How Middle Class Republicans Conservatives are being CONNED by the Super Rich.

FreeWorld

Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
I'm always puzzled how the under employed "Joe the Plumber" types and unions of police and fire fighters continue to support the Republican Party.

After all... what have they actually done for the conservative working class?

Mostly the GOP has kept wages low and pushed the majority of tax paying onto the middled class.
No matter what the rate is for the rich (high or low) they usually hire accountants that ensure the super rich pay little if any actual tax.

But the current big con are the conservative PACS that take money from the working class Conservative Republicans and give nothing back to them.
Such as Americans For Prosperity - sounds great and I'm in favor of prosperity - but the Koch brothers are the only ones getting rich from this PAC... NOT the middle class majority.

It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid!

I hear the worn out, lame comments from the GOP and Conservatives all the time that it's just the "Free Market" or it's "Supply and Demand" and you got to lower taxes so the wealthy can create jobs. If all that is true...

Where are the jobs GOP from the Bush Tax Cuts?

Does anyone remember the Bush Tax Cuts that were supposed to create lots and lots of jobs? :confused:
Because... you know... if you give the rich and super wealthy big tax breaks they will create lots of jobs right?

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts.

Tax Dollar Subsidized Business is NOT Capitalism or the Free Market
What the GOP really wants is the low wage class and the middle class to subsidized the already wealthy and super rich.

Billion Dollar businesses such as McDonald's as Walmart get super big tax breaks and subsidies a.k.a "Corporate Welfare" paid mostly by the middle class tax payers who don't even benefit from a higher wages or benefits due to a subsidy.

$8 an hour is poverty level for a family in this country.

Middle Class Consumers and Buyers are the fuel that creates the Wealth and Job Growth!

GOP love to repeat the old Reaganomics tax plan of 1981.

FYI - 1980 Tax Rates was 70% 50% 215,400

* Reduce Government spending.
* Reduce Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
* Reduce Government regulation.
and
* Control the money supply to reduce inflation.

Reagan said this would create "Trickle Down Economics" which sorta works if the economic conditions are a certain way such as businesses hiring more people that yields incomes.

When Ronald Reagan was president in the 80's he actually came in with a bad recession and taxes were super high

I'm always puzzled how the under employed "Joe the Plumber" types and unions of police and fire fighters continue to support the Republican Party.

After all... what have they actually done for the conservative working class? We don't ask them to do anything for us dumbass. That's why we believe in small government and independence. Don't try it, it's hard to do, you might starve to death.

Mostly the GOP has kept wages low and pushed the majority of tax paying onto the middled class. Moron, minimum wage increases have never solved anything.
No matter what the rate is for the rich (high or low) they usually hire accountants that ensure the super rich pay little if any actual tax. Then change the laws crybaby.

But the current big con are the conservative PACS that take money from the working class Conservative Republicans and give nothing back to them.
Such as Americans For Prosperity - sounds great and I'm in favor of prosperity - but the Koch brothers are the only ones getting rich from this PAC... NOT the middle class majority.

It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid! Then get the government out of it so there's no kick backs.

I hear the worn out, lame comments from the GOP and Conservatives all the time that it's just the "Free Market" or it's "Supply and Demand" and you got to lower taxes so the wealthy can create jobs. If all that is true... It is.

Where are the jobs GOP from the Bush Tax Cuts? He had very low numbers for a very long time.

Does anyone remember the Bush Tax Cuts that were supposed to create lots and lots of jobs? :confused:
Because... you know... if you give the rich and super wealthy big tax breaks they will create lots of jobs right?

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts. link

What the GOP really wants is the low wage class and the middle class to subsidized the already wealthy and super rich. link

Billion Dollar businesses such as McDonald's as Walmart get super big tax breaks and subsidies a.k.a "Corporate Welfare" paid mostly by the middle class tax payers who don't even benefit from a higher wages or benefits due to a subsidy. link. But they did get to opt out of that great obamacare.

$8 an hour is poverty level for a family in this country.Then you need a better job.

Middle Class Consumers and Buyers are the fuel that creates the Wealth and Job Growth!

