How much does your cigarette habit cost you in $ ??

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
My neighbor who just started back smoking again till her husband moves out of the house just told me a pack of cigarettes costs $7 now.

!!! :eek: !!!

That's a lot of money!!

I wonder how much people figure they spend in a month, in a year, on cigarettes?

If I can talk you out of a pack of smokes, even just one singlw smoke, will you deposit the cash equivalent in my Pay Pal account?

Think I could earn a living at this?

Let's hope your neighbor stays at least a block away from you while she's smoking! :eek:

Don't smoke... quit years ago. It'll kill ya, ya know.

Bah! So will living, breathing, eating, walking, seeing ...

I will quit once I don't have to deal with humans in person ... ever. Really though, I spend $30 a month on average, and I smoke a pack a day to.

I will quit once I don't have to deal with humans in person ... ever. Really though, I spend $30 a month on average, and I smoke a pack a day to.

Oh BOLOGNA KK... breathing and eating are two things you NEED to do to STAY ALIVE.

I did smoke years ago. But I was always a light smoker. A pack would last me almost a week. I never did like the smell, and I didn't like how it effected my lungs either. I'm an athletic person, and I will not willfully do something habitual that I know is going to fuck up my well being.

Last edited:

Oh BOLOGNA KK... breathing and eating are two things NEED to do to STAY ALIVE.

I did smoke years ago. But I was always a light smoker. A pack would last me almost a week. I never did like the smell, and I didn't like how it effected my lungs even less. I'm an athletic person, and I will not willfully do something habitual that I know is going to fuck up my well being.

Hmm ... breathing in downtown Seattle is something many people complain about, and our doctors here say our air is killing us ... well not the air, just what we're putting in it regularly. Those with the worst lung problems don't smoke here ... so yeah, breathing can kill you in the right environment. Food ... really ... do you know how many chemicals (ones proven deadly) are in our food, especially quick prep meals like in ALL eateries? Then if those don't get you the fat content will, then there's cholesterol, and don't forget the sugar. Oh, and tack on cleaning to that list to. I can't go outside without smoking at least once per hour, or I start gagging every time a car goes by.

I found this commentary amusing:

Dear Florida Legislator: I am writing this open letter in hopes that you and your colleagues will take the time to finally acknowledge the forgotten heroes of the state budget process: Florida smokers.

Where would we be without cigarette money?

Admit it, you're all addicted, whether it's in the tax-per-pack form or as Big Tobacco lawsuit booty. It's the smoke in your annual smoke-and-mirrors routine of money shuffling.

But have you ever taken the time to thank all the little people out there, the sooty-lunged patriots among us - many of them poor - who are literally paying with their lives to keep our leaking ship of state afloat?

I'm not asking for much recognition. I don't expect a whole week. But would it kill you to proclaim a Smoker Appreciation Day in Florida?

Send thank-you to smokers for cigarette money

You can buy a pack of smokes for $1. ?
On the reservation maybe! Luckly I live near Idaho and my dad has to go there for work so I get them hell of a lot cheaper than in washington! I also don't smoke as much now that I have child, for one don't smoke inside and it is freezing right now so I don't smoke as much. I say about 50 bucks a month!

On the reservation maybe! Luckly I live near Idaho and my dad has to go there for work so I get them hell of a lot cheaper than in washington! I also don't smoke as much now that I have child, for one don't smoke inside and it is freezing right now so I don't smoke as much. I say about 50 bucks a month!

Nope ... roll your own. I smoke because I am addicted, I don't care what they taste like or look like. Buy cotton filters and tobacco with a bunch of papers ... and ta-da! Smokes for $30 a month.

Nope ... roll your own. I smoke because I am addicted, I don't care what they taste like or look like. Buy cotton filters and tobacco with a bunch of papers ... and ta-da! Smokes for $30 a month.
I tried that stuff before, way to harsh for me! Plus I cut back from Reds to lights, so I really can't smoke that anymore!

I buy a box of Punch Maduro Elites a month, 65 bucks. I usually smoke them while driving to and from work(1/3 each way). Nice, densely packed little cigars. I also go through maybe 5 dollars worth of pipe tobacco a month, it really makes the house smell good.

Prices are going up next week and Osama's administration is imposing a 50 cent increase tax per stick, that will ad 12.50 per box!!!!!! I will probably start ordering from the mail order tobacco houses, my local dealer will suffer. I'm insulted that this extra money is going to children's health care...... I don't have kids or want them, why do I have to pay for something their parents should be providing........ health care is part of the deal with having kids isn't it? I don't get veterinary care paid for by the government and I don't think I should, it's my responsibility for choosing to keep pets.

I tried that stuff before, way to harsh for me! Plus I cut back from Reds to lights, so I really can't smoke that anymore!

I buy the cheap-o stuff, it's lighter than the higher end brands (funny, you pay less when they use a lot of filler). I can't touch anything that has too much tobacco in it, like Camels or for rollies Tops. Either one of those no named labels or Midnight Special, it's actually only about 50% tobacco and a ton of grass (I exaggerate but it seems like it). Then the all cotton filters and it's like smoking lights. As I said, I am addicted, I don't like being addicted (I avoid almost all medication for that reason), so I don't care where I get it from, as long as it's smokable. Eventually I will be able to ween myself off the nicotine by starting to mix in more filler myself making them lighter and lighter (as soon as I figure out the best way to do it without gagging). Once the addiction is gone, the habit will be easy to conquer.

Side note: Calling it "quitting" actually makes it harder, I call it conquering.

nc is the home of ciggies: all prices include taxes

eagles 19.75 a carton...2.50 a pack

then you have cherokee, tuson and tahoes...2.50 a pack...22.50 a carton

camels are 3.75 a pack 32.00 a carton...now camel runs a lot of bogo specials 2 packs for 5.00

vantage runs 4.25 a pack and i think about 36.00 a carton

winstons are 4.00 a pack and 37.00 a carton but the 9.00 buy down brings it back to 28.00 a carton.

tops run 1.50 a pack...so does bugler...prince albert is 2.00

american spirit the organic ciggies...run 4.00 a pack or pouch...32.00 a carton

for some reason...non filtered ciggies tend to be more expensive across the board

you have so many brands now...basic, grand a whole lot of odd brands it is hard to stock them all

o and get this ...in nc...for decades the ciggie companies gave the prisions free ciggies or ciggies at a reduced rate....dorals were considered the shit by the cons...so in nc if you smoke dorals..the first thing most clerks think...is that you have done time...a bit of trivia

o and get this ...in nc...for decades the ciggie companies gave the prisions free ciggies or ciggies at a reduced rate....dorals were considered the shit by the cons...so in nc if you smoke dorals..the first thing most clerks think...is that you have done time...a bit of trivia
Interesting and I am glad I don't know anyone who smokes dorals!

Indiana (a red state by the way since someone mentioned politics and the taxing of cigs) just increased their ciggy tax from .65 cents a pact to $1.27 a pack to help pay for a program for uninsured children.

Good for them!

Forum List

Back