNBC has been in what I can only call a Dirge mode. Trayvon's picture all over the place, fueling out right hatred for Zimmerman, calling it a result of racism, bad Florida laws, Racism in the laws, and almost making Trayvon a martyr of sorts. Demands for Federal DOJ involvement, more trials for Zimmerman, etc.
Have any of them them used the word "Innocent", as opposed to the term "Not Guilty" when referring to Mr Zimmerman?

Martin has already been declared a martyr by "civil" rights leaders.

While I heard one person, not a member of the media, say that Trayvon's name belongs next to Medgar Evans on the list of victims to the fight for civil rights, I hadn't heard anyone from the media actually say anything like that.. yet.

Have any of them them used the word "Innocent", as opposed to the term "Not Guilty" when referring to Mr Zimmerman?

Not to my knowledge.. Mostly because that wasn't the verdict.

I don't pay much attention to MSNBC. Normally, I find FOX to be way overboard on the right side of things, but last night I was in total agreement. I do believe CNN has been given a bad rap as being ultra-liberal when in fact they seem to have the most balanced reporting overall, even when they may not completely agree with something.

Not to my knowledge.. Mostly because that wasn't the verdict.

Yeah, I know, the only two options are either "Guilty" or "Not Guilty", but the media sometimes uses the term "Found Innocent".

Chris Wallace had the Martin family attorney on this morning. What he missed in the guy's statement was that if the DOJ brings a federal civil rights charge against Zimmerman, the trial "would be in Orlando with a different DIMographic"....right, a black jury who'll convict him in a minute. You'd think Wallace might have inquired about that statement but then Chris Wallace grows more suspect by the week of being a wolf in sheep's clothing for the left.

I don't pay much attention to MSNBC. Normally, I find FOX to be way overboard on the right side of things, but last night I was in total agreement. I do believe CNN has been given a bad rap as being ultra-liberal when in fact they seem to have the most balanced reporting overall, even when they may not completely agree with something.

I'm interested in the Rev. Al show on MSNBC tomorrow night.Want to see if he uses the time to further his agenda against Zimmerman or will he just rely on what the facts are.

I can't believe MSNBC is pushing this Trayvon was a saint crap.

Then the "Black men aren't safe, but living targets" line.

Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. None of them are addressing that. They are acting as if Zimmerman stood off a hundred yards and shot him simply because he was black.

MSNBC and these Liberals have lost their minds.

Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. None of them are addressing that. They are acting as if Zimmerman stood off a hundred yards and shot him simply because he was black.

It's sort of the flip side to the RW outrage on the thread about "Obama issues statement" thread. Nobody really knows what happened, and I couldn't care less about the verdict one way or another. But, you did have an unarmed teenager shot to death basically because he looked "hoody" on his way home from the candy store for munchies after he smoked some herb. It wasn't second degree murder, or manslaughter, but it ain't right for society to be like that.

Not that a black guy in a hoody at 2 am outside my house doesn't get my attention too.

It's sort of the flip side to the RW outrage on the thread about "Obama issues statement" thread. Nobody really knows what happened, and I couldn't care less about the verdict one way or another. But, you did have an unarmed teenager shot to death basically because he looked "hoody" on his way home from the candy store for munchies after he smoked some herb. It wasn't second degree murder, or manslaughter, but it ain't right for society to be like that.

Not that a black guy in a hoody at 2 am outside my house doesn't get my attention too.

He wasn't shot because he was black or wearing a hoody or because he bought skittles or had smoked some "herb".

He was shot because he was beating the crap out of Zimmerman.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a single person on MSNBC address the fact that Trayvon the innocent was shot while straddling Zimmerman and breaking his nose.

I wonder why?

It's to be expected when you're dealing with racists who murdered and stole this country in the same fashion as the Trayvon murder...shoot to kill, then deny...deny..deny....

I really hope both sides just let it go now and move on.

They aren't.

Obama is going to use it to get more gun control and the rest of the Liberals are going to use it to get the other 5% of the black vote they don't already get.

Finally the Martin family is going to use it to get rich and polish the wanna-be thug's reputation from what it was to being an innocent.

I really hope both sides just let it go now and move on.

They aren't.

Obama is going to use it to get more gun control and the rest of the Liberals are going to use it to get the other 5% of the black vote they don't already get.

Finally the Martin family is going to use it to get rich and polish the wanna-be thug's reputation from what it was to being an innocent.

While at the same time thousands of blacks are blown away within our inner-cities by other blacks. There's truly no justice, but it isn't what these idiots think.

Zimmerman got damn lucky to choose people that cared about the evidence.

Forum List

Back