O’Reilly Factor Race Baits Jesse Jackson’s Call For Calm After Zimmerman Verdict

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Apparently, The O’Reilly Factor is not to be undone in the “we’ll race bait anything in the George Zimmerman trial” department. Just one day after the Hannity show used Rev. Al Sharpton’s calls for peace and calm in Florida to race bait against him and other African Americans, substitute O'Reilly host Laura Ingraham did the same thing last night when she sneered at a tweet from Jesse Jackson urging calm. Only on Fox News would calls for restraint be used to racially hate monger.

Before getting to Jackson, Ingraham took a racial swipe at President Obama over the Zimmerman case. Why? Because he offered sympathy for Trayvon Martin’s parents by saying, “When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. …You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

That’s Fox code for: He’s not on the side of whites. Ingraham didn't bother to point out that Obama's remark was in response to a question while the case was swirling in the headlines, not part of some speech.

But then Ingraham made her race baiting a little more explicit. After complaining about the politicization and racializing of the trial, she proved that there was nothing too trivial to politicize herself. Speaking to guest and Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro, Ingraham said:

Judge, I don’t know if you saw Jesse Jackson’s tweet… We’ll show our viewers what he tweeted about this trial. He said, "If Zimmerman is not convicted, avoid violence because it only leads to more tragedies. Self-destruction is not the road to reconstruction.”

Just like Sean Hannity before her, instead of praising the call for calm (which, just like Hannity, she’d surely condemn if Jackson hadn’t), Ingraham used the tweet to portray Jackson as some kind of racial hypocrite because the year before he had called Martin a “martyr,” said that African Americans should be “going to war” instead of just demonstrating and that there’s “power in Trayvon’s blood.” Obviously, Jackson was speaking metaphorically but Ingraham didn’t care. She said, “What’s your take of that part of this, this element of race and racism and so forth?”

Read more at O?Reilly Factor Race Baits Jesse Jackson?s Call For Calm After Zimmerman Verdict - NewsHounds

Hate mongers (AKA Fox "News") are in overdrive.

Forum List

Back