How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Deflect away, I eat people like you for lunch on this topic kid.

This will be fun than grandpa.

Flail away.

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like you healthcare plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away from you, no matter what.”

Show us the context, you won't fare well with the nuts and bolts of the ACA.

The context is Obamacare numbnuts, not the private insurance business.

One thing that conservatives have taught us is to never assume that things can be sufficiently dumbed down or simplified. That no matter how carefully government is explained the party of irresponsibility will be confused and hostile, and will go to ridiculous extremes to denigrate the country, the President, our people, our government, and all progress.

Pretty un-American.

Obama said that Obamacare, the context of his speech, would not require people to give up health care insurance that they were happy with.

Why would anyone assume that he was talking for insurance companies? That’s a pretty bizarre assumption.

It's the regulations IN ObamaCare that are REQUIRING insurance companies to drop these people's policies because they don't meet the stipulations of the ACA. How can you not blame ObamaCare for that?

So I ask again...did President Obama LIE repeatedly to get the ACA passed? Yes or no?

You think that outlawing inadequate coverage was bad?

I think that insurance companies flimflaming their customers into buying inadequate coverage is infinitely worse.

The answer to your question is no. You not understanding that his context was Obamacare is, well, pretty....... Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say unthinking.

So we're just NOW discovering that "inadequate coverage" (as defined by the Obama Administration) won't be allowed? Funny how THAT wasn't mentioned while this law was being sold to the American public!

What the ACA does is eliminate choices for consumers. Don't think you need a plan that covers prenatal and maternity costs because you're 50 years old and had your tubes tied ten years ago? TOUGH! You're getting it whether you need it or not because someone in the GOVERNMENT has decided that's the way it's going to be!

The real "flim flam" took place when Barry, Harry and Nancy sold this crap to the American people in the first place. They knew it was awful legislation. They knew there was ZERO chance of it costing what they SAID it was going to cost. They knew that telling people they could keep their insurance if they liked it, wasn't going to happen. They knew that telling people if they liked their doctor they could keep them was a promise they couldn't deliver on.

How Long Has the PPACA/Obamacare Been in Effect?

Tamara Holmes Jul 8 2013 10:20 AM

If you’re unsure whether Obamacare is the law of the land, you’re not alone. An April 2013 Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 42 percent of Americans don’t know that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – the official name for Obamacare – is already impacting health care for millions of Americans.

What is it with people and the website thingie? What is it with people and the multi-part roll out of Obamacare that is so difficult for them to grasp?

Is it the rightwing noise machine, or Obama's shitty public relations team? Why are people so ignorant and confused?

The highly exaggerated cost estimates, the floating numbers of sign ups, and tbe "Obama lies!" Is getting so boring so fast. Darrell Issa better hurry up and invent another crisis before the wet noodlers lose their steam.

I hate to break this to you, Dante but the cost increases on ObamaCare are going to be STAGGERING! You can see it happening now with this small roll out sample. The people that are signing up on the State exchanges (because those are the only ones that work!) are not buying the private insurance policies...by an 80-20 ratio they are signing up for medicaid because they are low income and qualify for subsidized premiums. The ones that ARE buying the private insurance policies are almost all seriously ill from pre-existing conditions. So you've got the people who are counting on Uncle Sam to pay most of their bill and you've got the people that are really sick and are going to cost an arm and a leg to care for. So where does the money come from to pay for all this? Quite simply? It's going to have to be picked up by the government and part of that cost will be passed along to the consumer in the form of higher premiums.

If you're a "Middle Class" person get ready to be hit with some SERIOUS increases to your health care premiums. Also get ready to see our already bloated National debt go into hyper-drive as the REAL costs of the ACA rear their ugly heads.

Last edited:
What kind of society do we want to live in. That is the deciding factor and increasingly people like [MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION] are on the wrong side of society and history.

I may be a Luddite at heart, but some of these fools take themselves way too seriously

We already pay the bills for those people with our taxes with Medicaid (MediCal in California). Makes more sense to put the money out up front that to chase after the problem with money. Also, since the ACA emphasizes preventative care, which is non existent in Medicaid, that alone will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run.

What kind of society do we want to live in. That is the deciding factor and increasingly people like [MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION] are on the wrong side of society and history.

I may be a Luddite at heart, but some of these fools take themselves way too seriously

I'd like to live in a society where a Big Brother Government doesn't make decisions for me on HOW I live my life! I'd like to live in a society where people who don't work can't vote to take away the possessions of those who do. I'd like to live in a society where those who build profitable businesses that employ others aren't treated like criminals or ATM's. I'd like to live in a society where the media simply reports what's happened in an unbiased fashion and let's ME decide how I feel about it! I'd like to live in a society where politicians care more about the country's well being than they do about their own personal agendas and pensions!

