How Middle Class Republicans Conservatives are being CONNED by the Super Rich.

I have a very simpligfied plan, too, just like Ryan.

Here's mine

1. TREAT ALL INCOME THE SAME for FEDERAL AND SOCIAL SECURITY purposes.

Guess what?

That alone would balance the budget.

The other thing we might think about doing, assuming we'd like this nation to go back to work again?

END FREE TRADE policies as currently practiced.

If we made those two policy decisions this nation would be back on the road to solvency in about two decades.

Here's mine

Guess what?

The other thing we might think about doing, assuming we'd like this nation to go back to work again?

If we made those two policy decisions this nation would be back on the road to solvency in about two decades.

We will never have a Balanced Budget as long as our political process allows both sides to spend what ever they want when ever they want, the problem isn't with the amount being received its the amount being spent that is the issue. The budget cap must be made so that it cannot change.

There is no substitute for "Value for Value". "Something for Nothing" is Total Bullshit, Somebody Always pays. Start by living within your means. This holds for the Individual, the Society, and the Government that claims to serve it.
Feeding Incompetence and Mismanagement only encourages more of it.

You left out corporations. Why? Did the American taxpayer NOT just recently BAIL OUT the finance industry? The Auto industry? Where was the "value for value" in that? Where is ANY reciprocity between labor and industry in this country anymore? In some smaller businesses, but the corporate world? You're dreaming if you think that exists, and as far back as Reagan, government policy didn't think ONCE much less twice about the small businessman.

Actually, No. Corporations are not exempt from my statement. Why on Earth would you even think such a thing? Are you being serious here or trying a "Bait and Switch" Argument. Spin only obscures your perspective, not Reality. Fuck the Oligarchy, Fuck the Plutocracy, Fuck Soft Tyranny, Fuck Hard Tyranny, .... Wait for it ..... Fuck the Angry Mob!!! Starting to see the Pattern here????? Good! ;) :lol: Here is a clue, how about we give Government by the consent of the Governed a chance for once. How about we try to establish Justice for a change, rather than Rape and Pillage it. ;) Let's consider the value of Reason over Manipulation for a change too. ;)

How many people do you suppose know or understand the simple term of "By the consent of the governed" and how it applies to our form of Governance

You left out corporations. Why? Did the American taxpayer NOT just recently BAIL OUT the finance industry? The Auto industry? Where was the "value for value" in that? Where is ANY reciprocity between labor and industry in this country anymore? In some smaller businesses, but the corporate world? You're dreaming if you think that exists, and as far back as Reagan, government policy didn't think ONCE much less twice about the small businessman.

Actually, No. Corporations are not exempt from my statement. Why on Earth would you even think such a thing? Are you being serious here or trying a "Bait and Switch" Argument. Spin only obscures your perspective, not Reality. Fuck the Oligarchy, Fuck the Plutocracy, Fuck Soft Tyranny, Fuck Hard Tyranny, .... Wait for it ..... Fuck the Angry Mob!!! Starting to see the Pattern here????? Good! ;) :lol: Here is a clue, how about we give Government by the consent of the Governed a chance for once. How about we try to establish Justice for a change, rather than Rape and Pillage it. ;) Let's consider the value of Reason over Manipulation for a change too. ;)

See the bolded, for your first question, and could you please translate the mosh pit of talking points to something, anything, that even loosely connects to the lack of reciprocity between corporations and the taxpayer largess they recently took advantage of?

Barb, what your observation points to is those in Power protecting the interests of those in Power, at the expense of the Greater Society, without our consent, nothing more, nothing less. Where do you think all those Union Pensions are invested??? My issue is not that Corporations exist, but that Monopolies, Privileged Status, Protected Status, exists, at the expense of the rest of us. There is no Justice void of Impartiality, what applies to one should apply to all. Your concept of Privileged Exemption is a corruption of Principle. I'm speaking Ethics, You keep trying to make it Political. I have no issue with Someone having more than me, what another possesses is not my business or concern. What is my concern is using Power or Privilege to Steal my Liberty, to take from me, what another has no Right to, without consent or compensation. From Light Bulbs, to CO2, to any Scheme under the Sun, who's sole purpose is to create Fines, Fee's, and Penalty, to herd the Masses, to keep us off balance, always playing Catch-Up, always coming to compliance, conformity, while they exempt Themselves, their Friends and Relatives, Who ever asks why??? To what end??? to what Purpose??? You are defending Government existing for It's own sake, serving It's own selfish interest (Which I observe to be never satisfied), I support Government by the consent of the Governed, established by Reason, amended Itself, to comply with It's Original Mandate, which is to Establish and Serve Justice. Nothing is Greater than the Purpose It was created to Serve. Something Alexander Hamilton was too busy with his scheming to see. Something that has evolved into a compounded, out of control disease. We are lost without the concept of Unalienable Right. Without that understanding, we are no more than Commodities, Property of the State.

