How the GOP is Miscalculating Middle Votes

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
These are topics the GOP/Rove machine are assuming will turn votes in their favor. And they are completely wrong.

1. Voter fraud: whenever Fox talks about it, the listener hears "They don't want me to vote: so guess what I'm going to do...and who for..."

2. Sluggish economy being Obama's fault. The listener hears: "They're trying to bury how Bush/Cheney screwed our economy in part by the Iraq war"

3. ISIS/war fear is Obama's mess. The listener hears (see #2)

4. Ebola is a liberal welcome mat for an epidemic. The listener hears: "I've seen a lot of mixed reports from dems on this. Hey, didn't California just enact a quarantine??"

5. Anti abortion and strict clamp downs on birth control are necessary! The listener hears, "man, they're trying to make it so that chick from the bar I knocked up that night could sue me for child support??"

I left 6 blank because it's a strategy that would work.

Forgot another GOP snoozefest....'the recent insults to Israel by the Obama administration'.

That one is simply making the GOP look desperate...leading from behind...weak...all the things the GOP accuses Obama/dems of being.

The bulk of middle voters could give one fig about Israel. These are the oldschool pre-election talking points that are just recycled by the Rove machine. Are they lacking this much creativity? Grasping at such old tired tricks? What's going on with the GOP?

Is this really a case of Daddy's little girls getting everything they want? Collusion? How much will this party risk for?

Mary Mary quite contrary how do the campaigns go?
With wedding bells and broadside shells
and cunning maids all in a row..

Oh, and trying to tag Obama's failures onto dems is a lost cause too in that even the duller of voters [most in the middle are smart enough to discern and remain independent...know your sheep...tend to be more intelligent as a rule] realize Obama is going to be gone in two years but the Senate could have it's power balance much longer than that..

They are picking at such mediocre topics. It isn't going to tip the scales. They've been hammering that home and meanwhile dem's spokeslesbian is killing them on the last stretch of this race by not being timid, but being as aggressive as she can, exploiting every weak scale the republicans have thusfar refused to self-reflect on. The emperor still thinks his clothes are beautiful. Meanwhile the little boy in the audience has begun to expose him.

Forum List

Back