How much does your cigarette habit cost you in $ ??

o and get this ...in nc...for decades the ciggie companies gave the prisions free ciggies or ciggies at a reduced rate....dorals were considered the shit by the cons...so in nc if you smoke dorals..the first thing most clerks think...is that you have done time...a bit of trivia

That is hilarious bones!

My dad smoked Dorals at one time, and he was the straightest, right winger there ever was! HA! My dad doing time,,,he had a great sense of humor, he would have thought that was funny if someone asked him about it. He probably would have made up some big ole' funny story about doing 'time' in the slammer! :)

Cigarettes were big years ago in the service, they came in C rations, usually Pall Mall, and they were like 20 cents on base. Wonder how the military has adjusted? I quit eons ago and thought I would never get over it but eventually have and have no desire today.

Much more than my hemp cost me, every month,

Now, think about that for a moment, next time you advocate for legalizing and taxing hemp, in order to get it decriminalized, folks.

A illegal essantially harmless drug, one that has about 500,000 in prison this morning, still cost less on the black market than a legal addictive killer drug which one can purchase just about anywhere in America.

This nation, when it comes to legislating morality, is freakin' nuts, folks.

I found this commentary amusing:

Dear Florida Legislator: I am writing this open letter in hopes that you and your colleagues will take the time to finally acknowledge the forgotten heroes of the state budget process: Florida smokers.

Where would we be without cigarette money?

Admit it, you're all addicted, whether it's in the tax-per-pack form or as Big Tobacco lawsuit booty. It's the smoke in your annual smoke-and-mirrors routine of money shuffling.

But have you ever taken the time to thank all the little people out there, the sooty-lunged patriots among us - many of them poor - who are literally paying with their lives to keep our leaking ship of state afloat?

I'm not asking for much recognition. I don't expect a whole week. But would it kill you to proclaim a Smoker Appreciation Day in Florida?

Send thank-you to smokers for cigarette money

LOL! Hey! Butt out, (NPI) I'm serious about people sending me their smoke allowance instead. Screw Florida!!! :lol:

I think my cigarette habit has probably cost me about... $25. If I had bought them all myself then maybe $100. They only taste good after smoking pot anyway and I hardly ever do that.

Side note: Calling it "quitting" actually makes it harder, I call it conquering.

That's a good way to put it. I think that's what I was feeling when I quit/conquered. The one thing that was hard to face was was the thought of never ever smoking again so I quit/conquered on Leap Year Day. I promised myself I could smoke all I wanted every Leap Year Day from then on. Delaying a smoke was much easier than saying never again.
4 years later on Leap Year Day I remembered It was my smoking day and bummed a cig of a Harvard kid. It was awful. I couldn't finish it. That was the last one.
Nowadays, I can still remember how good they tasted in the beginning, once I had gotten used to them, but it had become a memory very early on. I think I smoked for 3 more years after I first became addicted hoping to re-experience the satisfaction of a good cigarette but never did. That last one years ago finally cured me of any hope of enjoying them again. Maybe it was all an illusion. Maybe I never did enjoy them.

Much more than my hemp cost me, every month,

Now, think about that for a moment, next time you advocate for legalizing and taxing hemp, in order to get it decriminalized, folks.

A illegal essantially harmless drug, one that has about 500,000 in prison this morning, still cost less on the black market than a legal addictive killer drug which one can purchase just about anywhere in America.

This nation, when it comes to legislating morality, is freakin' nuts, folks.

I would love to see the tobacco fields planted with hemp.
I'd buy it if it was a domestic product.

I think my cigarette habit has probably cost me about... $25. If I had bought them all myself then maybe $100. They only taste good after smoking pot anyway and I hardly ever do that.

Sounds like pot was a gateway drug for you to the legal stuff. :lol:

Does? None. Did? .73 cents a day when I started, $4.75 a day when I stopped.

it was my gateway, I got arrested on possesion and if you have a lighter with no cigs they can get you on parphilnia(however you spell it). So I started keeping cigarettes in my car and than I got drunk and smoked them!!

it was my gateway, I got arrested on possesion and if you have a lighter with no cigs they can get you on parphilnia(however you spell it). So I started keeping cigarettes in my car and than I got drunk and smoked them!!

Who the hell is responsible for that retarded law?

Wow!! That's wild. I think coffee was mine. Coffee breaks at the back table with the other smokestack waitresses. I inhaled their drug while sipping mine. :lol:

Bic Lighters not making campaign contributions to the right pols?

Perhaps the matchbook lobby in an effort to marginalize the competition?

Perhaps the matchbook lobby in an effort to marginalize the competition?

Gotta watch out for little girls.
14523654.JPG

Ugh, you just killed it for me. Smoking is the biggest turnoff.

I'm kinda going backwards to like Amanda ... kinda I say because I started with cigs, then went to coffee. Just wish the two weren't such polar opposites so I can replace cigs WITH the coffee.

New Topics

Forum List

Back