How Obama Got Elected

I base my opinion on the evidence available. Nothing has proven to me that he is brilliant. Since you were so cocksure that he was brilliant, I thought you were privy to some information. But apparently you were talking out of your azz. :tongue:

He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard, he was the editor of the Harvard Law Review, he was a professor of constitutional law, he beat the shit out of Clinton AND the Republican party...I'd say he's pretty fucking brilliant :tongue:

No president has run in the black since the 1940's.... No prez can also spend a dime without congressional approval of the budget

You're little splattercast link has been blown out of the water so many times and in so many ways... it is not even funny anymore

But as we see in the healthcare thread and elsewhere... it does not stop you from posting your incredible biased and discredited partisan site links

The only discredited link is between your ears.

Reagan and Bush added $9 trillion dollars to the National Debt.

The link I provided leads to the Treasury website.

The only discredited link is between your ears.

Reagan and Bush added $9 trillion dollars to the National Debt.

The link I provided leads to the Treasury website.

And then attempts to alter the numbers with faulty logic and calculations...

Nice try... but you've had your little link discredited many times on this board... yet you continue to post it from your little biased partisan org site

And then attempts to alter the numbers with faulty logic and calculations...

Nice try... but you've had your little link discredited many times on this board... yet you continue to post it from your little biased partisan org site

Right...

You know lying about something doesn't make it true. Prove me wrong with links. Here are the links to the Treasury websites....

ReaganBushDebt.org Calculation Details

Here's a graph of the National Debt as a percentage of GDP...

National-Debt-GDP.gif

Awwwwwwwwww.... looky looky... push polling against the president-elect?

what retards.... this pretty much finishes off Zogby. Knew something was weird there pre-election.

Zogby Engages in Apparent Push Polling for Right-Wing Website
The conservative website HowObamaGotElected.com reports that it has commissioned Zogby International to conduct a poll of 512 Barack Obama voters as part of what can best be described as a viral marketing effort to discredit the intelligence of Obama supporters.

The website, created by former radio talk show host John Ziegler to promote a forthcoming documentary, features a YouTube clip of interviews with 12 Obama voters who "were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience". The clip portrays the Obama supporters as giving "incorrect" answers to political questions such as "which candidate said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket". Of the 12 Obama supporters interviewed for the clip, 7 (58%) are black; nationwide, about 23% of Obama supporters were black according to the national exit poll.

In connection with the YouTube clip, Ziegler describes that he "also commissioned a Zogby telephone poll which asked the very same questions (as well as a few others) with similarly amazing results." Partial results of the survey from among 512 Obama voters are reported on the website. It is not clear if voters for non-Obama candidates were screened out by the survey, or Ziegler has chosen not to report their results.

Most of the questions on the survey take the form of a multiple choice political knowledge test, stating a "fact" to the respondent and asking them which of the four major candidates (Obama, McCain, Biden, Palin) the statement applies to. Questions include the following:

"Which of the four [candidates] said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket?"

"Which of the four [candidates] started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground?"

"Which of the four [candidates] quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism?"

"Which of the four [candidates] won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot?"

As should be obvious, the veracity of several of these claims is -- at best -- debatable, yet they are apparently represented as factual to the respondent. It is not clear whether the respondent is informed of the "correct" response after having had the question posed to him.

Not all of the items in the poll are intended to apply to Obama or Biden. Several apply to Sarah Palin, although the items about Palin, while probably unflattering ("which of the four [candidates] has a pregnant teenage daughter?") are nevertheless apparently true. The exception is a "twist" question about Palin in which the respondent is asked "which candidate said that they can see Russia from their house?". Ziegler claims in the video that none of the four answers is correct because the statement was made by Tina Fay rather than Sarah Palin. (In her interview with Charlie Gibson, Palin said that "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska", not that she can see Russia from her house.)

To my mind, this survey meets the definition of a "push poll", which the Random House Dictionary defines as "a seemingly unbiased telephone survey that is actually conducted by supporters of a particular candidate and disseminates negative information about an opponent." That (i) several of the items on the survey contain information which, in addition to being negative, is arguably also untrue; (ii) Ziegler brags that the survey includes a trick question to which no correct answer can be provided, and that (iii) apparently only Obama voters were targeted by the survey (although this is not 100 percent clear), also inform my opinion that the survey can fairly be described as a "push poll".

In an item on his personal website dated today, 11/18, Ziegler claims that Zogby will officially release the results of the survey tomorrow. Ziegler also appeared on Fox's Hannity & Colmes news program yesterday (11/17) to promote his documentary, on which clips from the YouTube video were shown.

