How much does your cigarette habit cost you in $ ??

I think my cigarette habit has probably cost me about... $25. If I had bought them all myself then maybe $100. They only taste good after smoking pot anyway and I hardly ever do that.

Ugh, you just killed it for me. Smoking is the biggest turnoff.

Alas, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. :lol:

Are you sure you read it right tho? I've spent maybe $25 in my entire life on smokes. That's a 2 week supply for some people I know.

If you begin smoking today, and continue for the next 50 years, it will probably cost you around $500,000 at today's value. You need to add in the cost of the cigarettes, higher insurance premiums, potential missed work due to illness caused by smoking, as well as how much you could have earned on investments with that same money.

If you begin smoking today, and continue for the next 50 years, it will probably cost you around $500,000 at today's value. You need to add in the cost of the cigarettes, higher insurance premiums, potential missed work due to illness caused by smoking, as well as how much you could have earned on investments with that same money.

Okay ... aside from the rest which may be true in some areas, sick days? Really? Before smoking I lost more days from work than after starting. I missed ZERO, yes zero days of work while smoking for illness. Worked a lot of non-smokers shifts to, they would get colds and flus a lot. Also, never had a flu shot in my life.

I'm kinda going backwards to like Amanda ... kinda I say because I started with cigs, then went to coffee. Just wish the two weren't such polar opposites so I can replace cigs WITH the coffee.

Cigs and coffee are opposites? :confused:

Their effects. Coffee makes you more alert and hyper while nicotine calms you.

Cigs made me lazy, coffee makes me want to take a nap unless I have it first thing in the morning, alcohol keeps me awake if I drink it after 8 pm. Ritalin would probably have an effect on me opposite to what it does to the hyperactive and make me a dynamo. :lol:

Cigs and coffee are opposites? :confused:

Cigs made me lazy, coffee makes me want to take a nap unless I have it first thing in the morning, alcohol keeps me awake if I drink it after 8 pm. Ritalin would probably have an effect on me opposite to what it does to the hyperactive and make me a dynamo. :lol:

Everyone is effected by each drug differently, though not usually that differently it does happen. I can't take arthritis medication, instead of helping with the arthritis I have in my knees (genetic, another parting gift from my mother) it makes me sick.

Bah! So will living, breathing, eating, walking, seeing ...

I will quit once I don't have to deal with humans in person ... ever. Really though, I spend $30 a month on average, and I smoke a pack a day to.

Oh BOLOGNA KK... breathing and eating are two things NEED to do to STAY ALIVE.

I did smoke years ago. But I was always a light smoker. A pack would last me almost a week. I never did like the smell, and I didn't like how it effected my lungs even less. I'm an athletic person, and I will not willfully do something habitual that I know is going to fuck up my well being.

Hmm ... breathing in downtown Seattle is something many people complain about, and our doctors here say our air is killing us ... well not the air, just what we're putting in it regularly. Those with the worst lung problems don't smoke here ... so yeah, breathing can kill you in the right environment. Food ... really ... do you know how many chemicals (ones proven deadly) are in our food, especially quick prep meals like in ALL eateries? Then if those don't get you the fat content will, then there's cholesterol, and don't forget the sugar. Oh, and tack on cleaning to that list to. I can't go outside without smoking at least once per hour, or I start gagging every time a car goes by.

Still, it's not the act of breathing that will kill you, it's what you breath, and it's not eating that will kill you, it's what you eat. I already knew that, but if you don't eat or breath, you're dead meat in a matter of minutes... you knew that.

Were arguing over little stuff... :doubt:

Oh BOLOGNA KK... breathing and eating are two things NEED to do to STAY ALIVE.

I did smoke years ago. But I was always a light smoker. A pack would last me almost a week. I never did like the smell, and I didn't like how it effected my lungs even less. I'm an athletic person, and I will not willfully do something habitual that I know is going to fuck up my well being.

Hmm ... breathing in downtown Seattle is something many people complain about, and our doctors here say our air is killing us ... well not the air, just what we're putting in it regularly. Those with the worst lung problems don't smoke here ... so yeah, breathing can kill you in the right environment. Food ... really ... do you know how many chemicals (ones proven deadly) are in our food, especially quick prep meals like in ALL eateries? Then if those don't get you the fat content will, then there's cholesterol, and don't forget the sugar. Oh, and tack on cleaning to that list to. I can't go outside without smoking at least once per hour, or I start gagging every time a car goes by.

Still, it's not the act of breathing that will kill you, it's what you breath, and it's not eating that will kill you, it's what you eat. I already knew that, but if you don't eat or breath, you're dead meat in a matter of minutes... you knew that.

Were arguing over little stuff... :doubt:

Meh, still it was fun, admit it, like "Ring Around the Rosies", goes nowhere but sometimes it's good inane fun.

Everyone is effected by each drug differently, though not usually that differently it does happen. I can't take arthritis medication, instead of helping with the arthritis I have in my knees (genetic, another parting gift from my mother) it makes me sick.

Speaking of knees and drugs, I had intravenous Valium during an arthroscopy on my knee and another time for a different operation. One of the anesthesiologist told me I was going to feel very happy. Both times I felt almost suicidal! Nasty stuff. Morphine was a let down too. Though it did kill the pain and make me fell cozy and safe. I was expecting I'd be composing poetry to rival Baudelaire's.

Too bad about your arthritis.

My neighbor who just started back smoking again till her husband moves out of the house just told me a pack of cigarettes costs $7 now.

!!! :eek: !!!

That's a lot of money!!

I wonder how much people figure they spend in a month, in a year, on cigarettes?

If I can talk you out of a pack of smokes, even just one singlw smoke, will you deposit the cash equivalent in my Pay Pal account?

Think I could earn a living at this?

$7 and going up! I remember one the reasons I quick smoking weed back around the millennium was partly because of the cost. Shit cigarettes are a more expensive habit than weed go figure!

My neighbor who just started back smoking again till her husband moves out of the house just told me a pack of cigarettes costs $7 now.

!!! :eek: !!!

That's a lot of money!!

I wonder how much people figure they spend in a month, in a year, on cigarettes?

If I can talk you out of a pack of smokes, even just one singlw smoke, will you deposit the cash equivalent in my Pay Pal account?

Think I could earn a living at this?

$7 and going up! I remember one the reasons I quick smoking weed back around the millennium was partly because of the cost. Shit cigarettes are a more expensive habit than weed go figure!
Even if you smoked a pack of doobies a day? What does pot cost these days?

Speaking of knees and drugs, I had intravenous Valium during an arthroscopy on my knee and another time for a different operation. One of the anesthesiologist told me I was going to feel very happy. Both times I felt almost suicidal! Nasty stuff. Morphine was a let down too. Though it did kill the pain and make me fell cozy and safe. I was expecting I'd be composing poetry to rival Baudelaire's.

Too bad about your arthritis.

As much as I hate pain, I also hate drugs ... really (in spite of smoking, but then I call myself an addict). Just decided that since the drugs really don't help I'll have to learn to live with the pain, luckily I just have to avoid putting a lot of stress on my knees, but if it progresses then ... someone please shoot me, the alternatives are no better.

Forum List

Back