How Much Should Americans Be Taxed To Reduce The Effects Of Summer & Winter?

Back in the day we could usually get seven or sometimes eight adults into one of those gas guzzlers that got 12-15 mpg if we drove efficiently. Now that many adults have to take at least two automobiles to get to the same place. I wonder how much it helps the planet to drive two fuel efficient cars to the party than it did to drive one gas guzzler?
To be clear, my car is a Mercury Grand Marquis that is rated at 17 city/25 mpg highway, a gas guzzler by today's standards.

What's the CO2 level that guarantees an end to "drought and flooding"?

Is CO2 like thalidomide, is there a left handed version for droughts and righthanded for floods?
Never mind CO2, let's work on cooling the planet down a bit. We can deal with greenhouse gases later.

Never mind CO2, let's work on cooling the planet down a bit. We can deal with greenhouse gases later.
What are you and I going to do today to cool the planet down? Pay higher taxes or make a little fan out of paper and wave it around?

iu

Seriously how do you propose we do that? And are you saying that CO2 isn't what is making the planet warmer?
As long as CO2 levels are so controversial let's put it on the table for now.

In the short-term providing some shade from the hot sun is needed. Even animals seek the shade on hot days. Sadly, between Bill Gates and Biden the idea of releasing reflective material into the atmosphere has been sabotaged. It's a very good idea that should be explored.

Reflection of sunlight from earth's surface and sequestration of the sun's energy can also be enhanced.

Last edited:
As long as CO2 levels are so controversial let's put it on the table for now.

In the short-term providing some shade from the hot sun is needed. Even animals seek the shade on hot days. Sadly, between Bill Gates and Biden the idea of releasing reflective material into the atmosphere has been sabotaged. It's a very good idea that should be explored.

Reflection of sunlight and sequestration of the sun's energy can also be enhanced.
So far all human efforts to cool or alter the climate in any way have been mostly inconclusive if not ineffective and so far have had far more negative effect than positive. I am pretty sure any effort to block the sun will not have any better results and could be disastrous. I guess we could detonate all the world's nuclear weapons. that would probably do it.

Last edited:
So far all human efforts to cool or alter the climate in any way have been mostly inconclusive if not ineffective and so far have had far more negative effect than positive. I am pretty sure any effort to block the sun will not have any better results and could be disastrous. I guess we could detonate all the world's nuclear weapons. that would probably do it.
So far little has been done on an effective scale. It must be a global effort.

So far little has been done on an effective scale. It must be a global effort.
I don't want anybody, most especially incompetent and/or self-serving governments--our own would head the list--doing any kind of experimenting like that because in my gut and heart, I know how badly that could end. And my opinion on that is shared by many scientists.

If governments spent a fraction of the time working on helping people adapt effectively to inevitable climate change as they do trying to control the weather, I think the world would be far better off. One example: if all the trillions spent on climate change had been devoted to converting ocean water to potable water for human consumption and watering crops, we would likely have eliminated most water shortages by now.

I don't want anybody, most especially incompetent and/or self-serving governments--our own would head the list--doing any kind of experimenting like that because in my gut and heart, I know how badly that could end. And my opinion on that is shared by many scientists.
I don't see how we could make the climate any worse than it is now.

Isn't desalinization of seawater for drinking and irrigation thwarting the natural process of drought?

I don't see how we could make the climate any worse than it is now.

Isn't desalinization of seawater for drinking and irrigation thwarting the natural process of drought?

No more than heating and air conditioning thwarts the effect of natural climate.

Many people are surviving just fine in the hottest climates on Earth. No honorable anthropologist will testify that people thrive much more in warmer climates than in cold ones. But people cannot survive without water, without food.

Three percent of the water on Earth is potable and that is unlikely to change much regardless of the climate. We have surpassed 8 billion people on Earth and the human population continues to increase. Using technology to increase usable water for consumption and growing food crops only makes sense.

No more than heating and air conditioning thwarts the effect of natural climate.

Many people are surviving just fine in the hottest climates on Earth. No honorable anthropologist will testify that people thrive much more in warmer climates than in cold ones. But people cannot survive without water, without food.

Three percent of the water on Earth is potable and that is unlikely to change much regardless of the climate. We have surpassed 8 billion people on Earth and the human population continues to increase. Using technology to increase usable water for consumption and growing food crops only makes sense.
I think it makes more sense to reduce earth's human population. We'll still have the economic pyramid, but the poorer levels will be reduced. Each person will enjoy more without increasing the damage to the earth.

I think it makes more sense to reduce earth's human population. We'll still have the economic pyramid, but the poorer levels will be reduced. Each person will enjoy more without increasing the damage to the earth.
Okay. Just how do you propose to do that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back