How Obama Got Elected

Actually, it should matter how smart all voters are. There should be a 3-5 question quiz regarding your knowledge of your chosen party, and what it stands for, as well as what the key issues are that you're required to take prior to being able to vote. If you miss even 1 question, you don't get to vote, period.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know shit about what they're voting for.

:lol: sorry dude that's just ridiculous.

I will agree with you though that a lot of people don't have a clue what they are voting for... they are still entitled to vote. Don't whine and complain just because this time the supposedly "uninformed" voted for the Dems. It's usually the Republicans who they flock to.

we will,, maybe some day four years from now! not now though, we are gonna whine and bitch a blue streak,, just like youse guys did for 8 solid unremitting years.

:clap2: something to look forward to.

I expect ya'll will report when you return the income tax refunds given to you by the Obama administration and you'll also forgo any benefits brought about by changes he makes to healthcare and education too.

oh and when your sons or daughters come home from iraq alive..be sure to lock the door and tell them they should've stayed UNTIL THEY WON that war. :cuckoo:

:clap2: something to look forward to.

I expect ya'll will report when you return the income tax refunds given to you by the Obama administration and you'll also forgo any benefits brought about by changes he makes to healthcare and education too.

oh and when your sons or daughters come home from iraq alive..be sure to lock the door and tell them they should've stayed UNTIL THEY WON that war. :cuckoo:

I doubt obamalama will send me any income tax refunds,, doubt it,, I also doubt I will get healthcare just like his,, I also doubt education will get any better,, and I doubt that a lot of American sons and daughters will come back alive,, yep! that's why I wasn't snookered into voting for the obamalama,, he can't possibly do any of that while cutting taxes for 95% of the Americans.. even a nitwit like I am can figure that out.. doh! I do however think he will empty the contents of Gitmo right into our civillian courts.. Yep I do

Because she did.

Actually, no, she didn't. Palin has never stepped foot in the stores "the clothes" were purchased from. They were purchased prior to her arrival at the Republican National Convention by the Republican National Committee. They included clothes for eight family members. 1/3 of the clothes were returned right away. Another 1/3 were never used and at the end of the campaign all clothes were returned to the RNC. The dollar figure is also in dispute. This was nothing but a media driven smear job.

But did we hear the media report that Obama got his house for $300,000.00 below market value with the help of a convicted felon? Of course not. That would be the politics of personal destruction by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Actually, no, she didn't. Palin has never stepped foot in the stores "the clothes" were purchased from. They were purchased prior to her arrival at the Republican National Convention by the Republican National Committee. They included clothes for eight family members. 1/3 of the clothes were returned right away. Another 1/3 were never used and at the end of the campaign all clothes were returned to the RNC. The dollar figure is also in dispute. This was nothing but a media driven smear job.
But did we hear the media report that Obama got his house for $300,000.00 below market value with the help of a convicted felon? Of course not. That would be the politics of personal destruction by the vast right wing conspiracy.

as was almost everything else that was ever said about her!

Right....

The clothes purchase was listed on the documents that McCain's campaign filed. That's where the reporter who broke the story found the info.

While you're chuckling it up go dig up some proof that Obama is smart and brilliant. Published articles, legislation he has authored and introduced, academic records. Go along, I have all day. ;)

Oh yeah, you need proof of how brilliant a lawyer President Obama is? You want to see the kinds of cases he blew out of the water? Proof? You want proof?

Take a gander at this article from the LA Times:

A look back on Obama's law years -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Right....

The clothes purchase was listed on the documents that McCain's campaign filed. That's where the reporter who broke the story found the info.

Exactly. Palin didn't buy them. They were bought for her and her family prior to her arriving at the convention. If there is a story it should have been about the idiots who did buy them. But that would require a reporter actually doing some work. We can't have that when the editor already has the story written.

Nah, he won't be carter two. Carter was too wimpy militarily and that's what sunk him, Obama is going to be sure to not make that mistake.

Demographics, baby, demographics - Obama got the latino vote, the urban vote, other votes --- The republicans need to change their appeal if they want to get back in, the country is getting MORE diverse and MORE developed not less, and although reagan's vision of a shining city on a hill is what Obama ran on, (heh the irony) reagan mark 2 has to reach out to diversity, and urbanites.

It'll be fun to see what happens next. I *want* the republicans to get greener, and meaner and leaner, back to basic principles (fiscal conservatism would be nice) and I think our best days are ahead if they can do that, which I haven't thought for a while now.

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan.

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.
Ronald Reagan

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
Ronald Reagan

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Link to Zogby Poll Results here
Brilliant find

Hm.. That's frightening, but I am sure the lefties can spin this into something reassuring. :rolleyes:

Yup but they wont spin it into something happythis will be a false poll that was devised by those on the right to dissenfranchise voters.

How did Obama get elected?

The Republicans elected and then re-elected the worst POTUS in US history.

Americans punished the party for being so dumb.

End of story.

that is more than half true, but it is also true that the media overblew all the negatives on the mcCain side and virtually ignored them on the Obama side.
But Republicans are supposed to understand the bias and work around it, core Republicans supported McCain primarily because he was going agains Obama not do much because they liked McCain. so the usual Grass Roots channels around mainstream media were not as good as usual.

Everyone, even those who disagree with him politically, say that Obama is brilliant.

Oh my, everyone? That's a little much, isn't it? :lol:

For what it's worth, I believe Obama to be above average intelligence, but there has been absolutely nothing that he has said or that I have personally seen that demonstrates his brilliance or genius. The media telling me that he is brilliant without showing substantive proof, doesn't make it so in my world.

Oh my, everyone? That's a little much, isn't it? :lol:

For what it's worth, I believe Obama to be above average intelligence, but there has been absolutely nothing that he has said or that I have personally seen that demonstrates his brilliance or genius. The media telling me that he is brilliant without showing substantive proof, doesn't make it so in my world.

Your fantasy world?

Obama was head of the Harvard Law Review, wrote two books, got elected to the Illinois house, got elected to the U.S. Senate, and ran the best grassroots campaign for president in the history of the United States.

Yea, I'd say he has above average intelligence.

Your fantasy world?

Obama was head of the Harvard Law Review, wrote two books, got elected to the Illinois house, got elected to the U.S. Senate, and ran the best grassroots campaign for president in the history of the United States.

She's certainly entitled to her opinion. The problem is, she'd have cast a ballot for Sarah Palin.... which pretty much puts any notion of discernment or high standards to rest.

Your fantasy world?

Unfortunately.. none of which you post as evidence truly is evidence of intelligence... do not confuse popularity with intelligence

As stated before.. there is no reason to think he is a stupid man... just no real evidence of anything to quantify people calling him "brilliant"

Your fantasy world?

Isn't that what I said? :cuckoo:

Well, I'm certainly not impressed that he has been a successful politician considering the boobs we have in office. What would be helpful are academic records, papers written, or anything else that would speak to this supposed brilliance that he possesses. Why is he not forthcoming with that information? Would you extend the same benefit of doubt to anyone else? You surely didn't give old Joe the plumber a break, did you.

Forum List

Back