* Reduce Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Did you know that Clinton did that and increased revenues?
and

Reagan said this would create "Trickle Down Economics" which sorta works if the economic conditions are a certain way such as businesses hiring more people that yields incomes.

When Ronald Reagan was president in the 80's he actually came in with a bad recession and taxes were super high

You are a very boring and regurgitating fool.

We here at USMB expect idiotic claims to come with links to prove what we say.

After all... what have they actually done for the conservative working class? We don't ask them to do anything for us dumbass. That's why we believe in small government and independence. Don't try it, it's hard to do, you might starve to death.

Mostly the GOP has kept wages low and pushed the majority of tax paying onto the middled class. Moron, minimum wage increases have never solved anything.
No matter what the rate is for the rich (high or low) they usually hire accountants that ensure the super rich pay little if any actual tax. Then change the laws crybaby.

It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid! Then get the government out of it so there's no kick backs.

I hear the worn out, lame comments from the GOP and Conservatives all the time that it's just the "Free Market" or it's "Supply and Demand" and you got to lower taxes so the wealthy can create jobs. If all that is true... It is.

Where are the jobs GOP from the Bush Tax Cuts? He had very low numbers for a very long time.

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts. link

What the GOP really wants is the low wage class and the middle class to subsidized the already wealthy and super rich. link

Billion Dollar businesses such as McDonald's as Walmart get super big tax breaks and subsidies a.k.a "Corporate Welfare" paid mostly by the middle class tax payers who don't even benefit from a higher wages or benefits due to a subsidy. link. But they did get to opt out of that great obamacare.

$8 an hour is poverty level for a family in this country.Then you need a better job.

* Reduce Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Did you know that Clinton did that and increased revenues?
and

I have posted factual links and post that basically support what FreeWorld is posting about and I never seem to get replies from the far right crowd And I've done it often.

Wages are where they were in 1980 for working Americans and that is despite an 86% increase in worker productivity and a 90% growth in the US economy since 1980. So yes, the middle class/working class is getting screwed. And yes, many middle class conservatives have drank the kool-aid as noted by the absence of a good debate dealing with facts.

Wealth is as concentrated as it was just prior to 1929 and economic history shows how well that worked for America.

It's time for the middle class/working class to get it share of the economic pie.

Bush & the Republicans were creating jobs until the Democrats took control of congress in 2007 & destroyed jobs & the economy. Unlike the democrat lies, don't just take my word for it, check the chart. Since the Republicans took back the House in 2011 to block Democrats neurotic control of business, jobs are once again on the rise. Democrats have destroyed all the jobs & the economy. Now since January 2011 America, Jobs & the Economy are making a comeback.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

and

I have posted factual links and post that basically support what FreeWorld is posting about and I never seem to get replies from the far right crowd And I've done it often.

Wages are where they were in 1980 for working Americans and that is despite an 86% increase in worker productivity and a 90% growth in the US economy since 1980. So yes, the middle class/working class is getting screwed. And yes, many middle class conservatives have drank the kool-aid as noted by the absence of a good debate dealing with facts.

Wealth is as concentrated as it was just prior to 1929 and economic history shows how well that worked for America.

It's time for the middle class/working class to get it share of the economic pie.

While it does take money to open businesses and create jobs, somebody has to purchase the final products in order for businesses to thrive. When you reduce the purchasing power of the largest segment of society, the economy tanks. And that is where we are now. I supported the Reagan tax cuts, and I even supported the Bush tax cuts as they were meant to be, temporary. The Reagan tax cuts did work, but the tax rates were much higher at that time. The Bush tax cuts didn't work, although they may have helped for a short period of time. The problem is that they didn't do enough to increase revenues and eventually revenues fell. If you go to the link, you will see that revenues for 2009 and 2010 fell by approximately $400 billion from 2008.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

In fact - the opposite has happened - a sharp DECLINE in jobs after the Bush Tax Cuts.
Bush & the Republicans were creating jobs until the Democrats took control of congress in 2007 & destroyed jobs & the economy. Unlike the democrat lies, don't just take my word for it, check the chart. Since the Republicans took back the House to block Democrats neurotic control of business, jobs are once again on the rise. Democrats have destroyed all the jobs & the economy. Now since January 2011 America, Jobs & the Economy are making a comeback.

fredgraph.png

This is amazing; I've never seen something so black and white in my life.