See the bolded, for your first question, and could you please translate the mosh pit of talking points to something, anything, that even loosely connects to the lack of reciprocity between corporations and the taxpayer largess they recently took advantage of?

Barb, what your observation points to is those in Power protecting the interests of those in Power, at the expense of the Greater Society, without our consent, nothing more, nothing less. Where do you think all those Union Pensions are invested??? My issue is not that Corporations exist, but that Monopolies, Privileged Status, Protected Status, exists, at the expense of the rest of us. There is no Justice void of Impartiality, what applies to one should apply to all. Your concept of Privileged Exemption is a corruption of Principle. I'm speaking Ethics, You keep trying to make it Political. I have no issue with Someone having more than me, what another possesses is not my business or concern. What is my concern is using Power or Privilege to Steal my Liberty, to take from me, what another has no Right to, without consent or compensation. From Light Bulbs, to CO2, to any Scheme under the Sun, who's sole purpose is to create Fines, Fee's, and Penalty, to herd the Masses, to keep us off balance, always playing Catch-Up, always coming to compliance, conformity, while they exempt Themselves, their Friends and Relatives, Who ever asks why??? To what end??? to what Purpose??? You are defending Government existing for It's own sake, serving It's own selfish interest (Which I observe to be never satisfied), I support Government by the consent of the Governed, established by Reason, amended Itself, to comply with It's Original Mandate, which is to Establish and Serve Justice. Nothing is Greater than the Purpose It was created to Serve. Something Alexander Hamilton was too busy with his scheming to see. Something that has evolved into a compounded, out of control disease. We are lost without the concept of Unalienable Right. Without that understanding, we are no more than Commodities, Property of the State.

I appreciate your reply, and thank you. I don't though, as to the bolded above, as those powerful interests I mention OWN the very government you complain about being FOR their own, and make that, our, government, act for them, rather for all of us the way it is supposed to be.
If they can BUY a bigger, louder, voice than the rest of us, and they can, and they DO, then they buy the results, and that is not democracy, and that is not consent.

Where are the jobs GOP from the Bush Tax Cuts?

Does anyone remember the Bush Tax Cuts that were supposed to create lots and lots of jobs? :confused:
Because... you know... if you give the rich and super wealthy big tax breaks they will create lots of jobs right?

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts.
Bush & the Republicans were creating jobs until the Democrats took control of congress in 2007 & destroyed jobs & the economy. Unlike the democrat lies, don't just take my word for it, check the chart. Since the Republicans took back the House to block Democrats neurotic control of business, jobs are once again on the rise. Democrats have destroyed all the jobs & the economy. Now since January 2011 America, Jobs & the Economy are making a comeback.

fredgraph.png

This is amazing; I've never seen something so black and white in my life.

Don't be an idiot. The chart shows the downturn in the economy. It didn't matter who was in control in DC. The Republicans will continue to carry the torch of the Super Rich until there are only two economic segments left, the Super Rich and the Poor. Then you will see a revolution. Please take note.

I appreciate your reply, and thank you. I don't though, as to the bolded above, as those powerful interests I mention OWN the very government you complain about being FOR their own, and make that, our, government, act for them, rather for all of us the way it is supposed to be.
If they can BUY a bigger, louder, voice than the rest of us, and they can, and they DO, then they buy the results, and that is not democracy, and that is not consent.

We are not a Democracy. We are a Federal Republic at best, a Plutocracy, an Oligarchy at worst. We are manipulated by those that have the power to influence and control. What ever happened to the concept of Questioning Authority??? Validating before acting??? A misguided poorly informed resolution serves Justice how exactly??? Check your Premise before granting more Powers and further empowering those that seek no more than to control us and mold us to fit their end. Follow your own Star. ;) :lol: Governments role is not supposed to be obstructing vision and ability, it too benefits from Discovery and Invention, correct??? Why play God and predetermine the outcome of what it in truth has no concept of. Government is not God, somebody, needs to break the news gently. ;)

How the rich pay no taxes

For the well-off, this could be the best tax day since the early 1930s: Top tax rates on ordinary income, dividends, estates, and gifts will remain at or near historically low levels for at least the next two years. That's thanks in part to legislation passed in December 2010 by the 111th Congress and signed by President Barack Obama.

