How is Obama qualified?

If Obama was white with his accomplishments would he be able to run for president? I seriously doubt it..

just like if romney was baptist he might have had a chance?

leave it to a righty to think that Obama's single selling point is his skin color.

Well, maybe they're tied.

But both camps get all sorts of crap laid on them. I can't tell you how many people I've met who think that Baptists are holy rollers, or snake handlers.

Mormons, at least in my experience, suffer a certain amount of censure and ridicule, but maybe it's not so overt because they associate primarily with other Mormons.

I think a Mormon would have a better chance at the White House than a Baptist. People seem almost to fear Baptists.

Oh..and my Mormon experience comes from my dad's side of the family. Mormons all.

And I'm currently represented by a Mormon senator, from my home town.

Well, maybe they're tied.

But both camps get all sorts of crap laid on them. I can't tell you how many people I've met who think that Baptists are holy rollers, or snake handlers.

Mormons, at least in my experience, suffer a certain amount of censure and ridicule, but maybe it's not so overt because they associate primarily with other Mormons.

I think a Mormon would have a better chance at the White House than a Baptist. People seem almost to fear Baptists.

MEEEEEEEEEP!

wrong answer. There is no way that mormons enjoy the same status as baptists in the American christian hierarchy of dogma. Only a catholic would suggest something so silly since catholocism is the polar opposite of evangelical baptism. You do realize that the evangelical movement in 00 and 04 wasn't a majority of catholics, right?

Wow. This is worse than I thought.

C'mon...he must have accomplished SOMETHING, at some point...

Though I guess never accomplishing anything, despite being such a well-liked guy, is in and of itself, an accomplishment.

Wow. This is worse than I thought.

C'mon...he must have accomplished SOMETHING, at some point...

Though I guess never accomplishing anything, despite being such a well-liked guy, is in and of itself, an accomplishment.

Hey, I guess they can't all be the fruits of presidential loins and, uh, ACTORS..

Hey, at least that's something.

Or mayors of NYC, who decimated rampant corruption and pulled that place up out of the gutter.

I'd rather have a pres who's...well, who's never made anybody mad!

Thankfully, the founding fathers had a different view of civil service than you.

indeed, nothing says accomplishment like having a daddy president and failing in business handed to him by those who wanted his daddies ear...

and, again, an ACTOR?

no wonder he was called the great communicator! He had lot's of acting to pull from! I tellya, what qualifications and look how HE is worshipped in the church of the GOP..

The difference being that you can actually point to some pre-presidential accomplishments made by Bush and Reagan.

Like I said, it must denote something that Obama has gotten this far and never actually done anything, except campaign successfully.

And our founding fathers chose presidential candidates who had lists as long as your arm of pre-presidential accomplishments. They didn't put guys out there who had never done anything except, once again, campaign.

Fred Thompson was a DA on Law and Order!

That makes him infinitely more qualified than Hillary or Obama.

How cute. An attempt at humor. The guy is a zero.

Giuliani's qualified. Anyone who could do to NYC what he did in his time of tenure is qualified to do anything, in my book. That place was a cess pool. People forget, because the turn around was so drastic and so quick, and has held so well. But I remember when NOBODY would think of "visiting" NYC, because it was such a mess and so hideously dangerous, even for tourists.

Clearly you've never been here. The place was a problem at certain times during the 70's, but the heavy lifting had already been done by Ed Koch. (With some setbacks during the Dinkins administration). White flight from certain areas occurred during the 60's and 70's. and the crime rate was significant at certain times, as with any urban center... but never during my adult life could people not travel around Manhattan, take in the shows, go to restaurants or our museums.

Giuliani disney-fied 42nd Street, but was heavy-handed, screwed the unions and didn't play well with others. According to the firefighters' union, the whole 9/11 thing ignores how many of our police and firemen died because of his administration's policies. Yes, he did a good job after 9/11, striking just the right tone. I find it kind of amusing that morals were so important to the right when Clinton was president, though, and are a non-issue with respect to the guy who used Gracie Mansion as his love-nest, announced his divorce in a press conference before telling Donna Hanover about it, and has no problem with Bernie Kerik's corruption. Is he qualified? I don't know if he's capable of dealing with other countries and after the mess that Baby Bush has made out of our international relationships whomever wins needs to be capable in that area. Though at least Giuliani is smarter than Baby Bush and earned his place, unlike the current occupant of the white house.

As far as your post is concerned, your ignorance about NY speaks for itself. This City was amazing before Giuliani and will be amazing long after Giuliani is a memory.

*Edit* I also find the questions about Obama being "qualified" kind of interesting given that the question isn't being asked about anyone else running for the presidency. Smacks of a bit of color-sensitiveness.

Forum List

Back