How many types of wealthy are there?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I've been thinking about wealth. It seems that in order to be wealthy you either have to:

1) Work hard for it
2) Recieve it someway that doesn't involve work.

Have I missed any others? And which type of wealth should we be encouraging?

I've been thinking about wealth. It seems that in order to be wealthy you either have to:

1) Work hard for it

I've known a few wealthy people who earned top salaries because they were in the right place at the right time working for an existing company that was already successful and so it didn't notice that these were really not the brightest bulbs in the room. As long as they shuffled the paper the same way it had always been, they would snap their empty Bosca briefcases shut every night and pretend they were working very, very hard.

There are business men and women who climb to the top by knowingly selling bad products or bogus services, by manipulating customers or clients into taking unnecessary risks in investments.

There are a slew of ways people make lots of money legally, but morally reprehensible. Bankers, lawyers, insurance salesmen, car dealers, home builders, to name a few.

1) Work hard for it

I've known a few wealthy people who earned top salaries because they were in the right place at the right time working for an existing company that was already successful and so it didn't notice that these were really not the brightest bulbs in the room. As long as they shuffled the paper the same way it had always been, they would snap their empty Bosca briefcases shut every night and pretend they were working very, very hard.

There are business men and women who climb to the top by knowingly selling bad products or bogus services, by manipulating customers or clients into taking unnecessary risks in investments.
There are a slew of ways people make lots of money legally, but morally reprehensible. Bankers, lawyers, insurance salesmen, car dealers, home builders, to name a few.

This sounds just like Capital Hill, Maggie.

1) Work hard for it

1- The old fashioned way: work hard and earn it or inherited it.

2- New fashioned way: Don't work hard and let the government provide you your wealth.

1) Work hard for it

Who cares?

Designing public policy based on pea green envy over the few lucky people who won the gene pool lottery ends up destroying opportunities for those in the first category. I really don't care how someone got their wealth as long as it wasn't by force or fraud.

Being born to rich parents is neither force nor fraud.

I've got a decent wife and 4 smart healthy happy kids.

I'm the wealthiest mutherfucka in the world. :thup:

And that is a kind of wealth most people cannot grasp.

There is prostitution which maybe more fun than working, or maybe fun jobs. Having a job you like to show up to each day, is not really work to that person.

Having other people's money working for you is not work, and stealing workers wages and benefits is not work either.

1) Work hard for it

Who cares?

Designing public policy based on pea green envy over the few lucky people who won the gene pool lottery ends up destroying opportunities for those in the first category. I really don't care how someone got their wealth as long as it wasn't by force or fraud.

Being born to rich parents is neither force nor fraud.

I on the other hand see the stock market as a means to rape workers wages and benefits without working.

I think the question is WHAT is wealthy?..a question I have asked here several times and received one answer,$ 500.000. Does it matter how they got it?

1) Work hard for it

3)screw your way to the top
(rich girls ride in chevy's, poor girls ride in Ford's, Maggie rides the bedsprings to pay her room and board)

I think the question is WHAT is wealthy?..a question I have asked here several times and received one answer,$ 500.000. Does it matter how they got it?

I learned the answer about 15 years ago when I was flat-ass broke. I sat the wife down just before Christmas and said "I'm sorry honey, but there's nothing and there's not gonna be much of a holiday this year". She said we have each other and this beautiful new baby- who needs money. Now that I've finally climbed out of poverty I look back at those days as the best times of my life.

Why the hatred for anyone who is born into a wealthy family?

Maybe the ghetto queens, trailor trash and other related scumbag liberals should learn this fact:

- It is a noble thing to sacrifice in order to provide your kids a BETTER life than most others will enjoy.

Parents of ALL income try to set their kids up for a life with extra benefits. Mid class families set aside college money. Poor families may just scrap by to pay for private school so their kid wont be caught up in gangs at a local public (excuse me, "government") school. And yes, rich families set up trust funds and such so their kid will never have money trouble.

Why is this wrong? Is wealth something to be ashamed of now??????

The class-warfare argument is mind-boggling...so no attempt at an answer from myself. Only disgust that in a free nation we have such discussions about the punitive actions of our own government as a reward for success.

The class-warfare argument is mind-boggling...so no attempt at an answer from myself. Only disgust that in a free nation we have such discussions about the punitive actions of our own government as a reward for success.

Yeah, I saw in the "unequal wealth" thread someone applauding the statement "Profit does nothing for the middle class". I lost faith in humanity knowing someone who thinks like that is also able to function enough to use a computer.

1) Work hard for it

(rich girls ride in chevy's, poor girls ride in Ford's, Maggie rides the bedsprings to pay her room and board)

I have a feeling Maggie is intelligent enough to pay her own way in life without the help from anyone. Cheap shot on your part.

1) Work hard for it

1- The old fashioned way: work hard and earn it or inherited it.

2- New fashioned way: Don't work hard and let the government provide you your wealth.

I've got a decent wife and 4 smart healthy happy kids.

I'm the wealthiest mutherfucka in the world. :thup:

Both of these are excellent posts!! Thank you both!!

1) Work hard for it

I have a feeling Maggie is intelligent enough to pay her own way in life without the help from anyone. Cheap shot on your part.

I didn't write the rhyme, dolt. I typed it verbatum.

Why the hatred for anyone who is born into a wealthy family?

Maybe the ghetto queens, trailor trash and other related scumbag liberals should learn this fact:

- It is a noble thing to sacrifice in order to provide your kids a BETTER life than most others will enjoy.

Parents of ALL income try to set their kids up for a life with extra benefits. Mid class families set aside college money. Poor families may just scrap by to pay for private school so their kid wont be caught up in gangs at a local public (excuse me, "government") school. And yes, rich families set up trust funds and such so their kid will never have money trouble.

Why is this wrong? Is wealth something to be ashamed of now??????

There was a time when parents would work 4 jobs, any jobs, to pay for their children to have a better life then themselves. Why bother now when you can just put your hand out and get a government check?

Didn't you get the memo? Working hard and getting ahead in the world is not PC anymore. Enjoying the money you have earned is not PC.

It is however very PC to steal from the "rich" to give to the "poor"

These right wingers. Wet dream after wet dream about money.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

These right wingers. Wet dream after wet dream about money.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

:blahblah:

No we get it plenty. The people are sick of the Progressives stealing from the living and the yet to be born by lawful thievery.

Get a new CD/Record deany-baby...yours is severly scratched and skips to the same fucking track.

Forum List

Back