I don't know where to begin.

I lied.

Remember the Bush tax cuts? 66% of those cuts went to the middle class and the poor.

Mostly the GOP has kept wages low and pushed the majority of tax paying onto the middled class.
No matter what the rate is for the rich (high or low) they usually hire accountants that ensure the super rich pay little if any actual tax.

When did that happen? Democrats like to throw around the stat that the top 5% of wage earners are hoarding half the wealth in this country. If you ever bother to look at the numbers you will find that number includes people who make less than $200,000 a year. Maybe the reason the middle class is disappearing is the Democrats have suddenly decided that they are rich, and that the rest of us are poor.

The Koch brothers are not getting rich from any PACs. For that matter, neither is Soros getting rich from his Campaign for a Progressive Future or
Move On. They are all getting rich off of oil.

]It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid!

[/b]Damn. Did you finally figure that out?

I hear the worn out, lame comments from the GOP and Conservatives all the time that it's just the "Free Market" or it's "Supply and Demand" and you got to lower taxes so the wealthy can create jobs. If all that is true...

I guess not.

The Bush tax cuts had nothing to do with the free market.

Isn't that the same thing that the Democrats and Obama said when they extended the tax cuts? Didn't they point to the drop in unemployment after they passed as proof that they worked?

Government policy does not create jobs, it only leaches off the economy and destroys them. Tax cuts can spur job growth by giving people more money to buy things like houses. If we actually had a free market you might actually see things like that work.

What the GOP really wants is the low wage class and the middle class to subsidized the already wealthy and super rich.

Billion Dollar businesses such as McDonald's as Walmart get super big tax breaks and subsidies a.k.a "Corporate Welfare" paid mostly by the middle class tax payers who don't even benefit from a higher wages or benefits due to a subsidy.

What subsidies does Walmart or McDonald's get from the federal government? Corporate subsides actually go to the competitors of these companies, and to unions.

$8 an hour ispoverty level for a family in this country.

How many people in this country make minimum wage?

C'mon, take a guess.

I will give you a hint, it is actually smaller than the percentage of people who make $200,000 or more.

Where do middle class consumers and buyers get the money to fuel all that wealth and job growth. Do they have money trees in their backyards?

and

Which of those do you have a specific objection too?

After he left we went into one of the greatest periods of prosperity in history. If the experts on both sides of the aisle are right that it takes about a decade for the real affect of government policies to affect the middle class then I would say that that argues that Reagan was an economic genius.

Good question. There is some history to this.

During the postwar years, both parties supported the New Deal and progressive taxation -- therefore there was not much daylight between Truman, Kennedy, Eisenhower, and Nixon. Big business, however, grew restless. Why? Asia and Europe repaired their industrial output and American manufacturing profits shrank. Which meant that concessions to labor were now seen as intolerable.

Business needed an advocate in the White House to repeal the tax & regulatory burden of the New Deal Welfare state; therefore, starting in the 70s they began to invest heavily in the Republican Party. They purged it of balance and moderation, slowly kicking out the "Rockefeller Republicans" and calcifying into a rigid doctrinaire echo chamber which punished dissent. They moved the Republican Party hard Right, and they brought the Democrats along with them, who went from the ultra-liberal McGovern to the much more Conservative, Jimmy Carter.

But how exactly did they move the public consensus away from the New Deal? How did they break the 30 year bond the progressives had with poor people in the south and heartland? How did they sell the wealthy man's agenda to poor workers in the rustbelt?

They made heavy investments in Public Opinion. They created "Movement Conservatism" (the blending of business and politics), which converted corporate $$$ into political outcomes with ruthless efficiency. They poured money into think tanks, publishing groups, political action committees, and mass media. Any politician not willing to protect narrow corporate interests faced a primary challenge.

"Ok, fine. But be more specific. How did they win hearts and minds of poor people?"

