How Qatar Is Funding The Rise Of Radical Islam

did Penelope just claim that the kids in basic training never drink? ROFLMAO

I did think about that girl who committed suicide, I didn't know her , just of her. I think since she was the only one who did commit suicide that I was aware of , she probably did have preexisting problems before basic which led her to do such a thing . what who knows.

Oh no , no drinking in basic when I was there, not until AIT and that was not at first.

Last edited:

I did think about that girl who committed suicide, I didn't know her , just of her. I think since she was the only one who did commit suicide that I was aware of , she probably did have preexisting problems before basic which led her to do such a thing . what who knows.

Suicide is not at all uncommon in the military---nor is drinking. nor is drugging--nor are kids damaged by prior problems.

suicide is not at all uncommon in young people----in all societies. In the USA--it is
probably #1 cause of death in young males---females fail in suicide attempts more than do males----female suicide ATTEMPTS out
number male attemps-----males simply
succeed

Suicide is not at all uncommon in the military---nor is drinking. nor is drugging--nor are kids damaged by prior problems.

suicide is not at all uncommon in young people----in all societies. In the USA--it is
probably #1 cause of death in young males---females fail in suicide attempts more than do males----female suicide ATTEMPTS out
succeed

I am aware of the suicide rate, and if they are allowed to drink in Basic now I have no idea,

WE WERE NOT. Also we didn't start getting passes till a few weeks into AIT, which were on a Sun or Sat afternoon for a few hours at the bowling alley of which they had like a 3.2 beer, whatever that is.

I have concluded that "the problem" to which
Penelope alludes was in the OP---Qatar---
buys USA land-----AND Qatar---supports
terrorism. My take on that problem is----
MONEY from Qatar supporting terrorism may or may not be disbursed by the GOVERNMENT of
Qatar----it may be privately donated as
ZAKAT I believe Saudi support of terrorism is of the type ---ZAKAT

a good way to deal with support of terrorism---with a country's money----is to seize assets
thru lawsuits-----difficult to trace----but sometimes possible

succeed

I am aware of the suicide rate, and if they are allowed to drink in Basic now I have no idea,

WE WERE NOT. Also we didn't start getting passes till a few weeks into AIT, which were on a Sun or Sat afternoon for a few hours at the bowling alley of which they had like a 3.2 beer, whatever that is.

it's beer----right there in vending machines----
it has an alcohol content----and if I remember correctly it cost something like 25 cents. Lots of drinking going on in the military. Beer and whiskey is very inexpensive in the
military store-------what is your point?

succeed

it's beer----right there in vending machines----
it has an alcohol content----and if I remember correctly it cost something like 25 cents. Lots of drinking going on in the military. Beer and whiskey is very inexpensive in the
military store-------what is your point?

Not in BASIC TRAINING. Whats your point?

Will crashing oil prices crash Qatar?...

Crashing oil prices aren't the only reason Qatar might suddenly be worried about money
Jan. 13, 2016, The impending closure of Al Jazeera America is baffling in some respects. Qatar turned into one of the Middle East's rising countries through a smart and patient "soft power" strategy.
The kingdom spread its influence through global investments in real estate and news media, an outsized interest in high diplomacy, and the hosting of major global events like the World Cup. Al Jazeera America was launched in 2013 as the result of a contentious $500 million purchase of Current TV, a sign that the Qatari monarchy was willing to pour considerable resources into similar efforts in the US as well. So what made Doha change its mind about Al Jazeera America?

After all, the Qatari government is expected to spend some $220 billion on the 2022 World Cup and related projects, and Al Jazeera English (which is managed and organized separately from Al Jazeera America) had a reported annual budget of $100 million as of 2013. CNN raised the possibility that low oil prices had killed off the network, as sub-$30-a-barrel oil curtailed the Qatari government's ability to fund a channel with anemic ratings.

screen%20shot%202016-01-13%20at%204.20.41%20pm.png

But oil prices aren't the only reason Doha might now be disinclined to throw money at potentially failing business enterprises: Qatar may now have its natural gas revenues to worry about as well. Qatar is the world's largest exporter of liquefied natural gas, and has the third-largest proven natural gas reserves in the world. Liquid natural gas alone accounts for nearly $60 billion in annual revenue, according to a March 2015 study from Columbia University's Center on Global Energy Policy.

Ideally, natural gas would be a handy insurance policy against plunges in global oil prices. The trouble is that the Qatari government might see looming problems in its natural gas revenue picture as well. According to the Columbia study, Qatari natural gas revenue will likely plateau under an optimistic scenario and could plunge to $37 billion within the next decade (see chart above). This dip would occur thanks to US shale gas production and alternative natural gas sources for emerging Asian economies that currently purchase gas from Qatar.

MORE

Forum List

Back