"This is clearly far and away the most generous tax situation that's existed," says Gregory D. Singer, a national managing director of the wealth management group at AllianceBernstein (AB) in New York. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

For the 400 U.S. taxpayers with the highest adjusted gross income, the effective federal income tax rate -- what they actually pay -- fell from almost 30 percent in 1995 to just under 17 percent in 2007, according to the IRS. And for the approximately 1.4 million people who make up the top 1 percent of taxpayers, the effective federal income tax rate dropped from 29 percent to 23 percent in 2008. It may seem too fantastic to be true, but the top 400 end up paying a lower rate than the next 1,399,600 or so.

How the rich pay no taxes- MSN Money

There we have it, those poor wealthy folks that Ryan wants to lower taxes on already pay a lower tax rate than the bottom 99.9% and Ryan wants to give them another tax break while increasing the taxes on the bottom 90%. The scary part is that 99.9% of the the Right are for it even though it means their taxes would go up! That's an amazing example of people shooting themselves in the foot and doing it willingly.

We are not a Democracy. We are a Federal Republic at best, a Plutocracy, an Oligarchy at worst. We are manipulated by those that have the power to influence and control. What ever happened to the concept of Questioning Authority??? Validating before acting??? A misguided poorly informed resolution serves Justice how exactly??? Check your Premise before granting more Powers and further empowering those that seek no more than to control us and mold us to fit their end. Follow your own Star. ;) :lol: Governments role is not supposed to be obstructing vision and ability, it too benefits from Discovery and Invention, correct??? Why play God and predetermine the outcome of what it in truth has no concept of. Government is not God, somebody, needs to break the news gently. ;)

It always amuses and amazes me when conservatives and others say we aren't a democracy for the sheer sake of partisanry...and not giving in to democrats even one little bit. We are not a pure democracy for sure, however the principles of democracy are at the very root of what it means to be American.

We are not a pure democracy for sure, however the principles of democracy are at the very root of what it means to be American.

To be a democracy is oppression of the majority on the minority. American is founded on something completely different, liberty

Bullshit...If the union boss tells you to go on strike or posts a list of places you cannot shop, products you should not buy or political candidates you should not vote for, you do what the union boss says to do.
You as a union person do not earn wage increases on your own. You are beholden to what the union can get for you. Or are you now going to tell us that you can go to management without union consent and request a raise or a promotion for YOURSELF?
All union members kneel at the union altar. You must do so to keep your job.

no i dont asswipe.....i am not allowed to strike......and i dont give a goddam about the products or candidates my Union does not like......my Union licks Rep. Lorretta Sanchez's ass, i cant stand the bitch.....and the point of a Union dipshit is for them to negotiate on your behalf.....Duh....and if i dont kneel at the "Union Alter" i will not lose my job,i dont have to be a member if i so desire.....anymore stupid statements?....

Hit a nerve, didn't I....
You admitted that you got raises and such that were "contracted for" That means quite simply you are beholden to the union. And if you don't have to join because you must live in a right to work state, why did you? Solidarity? Please.
Everything I stated about unions is true. I worked in a union paint shop in NYC. Local 9 painters and allied trades. In the union hall, I saw all the stuff about products, retailers and political candidates. We also had a handbook that covered all thew above. 90% of all union members vote democrat because that is who the union bosses want in office. Period.
So don't tell me it isn't true.

It always amuses and amazes me when conservatives and others say we aren't a democracy for the sheer sake of partisanry...and not giving in to democrats even one little bit. We are not a pure democracy for sure, however the principles of democracy are at the very root of what it means to be American.

This is a representative republic. A democracy ignores "majority rules".
Quite frankly we have far less government than we do politics.
That is the root cause of the divisiveness we have experienced over the last decade and a half.

Here's mine

Guess what?

Free trade is bupkis....We should engage in "fair trade".

There is no such thing as a centrist. Centrists are Leftists and liberals who fear being labled "Liberal"....

