How Obama Got Elected

obama-kool-aid-packet-koolaid-guyana.jpg
lefty_kool-aid_award.gif
080312_obamakoolaid.jpg

obama-kool-aid.jpg

Obama_Koolaid.jpg

How did Obama get elected?

The Republicans elected and then re-elected the worst POTUS in US history.

Americans punished the party for being so dumb.

End of story.

And it wasn't a link to Zogby either. He, as usual, misrepresented it. It was some freaksite called "howobamagotelected.com" which purports to string together unrelated things to make the people who voted look ignorant.

Schmucks. THIS is why they lose elections. People who aren't rightwingnuts, but whose votes they COULD get if they picked someone good, have no patience for that type of stupidity.

How did Obama get elected?

The Republicans elected and then re-elected the worst POTUS in US history.

Americans punished the party for being so dumb.

End of story.

You're right. Now we're stuck with Obama who has little experience and ties to some very questionable characters. I blame the Republicans and Obamabots for getting us into this mess.

You failed to make your point. The point being that people voted for Obama because he was smart and brilliant when obviously there exists evidence to the contrary.

present your evidence to the contrary that Obama is smart. Everyone, even those who disagree with him politically, say that Obama is brilliant.

Those sour grapes must taste good since you cons have been sucking on them for the last two weeks. :lol:

You're right. Now we're stuck with Obama who has little experience and ties to some very questionable characters. I blame the Republicans and Obamabots for getting us into this mess.

and it's a really really big mess,, bawney fwank is on c-span this morning talking with athawaty,,, i puke!

some of em,, dems of course are actually bitching cause "people can't borrow money" :lol:

present your evidence to the contrary that Obama is smart. Everyone, even those who disagree with him politically, say that Obama is brilliant.

Those sour grapes must taste good since you cons have been sucking on them for the last two weeks. :lol:

I would not personally say the guy is brilliant... very few in this world are brilliant... and this guy is no Stephen Fucking Hawking

But I have no doubt he is "smarter than the average bear"

Reagan and Bush bankrupted America.

Time for the adults to run the store now.

No president has run in the black since the 1940's.... No prez can also spend a dime without congressional approval of the budget

You're little splattercast link has been blown out of the water so many times and in so many ways... it is not even funny anymore

But as we see in the healthcare thread and elsewhere... it does not stop you from posting your incredible biased and discredited partisan site links

I base my opinion on the evidence available. Nothing has proven to me that he is brilliant. Since you were so cocksure that he was brilliant, I thought you were privy to some information. But apparently you were talking out of your azz. :tongue:

If Obama won because people were brainwashed, then I wonder if bush used similar tactics?

Were people less brain-washable in 2000 and 2004?

Help me out with this please.

If Obama won because people were brainwashed, then I wonder if bush used similar tactics?

Were people less brain-washable in 2000 and 2004?

Help me out with this please.

Actually.. I fully believe Bush won in 2000, partly due to one of the reason's Obama won this year... a group of people sick of an administration/party that was taking America down a wrong path... and both were due to the turn in the national economy.... granted not all was the Prez's fault, but he is the visible person and it is a big hyped election

In 2004 I think we have a different story... Bush was doing an OK job... having a strong showing on national security... and Kerry was a buffoon... not a hard election to win....

Personally i think Obama won because he ran a tight campaign, leaks were minimal, his decisions were thought through, and he inspired people to see the future with his vision.

These are all good qualities for pres, I don't know about intelligence though a certain amount is necessary, I would think 'very bright' would be sufficient there, but non-ideological would also be important.

Clinton and McCain ran disorganised campaigns that in hindsight look very similar to one another, as though they were scrambling to find the right message, pandering, and imploding and leaking all over the place. Not a reassuring image for POTUS.

Last edited:
Actually.. I fully believe Bush won in 2000, partly due to one of the reason's Obama won this year... a group of people sick of an administration/party that was taking America down a wrong path... and both were due to the turn in the national economy.... granted not all was the Prez's fault, but he is the visible person and it is a big hyped election

In 2004 I think we have a different story... Bush was doing an OK job... having a strong showing on national security... and Kerry was a buffoon... not a hard election to win....

I don't disagree with that, and I am sure there are many factors in it.

I think brainwashing is seen as a valid tactic on either side, just as canvassing and get out the vote and organising and the darker elements of elections - vote suppression - is.

Vote suppression happens from every level to trying to demoralize the opposition to actually disenfranchising as much as possible. I am sure these tactics happen on either side.

FTR I think Bush cheated electronically both times but you probably know that I think that. :)

FTR I think Bush cheated electronically both times but you probably know that I think that. :)

Too many people do... and it is part of the whole BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)...

It is actually amusing that it is Bush being associated with "stealing" an election... when it was the DEMs who were trying underhanded means, especially in FLA in 2000...

Personally... I don't think there was any vote tampering on either side... but I do think that the angry DEMs did try some sneaky stuff on the "voter intent" front when trying to go for recounts in FLA

Too many people do... and it is part of the whole BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)...

It is actually amusing that it is Bush being associated with "stealing" an election... when it was the DEMs who were trying underhanded means, especially in FLA in 2000...

Personally... I don't think there was any vote tampering on either side... but I do think that the angry DEMs did try some sneaky stuff on the "voter intent" front when trying to go for recounts in FLA

It's possible you are right, and I expect our democracy does best when people who suspect foul play are vocal about it. :D Goes for both sides.

Forum List

Back