How Much Should Americans Be Taxed To Reduce The Effects Of Summer & Winter?

If I accept a recent job offer ... I will be able to afford it.
My 2013 Tundra had a sticker price of $29900 when I bought it. They discounted it down to $26,300.

The value of it now is $25,000. The equivalent truck on the lot now would have a sticker price of $50K.

I can't believe the price of vehicles now. Potatohead's inflation has really screwed us.

Good luck with your job offer.

My 2013 Tundra had a sticker price of $29900 when I bought it. They discounted it down to $26,300.

The value of it now is $25,000. The equivalent truck on the lot now would have a sticker price of $50K.

I can't believe the price of vehicles now. Potatohead's inflation has really screwed us.

Good luck with your job offer.
I'm still driving my 2003 Silverado. It was around $26,000.00 at the time with the bells and whistles. It only has 133,000 miles and is still a good truck. Probably only worth $6000.00 today but I'm not positive.

I wish. But even after you invest in insulation, solar panels, a windmill, and crickets for dinner ... they're still going to raise your taxes. But the good news is that Gore and Kerry can still afford their private jets.
My increasing income greatly outpaces my costs, including taxes. :)

How much are you paying for AC now?

How much do you want to pay in the future as we get hotter because of your willful stupidity?
Our electric bill goes up about $20 to $30 due to our A/C in the summer months. I doubt we would see much difference if the Earth was 2 or 3 degrees warmer. And would you believe we also pay more for natural gas in the winter? Amazing how that works.

Our electric bill goes up about $20 to $30 due to our A/C in the summer months. I doubt we would see much difference if the Earth was 2 or 3 degrees warmer. And would you believe we also pay more for natural gas in the winter? Amazing how that works.
Cooling is a lot cheaper than heating, and is really a bargain for the comfort it provides.

Cooling is a lot cheaper than heating, and is really a bargain for the comfort it provides.
Especially for us who can use evaporative coolers effectively as opposed to much more expensive refrigerated air. But since we live in a pretty temperate climate--our winters don't get really really cold for long periods like many areas do--our heating bills are manageable too.

Last edited:
Plenty of people trying but you already know that. Ever hear of Obama's “carbon tax” scheme? Sanders, Kerry, AOC, Gore, and many more have endorsed the idea of carbon taxes.
Not only did they want to impose a carbon tax but those who didn't use as much fuel could trade or sell their carbon allotment to others. A brilliant get rich quick schemes for a scheming few at the expense of the rest of us who would pay significantly more for just about everything. And would have reduced carbon emissions not at all. Fortunately we had a strong enough Republican representation in Congress to nix it.

I have what is now considered a gas guzzler, but I hardly ever drive it. It just sits there, gathering dust and bird shit.
Back in the day we could usually get seven or sometimes eight adults into one of those gas guzzlers that got 12-15 mpg if we drove efficiently. Now that many adults have to take at least two automobiles to get to the same place. I wonder how much it helps the planet to drive two fuel efficient cars to the party than it did to drive one gas guzzler?

And yet inflation is killing us.

But if emissions dropped by 5% why is everyone complaining about the heat wave we're experiencing? What you're saying is that lowering emissions has no effect on the climate.
What inflation?

dude, you are the weakest link. Have we move off the 420PPM yet?

Not only did they want to impose a carbon tax but those who didn't use as much fuel could trade or sell their carbon allotment to others. A brilliant get rich quick schemes for a scheming few at the expense of the rest of us who would pay significantly more for just about everything. And would have reduced carbon emissions not at all. Fortunately we had a strong enough Republican representation in Congress to nix it.
Yeah, now we all know who to blame for climate change.

Roll that coal fuckups.

Sure, how is the texas power grid currently doing with climate change.

How long does the AC run at 110 degrees outside for months.

I was just asking myself how high taxes should be exacted on the working class as a means to fix heat in summer and cold in winter. Have any experts out there done the math? If our taxes are raised by 50% will summer get cooler and winter get warmer? And using that logic, wouldn't we return to Eden-like conditions if we're taxed 100%? Life should be just about perfect when we no longer have any money! Right?

I'm just curious to know who tax hikes will fix all of this scary "climate change" and stuff.
Into abject slavery is the plan. Everbody has to buy at the Company Store and The Company Store is everywhere.

Oh yeah, and 200+ years of Western Civilization gets undone.

Into abject slavery is the plan. Everbody has to buy at the Company Store and The Company Store is everywhere.

Oh yeah, and 200+ years of Western Civilization gets undone.
You mean white dominated culture

Forum List

Back