We already pay the bills for those people with our taxes with Medicaid (MediCal in California). Makes more sense to put the money out up front that to chase after the problem with money. Also, since the ACA emphasizes preventative care, which is non existent in Medicaid, that alone will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run.

Stop making sense! It unnerves the natives :cool:

If you think that ObamaCare is going to save money...then you've obviously not studied what it consists of. This was not "health care reform" designed to lower costs...this was health care reform designed to give subsidized health care to the poor and have the Middle Class pick up the tab for it. When you blow away all the smoke and break all the mirrors...that's what is left. It's wealth redistribution. Always was...always will be.

This will be fun than grandpa.

Flail away.

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like you healthcare plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away from you, no matter what.”

Show us the context, you won't fare well with the nuts and bolts of the ACA.

The context is Obamacare numbnuts, not the private insurance business.

One thing that conservatives have taught us is to never assume that things can be sufficiently dumbed down or simplified. That no matter how carefully government is explained the party of irresponsibility will be confused and hostile, and will go to ridiculous extremes to denigrate the country, the President, our people, our government, and all progress.

Pretty un-American.

Not even a nice try, you are just as ignorant as the rest of these lemmings...PMZ.....poor PMZ.

Never mind that it is the ACA itself that is causing all of these plans to go away. ;)

It's the regulations IN ObamaCare that are REQUIRING insurance companies to drop these people's policies because they don't meet the stipulations of the ACA. How can you not blame ObamaCare for that?

So I ask again...did President Obama LIE repeatedly to get the ACA passed? Yes or no?

You think that outlawing inadequate coverage was bad?

I think that insurance companies flimflaming their customers into buying inadequate coverage is infinitely worse.

The answer to your question is no. You not understanding that his context was Obamacare is, well, pretty....... Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say unthinking.

So we're just NOW discovering that "inadequate coverage" (as defined by the Obama Administration) won't be allowed? Funny how THAT wasn't mentioned while this law was being sold to the American public!

What the ACA does is eliminate choices for consumers. Don't think you need a plan that covers prenatal and maternity costs because you're 50 years old and had your tubes tied ten years ago? TOUGH! You're getting it whether you need it or not because someone in the GOVERNMENT has decided that's the way it's going to be!

The real "flim flam" took place when Barry, Harry and Nancy sold this crap to the American people in the first place. They knew it was awful legislation. They knew there was ZERO chance of it costing what they SAID it was going to cost. They knew that telling people they could keep their insurance if they liked it, wasn't going to happen. They knew that telling people if they liked their doctor they could keep them was a promise they couldn't deliver on.

If you want the best of inadequate coverage, and the cheapest of health insurance, send me $500 monthly. Don't call me, I'll call you when you have a covered and reimbursable expense.

If you think that ObamaCare is going to save money...then you've obviously not studied what it consists of. This was not "health care reform" designed to lower costs...this was health care reform designed to give subsidized health care to the poor and have the Middle Class pick up the tab for it. When you blow away all the smoke and break all the mirrors...that's what is left. It's wealth redistribution. Always was...always will be.

It was never sold as health care reform. It was sold as health care insurance regulation.

Requiring everyone to be responsible for their own health care costs. And bringing the cost of those that business chooses not to pay a living wage to, for full time work, from under the table to on top.

[MENTION=40954]Antares[/MENTION]
Poor Dante....pay no attention to the truth......

You are entitled to your own whack-a-doodle 'truth' but not your own facts. :eusa_whistle:

You are projecting Dante....premiums have gone through the roof...only you, franco and PMZ seem to still have your blinders on.

"The truth, the whole truth and..."

Ever wonder why the 'truth' line is used in the courts? It is an implicit acknowledgement that people lie through omission.

What premiums are going up, on what policies? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Poor Dante....pay no attention to the truth......

You are entitled to your own whack-a-doodle 'truth' but not your own facts. :eusa_whistle:

You are projecting Dante....premiums have gone through the roof...only you, franco and PMZ seem to still have your blinders on.

Can't wait for you to quote where I said that health care insurance rates haven't followed health care delivery costs up and up and up.

Never mind that it is the ACA itself that is causing all of these plans to go away. ;)

"The truth, the whole truth and..."

Ever wonder why the 'truth' line is used in the courts? It is an implicit acknowledgement that people lie through omission.

What plans are going away, what kind of coverage did they actually give, if any at all? :eusa_whistle:

ACA isn't in the health care insurance business. It is regulation to insure that your insurance really covers your responsibility to cover the cost of your own health care.

It was never sold as health care reform. It was sold as health care insurance regulation.

Requiring everyone to be responsible for their own health care costs. And bringing the cost of those that business chooses not to pay a living wage to, for full time work, from under the table to on top.

"
It was never sold as health care reform. It was sold as health care insurance regulation."

To be fair, it was sold as both. :cool:

Forum List

Back