How is Obama qualified?

How is Fred Thompson qualified?

I figure the only ones that are truly qualified on the dem side are Joe Biden and Bill Richardson. On the repub side, the only one might be Romney, if I agreed with anything he says in his current incarnation, maybe McCain, again, if he hadn't spent the last 7 years acting as a shill for Bush and sucking up to the radical right.

Fred Thompson was a DA on Law and Order!

That makes him infinitely more qualified than Hillary or Obama.

Guiliani's qualified. Anyone who could do to NYC what he did in his time of tenure is qualified to do anything, in my book. That place was a cess pool. People forget, because the turn around was so drastic and so quick, and has held so well. But I remember when NOBODY would think of "visiting" NYC, because it was such a mess and so hideously dangerous, even for tourists.

Columbia grad. Successful and experienced community organizer. Harvard Law School. Editor, Law Review, Successful attorney. Best selling author. Three term Illinois State Senator. Won US Senate seat with 70% of the vote.

Success. Experience.

that stands up quite nicely with the C.V. of many successful presidents.

Barak is qualified because he is an intelligent, civic minded American with a direction for the nation and a platform that shakes off the trappings of 20th century residual politiking.

It's sure is a sad fucking state in our nation where public service must be preceded by CEO status in some corporation and good ole boy gladhanding.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Term limit amendment - US Constitution, Amendment XXII, Section 1 – ratified February 27, 1951

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

http://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html

Looks like he qualifies.

None of them are qualified except as indicated by the Constitution, as observed by Shogun.

which is really the only qualification necessary, eh?

they are just a handful of reasonably exceptional people who each want the chance to lead our nation. We all have our favorites, and we all have those who we can't stand. It is really no different than any other election cycle without an incumbent in the race.

Intelligence isn't a qualifier of anything.

To be intelligent, I'd say a candidate should have actually accomplished something, aside from getting elected.

So what has Obama actually DONE? Has he accomplished anything, except in his personal life?

I do appreciate the fact that he's getting better at attacking Clinton, which will stand us in good stead when it comes to the actual presidential race. It will give us lots of good stuff to use against Hillary.

Intelligence isn't a qualifier of anything.

To be intelligent, I'd say a candidate should have actually accomplished something, aside from getting elected.

So what has Obama actually DONE? Has he accomplished anything, except in his personal life?

I do appreciate the fact that he's getting better at attacking Clinton, which will stand us in good stead when it comes to the actual presidential race. It will give us lots of good stuff to use against Hillary.

What are you rambling about? He's served in Senate, is loved by the public, and has a record of honesty, diplomacy, and civility.

A history of civility is not exactly a huge accomplishment.

Has he actually accomplished anything, as I said, aside from getting elected??? How has he improved the lives of those around him...other than showing people how polite people act?

Has he actually accomplished anything, as I said, aside from getting elected??? How has he improved the lives of those around him...other than showing people how polite people act?

I would suggest that the south side of Chicago is pretty impressed with how he improved lives there....I think that his record as an Illinois State Senator is pretty remarkable and the kudos he received there for improving the lives of those around him are numerous.

Maybe you should do a little more reading and a little less whining?

Wants and desires aren't accomplishments.

And an endorsement from Brady pretty much brands him as a nutcase forever.

Do you just skip over anything that suggests accomplishments? Seriously AB, he was elected and re-elected to Senate and is loved by his state for the work he's done so far. How is this not an accomplishment? As for being qualified, being accomplished is only part of the equation when it comes to making a good politician. