How many types of wealthy are there?

These right wingers. Wet dream after wet dream about money.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

You are a slobbering dickhead, idiot yourself, in fact every bit as much as those you villify and talk down to. Maybe moreso.

But you can't be far off the mark in this post.

Why do the poor worship the rich?

Why do the poor worship the Pope?

Why do the weak suck up the strong?

Why do the stupid subscribe to every syllable uttered by the allegedly smart?

Why do sheeple subscribe uncritically to authority?

Why do the fearful bow down before the oppressive?

Why do the skeered suck the balls of those in positions of authority?

Why are all partisans brain dead idiots without a spine?

Why do the dems do whatever the repubs want even when the dems have towering majorities?

Why do the repubs control the agenda even when they are relegated to the political desert?

The correct answer of course is rooted in our biology.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet

Sounds just about right. A very good image of the people who want wealth redistributed. And given the them.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet

Sounds just about right. A very good image of the people who want wealth redistributed. And given the them.

That's whats so funny. The wealth was already redistributed with 2.4 trillion in tax cuts, the majority of which went to the top 1%. And what did they do with it? Built factories in China, thereby insuring their base will NEVER have the wealth they obsess for. It's hilarious.

Remember how that tax cut was supposed to rebuild the economy? Well, it did. In China. Republicans moved 2.4 million jobs there from 2001 to 2008 and they put policies in place that keep the drain going.

And their "government can't make jobs" base is screaming for government to, get this, "make jobs". It really is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's whats so funny. The wealth was already redistributed with 2.4 trillion in tax cuts, the majority of which went to the top 1%. And what did they do with it? Built factories in China, thereby insuring their base will NEVER have the wealth they obsess for. It's hilarious.

Remember how that tax cut was supposed to rebuild the economy? Well, it did. In China. Republicans moved 2.4 million jobs there from 2001 to 2008 and they put policies in place that keep the drain going.

And their "government can't make jobs" base is screaming for government to, get this, "make jobs". It really is hilarious.

I think it says everything you need to know about rdean that he thinks cutting the amount of taxes someone PAYS ON THEIR OWN INCOME is "wealth redistribution". If anyone is still listening to the words issuing from his cockholster after that, that person is as stupid as rdean himself.

I think it says everything you need to know about rdean that he thinks cutting the amount of taxes someone PAYS ON THEIR OWN INCOME is "wealth redistribution". If anyone is still listening to the words issuing from his cockholster after that, that person is as stupid as rdean himself.

Deany is a victim of Statist Gubmint education...I don't know whether to pity him...or continue laughter or scorn...Toss UP...

I think you need to understand what wealth redistribution is first. Think real hard on the idea of robin hood syndrome.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

How is letting people keep what they have earned government giving them anything when it isn't government's to give in the first place? Government produces nothing in regard to wealth...they only take to feed their insaciable appitite for power over others.

The sooner you learn this lesson and cease buying the bullsqueeze...the better off you will be.

How many types of wealthy are there?

Well, there's the wealth that comes from winning the lotto. There's the wealth that comes from winning a huge law suit. There's the wealth that comes from your Aunt Gloria - who you hated but she adored you and you found out how much after she died. There's the kind of wealth you get from discovering oil on your land. There's lots of different kinds of wealth. I consider anybody who has more than $65.09 in a sock under their mattress wealthy. Obama figures anybody who makes over $200,000 a year is wealthy. We see wealth differently. I'm not wealthy but I tend to get just about everything I want, when I want it, if I whine to the wife long enough. I don't consider that being wealthy. I consider that being lucky. Very, very lucky.

I think you need to understand what wealth redistribution is first. Think real hard on the idea of robin hood syndrome.

Funny you should use a picture of a soldier and defend the rich. How many millionaires become soldiers?

See, the right wing, with their love affair of the super wealthy, believe the wealthy should have no responsibilities for help taking care of this nation. Isn't it enough that they live here. They could live anywhere, but they live here, so let's not make them mad by expecting they contribute.

In fact, when a company, like BP fucks up a thousand miles of coastline and screws up the economy, let's soothe what ever embarrassment they might feel and if someone expects them to pay the families of those that died, or expects them to pay for their disaster, let's apologize. Just kidding. We know that would never happen. No one would apologize to a company that just screwed this country. No one except a Republican.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDc0n79BdLs[/ame]

I've been thinking about wealth. It seems that in order to be wealthy you either have to:

1) Work hard for it
2) Recieve it someway that doesn't involve work.

Have I missed any others? And which type of wealth should we be encouraging?

1- The old fashioned way: work hard and earn it or inherited it.

2- New fashioned way: Don't work hard and let the government provide you your wealth.
I believe you mean "...provide you someone else's wealth."

Which The Man is keeping you down, dean?

Funny you should use a picture of a soldier and defend the rich. How many millionaires become soldiers?

See, the right wing, with their love affair of the super wealthy, believe the wealthy should have no responsibilities for help taking care of this nation. Isn't it enough that they live here. They could live anywhere, but they live here, so let's not make them mad by expecting they contribute.

In fact, when a company, like BP fucks up a thousand miles of coastline and screws up the economy, let's soothe what ever embarrassment they might feel and if someone expects them to pay the families of those that died, or expects them to pay for their disaster, let's apologize. Just kidding. We know that would never happen. No one would apologize to a company that just screwed this country. No one except a Republican.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDc0n79BdLs[/ame]

Do you have some problem with me honoring veterans on veterans day?

Corporate wealth and personal wealth are different things.

Tell me something, why should the "wealthy" (not talking about corporations) be any more responsible for taking care of the country then the "poor"? Why should they "owe" more to "society" then others? Why should be "wealthy" be forced to give more then the rest?

From USMB, I have learned there are two types of wealth:

Liberal wealth, which is righteous and pure and holy and made from the very cream of human kindness.

Conservative wealth, which is evil and smelly and foul and made from the tears of small children.

Right, USMB lefties?

I've been thinking about wealth. It seems that in order to be wealthy you either have to:

1) Work hard for it
2) Recieve it someway that doesn't involve work.

Have I missed any others? And which type of wealth should we be encouraging?

2- New fashioned way: Don't work hard and let the government provide you your wealth.

I stand corrected.

Yes they want to become wealthy, by being provided with someones else's wealth.

I stand corrected.

Yes they want to become wealthy, by being provided with someones else's wealth.
Indeed. See my definitions above. When it's handed to them, it becomes purified.

i don't think someone earning $250k a year should be in the tax bracket for the ''wealthiest''.....that i am certain about....

the very top tax bracket should begin much higher than a 250k a year earner....

the top bracket in taxes should probably start at a couple of million a year in earnings....someone making 250k should be about 3 down from the highest bracket, imho.

no one on gvt dole will EVER be considered ''the wealthy'' or described as ''wealthy'' though....

no one on gvt dole will EVER be considered ''the wealthy'' or described as ''wealthy'' though....

No, but they are wealthier then they would be without the gvt dole.

The problem i have is when those who are already getting something for nothing want bigger handouts by taking more from the "wealthy" because the wealthy can "afford it"

I agree with you, 250k should not be the bar of measurement. But someone who makes 50k a year sure looks wealthy to someone who is getting 15k a year on the dole.

Forum List

Back