How Much Should Americans Be Taxed To Reduce The Effects Of Summer & Winter?

Sacrifices will need to be made to prevent long term consequences

Denial is not a solution

What long term consequences? ... believing in hypercanes and hockey sticks is anti-science ... show us "climate catastrophes" when temperatures were twice what the IPCC is predicting ...

How would you characterize global temperatures from 1940-1980? .. WWII and the rebuilding effort afterwards ... and why do you think this is correlated to CO2 levels? ... fewer humans die because of extreme weather today than before ...

What long term consequences? ... believing in hypercanes and hockey sticks is anti-science ... show us "climate catastrophes" when temperatures were twice what the IPCC is predicting ...

How would you characterize global temperatures from 1940-1980? .. WWII and the rebuilding effort afterwards ... and why do you think this is correlated to CO2 levels? ... fewer humans die because of extreme weather today than before ...

Another example of denial

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the concept of a global climate?
/---/ We struggle with how to explain it to you knuckleheads that the climate is always changing, no matter how much you raise taxes and take away our liberties. But it's an uphill battle.
iu

Another example of denial

You speak of long term consequences ... I'm just asking what consequences those might be ... or are you afraid to have these claims measured against science? ... hypercanes are physically impossible in Earth's atmosphere ... Category 5 is the frictional limit as to how strong a tropical cyclone can get ...

I agree the Earth is warming ... and I agree man-kind contributes to this effect ... but I don't see where this is a problem, compared to, say, concrete buildings falling down all over Florida ... c'mon, one guy with one shovel can protect Houston from sea level rise in a lousy twenty years ... 1/8 inch per year isn't catastrophic ...

You speak of long term consequences ... I'm just asking what consequences those might be ... or are you afraid to have these claims measured against science? ... hypercanes are physically impossible in Earth's atmosphere ... Category 5 is the frictional limit as to how strong a tropical cyclone can get ...

I agree the Earth is warming ... and I agree man-kind contributes to this effect ... but I don't see where this is a problem, compared to, say, concrete buildings falling down all over Florida ... c'mon, one guy with one shovel can protect Houston from sea level rise in a lousy twenty years ... 1/8 inch per year isn't catastrophic ...
Rising temperatures bring more than just flooding of coastal areas.
They bring more frequent and severe hurricanes, forest fires, drought, famine….

Rising temperatures bring more than just flooding of coastal areas.
They bring more frequent and severe hurricanes, forest fires, drought, famine….

Hurricane experts say there's not enough data to suggest any changes to hurricane frequency and severity ... it's from satellites that we measure this, and so that's only 50 years ...

The data is available on Wikipedia ... crunch the numbers yourself and show us where frequency and severity are changing ... I think you'll find these values are too chaotic to tease out a trend ...

Hurricane experts say there's not enough data to suggest any changes to hurricane frequency and severity ... it's from satellites that we measure this, and so that's only 50 years ...

The data is available on Wikipedia ... crunch the numbers yourself and show us where frequency and severity are changing ... I think you'll find these values are too chaotic to tease out a trend ...

NATS_frequency.gif

VSS08-Figure-WMO_new_ab.png

entry-cm_793-image.jpg

Emmanuel_2007_hurricane.gif

How much are you paying for AC now?

How much do you want to pay in the future as we get hotter because of your willful stupidity?
We won't be paying anymore except for costs imposed by global warming kooks.

NATS_frequency.gif

entry-cm_793-image.jpg

Hurricanes are not getting stronger:

iu

NATS_frequency.gif

entry-cm_793-image.jpg

Seems like an argument of desperation to me.

Forum List

Back