Essentially, in the span of two decades, they shifted economic populism to values populism. They waged a powerful ideological offensive against Civil Rights, feminism, secularism, and multiculturalism, i.e., the social overreach of the post-FDR Left. They tapped into white backlash against the 60's social revolution. Instead of protecting workers from corporations (i.e., the Democratic Model), they would protect Christian families from atheist, Marxist, Black Panther, pot-smoking, homosexual, free-love, bra-burning, anti-American hippies. They also latched on to patriotic John Wayne, pro gun masculinity, which thrives inside the low IQ racists and homophobes they were molding into an impenetrable electoral coalition. They changed the debate from economic issues to wedge issues.

And they did it brilliantly. People went into the voting booth in opposition to abortion, and they came out with the Iraq War. They never knew what hit 'em because the GOP had placed them in such a powerful ideological bubble. These poor voters got all their news and information from "trusted" sources. They were conditioned to fear any information source outside the bubble. Even science was debunked and not to be trusted.

The rest is history. The corporations who took the country over under Reagan now staff government and have consolidated control over the media. Check mate.

and

You have not. There are no links to prove anything he said, because everything he said is total fantasy. I can find links that talk about the Earth being flat.

The Flat Earth Society

Does that make the Earth flat?

...Wages are where they were in 1980 for working Americans and that is despite an 86% increase in worker productivity and a 90% growth in the US economy since 1980. So yes, the middle class/working class is getting screwed...

Since today’s middle class usually involves at least two working Americans, it seems to me that, even if wages are about the same as 1980, the middle class is probably doing about twice as good as they did back then. Indeed, I feel even the poor are doing better than they did back then.

I am middle class today and I was middle class back then and I really can’t complain.

That said, I agree that the middle class also gets screwed because they are the ones who actually have to pay the bill regardless of who rung it up.

So, in my opinion, people are dreaming if they think it will not be the middle class who will ultimately bear the entire brunt of any tax increases levied upon the rich.

and

Geesh, can't anyone post an original opinion? It's his opinion so why are you demanding links?

...Wages are where they were in 1980 for working Americans and that is despite an 86% increase in worker productivity and a 90% growth in the US economy since 1980. So yes, the middle class/working class is getting screwed...

Since today’s middle class usually involves at least two working Americans, it seems to me that, even if wages are about the same as 1980, the middle class is probably doing about twice as good as they did back then. Indeed, I feel even the poor are doing better than they did back then.

I am middle class today and I was middle class back then and I really can’t complain.

That said, I agree that the middle class also gets screwed because they are the ones who actually have to pay the bill regardless of who rung it up.

So, in my opinion, people are dreaming if they think it will not be the middle class who will ultimately bear the entire brunt of any tax increases levied upon the rich.

That's the problem. The wages are the same but the COL is not. I made $12 her hour in the late 80's and make nearly three times that now. But my buying power, although more, isn't three times as much.

A lot of people are so interested in social issues that they ignore the economic issues.

The modern GOP was smart enough to capitalize on these grand differences in social politics.

It's NOT a real Free Market at work stupid!

$8 an hour is poverty level for a family in this country.

and

Where in this scree is the part about the "Super Rich" Conning anyone? I see where our Liberal idiots in government have lied to the American people I see where they've taxed the middle class into non existence. But I'll be damned if I see where the "Super Rich" had anything do with any of it. :doubt:

Yeah.....you Teabaggers are notorious for providing links, with your idiotic-claims.

Wankin.gif

Paul Ryan proposes a budget that demands Americans sacrifice, and yet, the wealthy are exempted from that 'shared' sacrifice.

Sure he does now if you would provide proof of said exemption I'm positive we would all be quite unhappy......:eusa_eh:

How Middle Class Republicans Conservatives are being CONNED by the Super Rich.
I don't know who you'd call "Middle Class Republicans".

I always see Republicans divided into two camps: (real) Conservatives....who, for all-intents-and-purposes, stay disengaged....and, the White Wingers....the most-vocal & least-educated.

When.....

....BOTH of those camps are more-than-adept at displaying their confusion & intellectual-laziness.....and, Rupert Murdoch does everything-he-CAN to.....

Last edited:
A lot of people are so interested in social issues that they ignore the economic issues.

The modern GOP was smart enough to capitalize on these grand differences in social politics.

True and that is why I blame the GOP for the lion's share of this mess. They only reason I don't vote Democrat is because all of their proposals call for even higher spending.

Forum List

Back