Why Zogby International has decided to accept this client and conduct a survey in this fashion is not clear. I would hope, however, that any and all clients that need legitimate polling work conducted would take their business elsewhere. These clients include C-SPAN and Reuters, two organizations with longstanding and well-deserved reputations for accuracy and neutrality; contact information for C-SPAN and Reuters can be found at their respective webpages.

FiveThirtyEight.com: Politics Done Right

Seems Obama people can't take even the slightest bit of criticism without getting their panties in a knot. Hopefully our new President's skin will be a bit thicker than his followers.

From Zogby:

"We stand by the results our survey work on behalf of John Ziegler, as we stand by all of our work. We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. It was a legitimate effort to test the knowledge of voters who cast ballots for Barack Obama in the Nov. 4 election. Push polls are a malicious effort to sway public opinion one way or the other, while message and knowledge testing is quite another effort of public opinion research that is legitimate inquiry and has value in the public square. In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election. The client is free to draw his own conclusions about the research, as are bloggers and other members of society. But Zogby International is a neutral party in this matter. We were hired to test public opinion on a particular subject and with no ax to grind, that's exactly what we did. We don't have to agree or disagree with the questions, we simply ask them and provide the client with a fair and accurate set of data reflecting public opinion." - John Zogby

Just 2% of voters who supported Barack Obama on Election Day obtained perfect or near-perfect scores on a post election test which gauged their knowledge of statements and scandals associated with the presidential tickets during the campaign, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

Link here

Sorry, dude, you got found out... push pollin' the president elect.
RAFLMAO...

Damn, you're even more pathetic now than you were before the election.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/64439-how-obama-got-elected-4.html#post903273

you need to sit back, grab a cup of chamomile tea to calm you and keep reminding yourself

365 electoral votes... 365 electoral votes.

You might be more credible if you actually wait til you've disagreed with something he does.

But nah... why would the rightwingnuts do that.

nothing frightening at all. I bet if you did the same thing to random McCain supporters they wouldn't know shit either. Most people don't have a fucking clue who is in Congress or who controlls Congress. Not everyone is a political junkie like the people on this board.
How do you then explain that 82% of them said Palin spent $150,000 on clothes?

Sorry, dude, you got found out... push pollin' the president elect.
RAFLMAO...

Damn, you're even more pathetic now than you were before the election.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/64439-how-obama-got-elected-4.html#post903273

you need to sit back, grab a cup of chamomile tea to calm you and keep reminding yourself

365 electoral votes... 365 electoral votes.

You might be more credible if you actually wait til you've disagreed with something he does.

But nah... why would the rightwingnuts do that.
Which Obamite were you?

How do you then explain that 82% of them said Palin spent $150,000 on clothes?

Yeah that's a good question. I guess you could chalk it up to the questions asked about Obama regarding where he supposedly started his career, how he won his first election and the remark about coal industry weren't recent news stories or relevant to the election according to the national polls.

I guess it could also be that it's easier to retain negative information about the party in power when their approval rating is so low. :eusa_whistle:

I think it's hysterical that you all think it matters how smart the Obama voters are.

Do you consider the McCain/Palin supporters vastly more knowledgeable? I mean seriously, how many of them still believe Obama is a muslim? :cuckoo:

All that matters is that Obama won the election. It's over. Stop crying about it. maybe next time your party can appeal to the truly uninformed... just like in 2000 and 2004. :lol:

Yeah that's a good question. I guess you could chalk it up to the questions asked about Obama regarding where he supposedly started his career, how he won his first election and the remark about coal industry weren't recent news stories or relevant to the election according to the national polls.

I guess it could also be that it's easier to retain negative information about the party in power when their approval rating is so low. :eusa_whistle:

I think it's hysterical that you all think it matters how smart the Obama voters are.

Do you consider the McCain/Palin supporters vastly more knowledgeable? I mean seriously, how many of them still believe Obama is a muslim? :cuckoo:

All that matters is that Obama won the election. It's over. Stop crying about it. maybe next time your party can appeal to the truly uninformed... just like in 2000 and 2004. :lol:

Actually, it should matter how smart all voters are. There should be a 3-5 question quiz regarding your knowledge of your chosen party, and what it stands for, as well as what the key issues are that you're required to take prior to being able to vote. If you miss even 1 question, you don't get to vote, period.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know shit about what they're voting for.

we will,, maybe some day four years from now! not now though, we are gonna whine and bitch a blue streak,, just like youse guys did for 8 solid unremitting years.

Actually, it should matter how smart all voters are. There should be a 3-5 question quiz regarding your knowledge of your chosen party, and what it stands for, as well as what the key issues are that you're required to take prior to being able to vote. If you miss even 1 question, you don't get to vote, period.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know shit about what they're voting for.

My vote goes to the highest bidder. Whoever gives me the most hand-outs gets my vote. :cool:

Forum List

Back