Bush & the Republicans were creating jobs until the Democrats took control of congress in 2007 & destroyed jobs & the economy. Unlike the democrat lies, don't just take my word for it, check the chart. Since the Republicans took back the House in 2011 to block Democrats neurotic control of business, jobs are once again on the rise. Democrats have destroyed all the jobs & the economy. Now since January 2011 America, Jobs & the Economy are making a comeback.

fredgraph.png

It is so simple & straight foreword, yet the Democrats can't see the forest for the trees. Democrats took over in DC 4-1/2 years ago. They have destroyed savings, jobs, lives & our country. There is no better picture of how the people of this nation are doing than this EMRATIO chart.

If Democrats would just stop being manipulated by their pundits, clear their minds & ask them-selves this question. Am I doing better now after 4-1/2 years of democrats rules than I was 4-1/2 years ago under Republicans? Unless you are a super rich elite or DC lobbyist then that answer would clearly be No Way!

There is no such thing as a centrist. Centrists are Leftists and liberals who fear being labled "Liberal"....

I'd say anyone to the left of you, say a moderate conservative, would be a liberal to your bunch.

I fear nothing, politically that is. How wonderfully condescending and insulting.

Yes, there are centrists out there who believe that what YOU DO...the partisan quackery...the loyalism to crap ideas as long as your group gets to win...is bullshit.

There are those of us who aren't afraid to say "On issue X, conservatives have it right. On issue Y, liberals do." It would be far easier to pick a side and put blinders on. OMG everything (insert party here) does is AMAZING!!! They are the second coming of Christ!!!one!!!!one!!winzors!!!

But I don't take the easy road. I try, when possible, to see who has the best ideas and go with that. Sorry if that concept escapes you.

There is no such thing as a centrist. Centrists are Leftists and liberals who fear being labeled "Liberal"....

I'd say anyone to the left of you, say a moderate conservative, would be a liberal to your bunch.
"Your bunch"? To whom do you refer?
Look, we know your game. You lefties. You present yourselves as being tolerant and welcoming when the record of the Left shows a hihg degree of intolerance. So much so that your side uses personal attacks against political rivals. Example...look back at the vicious attacks the main stream ( mostly liberal) media placed upon Sarah Palin and her family. Look at the nastiness toward Sen Scott Brown( R-MA) when the MSM saw there was no way he would lose that election. You people are disgustingly intolerant. I say that because the Left lives a lie. They claim compassion and open mindedness. Yet the Left bears it's claws against any one or any group that dares to criticize them or any of their many PC protected classes.
Liberalism/Liberals and tolerance are mutually exclusive.
Now you will spout off with "well you conservatives blah blah blah"...Ya know what? We don't care. We have our core beliefs. We have our compass. HOwever unlike the Left we do not maintain our beliefs to the extent where we exclude all others. We welcome opposing viewpoints. We choose to discuss and debate with those who do not agree. Your side sees disagreement as a trigger to silence ( fairness doctrine for example) any one who dares to disagree with your agenda.

I fear nothing, politically that is. How wonderfully condescending and insulting.

Yes, there are centrists out there who believe that what YOU DO...the partisan quackery...the loyalism to crap ideas as long as your group gets to win...is bullshit.

There are those of us who aren't afraid to say "On issue X, conservatives have it right. On issue Y, liberals do." It would be far easier to pick a side and put blinders on. OMG everything (insert party here) does is AMAZING!!! They are the second coming of Christ!!!one!!!!one!!winzors!!!

But I don't take the easy road. I try, when possible, to see who has the best ideas and go with that. Sorry if that concept escapes you.
Whatever makes you feel better.
The fact is those who call themselves "moderate" pr "centrist" have no core beliefs. You people are rudderless. Your ilk is represented by mostly uninformed suburban whites who go to work, take their 2.4 children to soccer practice three times week. Other than that they get home, close the garage door, lower the blinds and do not emerge from their lovely 4 bedroom 2.5 bath cul de sac home until it's time to go back to work. They don't read the papers or watch the news. They think what their neighbors think. The y do not dare disagree with others on the cul de sac because if they expressed a political view other than the accepted , they fear their children when not at soccer practice would be excluded from play group. These are the people that voted for Obama in 2008 because they feared the neighborhood repercussions should the others discover otherwise.
Centrists/moderates do not vote on issues. Nor so they vote for the candidate which most closely matches their ideology. They vote for the candidate they think has the best chance of winning.
How many times have we heard "I didn't want to waste my vote"...Or "I voted for the winner".....These morons barely have the right to an opinion and certainly are too lazy to become politically aware.
I don't care who they vote for or which political affiliation they choose. I would prefer that anyone who does vote to at least try to understand the issues and how important their vote is and how it affects the nation.
I live in the suburbs and in a nice single family home community. The difference between myself and they is I pay attention and do my homework. I do not form an opinion on a subject or issue unless I gather information on my own.
You would not like me as a neighbor. You are probably seething after reading this. Good.
There is nothing more amusing than a pissed off liberal/moderate.
Have a nice day.
By the way, this is not a discussion. I am not interested in any further comment from you.
Spout off if you like. I am done with you here.

I'm always puzzled how the under employed "Joe the Plumber" types and unions of police and fire fighters continue to support the Republican Party.

After all... what have they actually done for the conservative working class? We don't ask them to do anything for us dumbass. That's why we believe in small government and independence. Don't try it, it's hard to do, you might starve to death.

Mostly the GOP has kept wages low and pushed the majority of tax paying onto the middled class. Moron, minimum wage increases have never solved anything.
No matter what the rate is for the rich (high or low) they usually hire accountants that ensure the super rich pay little if any actual tax. Then change the laws crybaby.

But the current big con are the conservative PACS that take money from the working class Conservative Republicans and give nothing back to them.
Such as Americans For Prosperity - sounds great and I'm in favor of prosperity - but the Koch brothers are the only ones getting rich from this PAC... NOT the middle class majority.

It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid! Then get the government out of it so there's no kick backs.

I hear the worn out, lame comments from the GOP and Conservatives all the time that it's just the "Free Market" or it's "Supply and Demand" and you got to lower taxes so the wealthy can create jobs. If all that is true... It is.

Where are the jobs GOP from the Bush Tax Cuts? He had very low numbers for a very long time.

Does anyone remember the Bush Tax Cuts that were supposed to create lots and lots of jobs? :confused:
Because... you know... if you give the rich and super wealthy big tax breaks they will create lots of jobs right?

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts. link

Tax Dollar Subsidized Business is NOT Capitalism or the Free Market
What the GOP really wants is the low wage class and the middle class to subsidized the already wealthy and super rich. link

Billion Dollar businesses such as McDonald's as Walmart get super big tax breaks and subsidies a.k.a "Corporate Welfare" paid mostly by the middle class tax payers who don't even benefit from a higher wages or benefits due to a subsidy. link. But they did get to opt out of that great obamacare.

$8 an hour is poverty level for a family in this country.Then you need a better job.

Middle Class Consumers and Buyers are the fuel that creates the Wealth and Job Growth!

GOP love to repeat the old Reaganomics tax plan of 1981.

FYI - 1980 Tax Rates was 70% 50% 215,400

* Reduce Government spending.
* Reduce Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Did you know that Clinton did that and increased revenues?
* Reduce Government regulation.
and
* Control the money supply to reduce inflation.

Reagan said this would create "Trickle Down Economics" which sorta works if the economic conditions are a certain way such as businesses hiring more people that yields incomes.

When Ronald Reagan was president in the 80's he actually came in with a bad recession and taxes were super high

You are a very boring and regurgitating fool.

We here at USMB expect idiotic claims to come with links to prove what we say.

I have posted factual links and post that basically support what FreeWorld is posting about and I never seem to get replies from the far right crowd And I've done it often.

Wages are where they were in 1980 for working Americans and that is despite an 86% increase in worker productivity and a 90% growth in the US economy since 1980. So yes, the middle class/working class is getting screwed. And yes, many middle class conservatives have drank the kool-aid as noted by the absence of a good debate dealing with facts.

Wealth is as concentrated as it was just prior to 1929 and economic history shows how well that worked for America.

It's time for the middle class/working class to get it share of the economic pie.

That is a completely false statement as wealth in this country is and has been mobile.

"People who are in the top bracket today are not the people who were in the top bracket last year. There’s a good deal of socioeconomic mobility in the United States — more than you’d think. Our dear, dear friends at the IRS keep track of actual households (boy, do they ever!), and sometimes the Treasury publishes data about what has happened to them. For instance, among those who in 1996 were in the very highest income group isolated for study — the top 0.01 percent — 75 percent were in a lower income group by 2005. The median real income of super-rich households went down, not up. The rich got poorer. Among actual households, income grew proportionally more for those who started off in the low-income groups than those that began in high-income groups."

Read more in this link
The Rich Aren

The "concentration" of wealth moves from class to class and is not relegated to a small "concentration" as you seem to state.

Forum List

Back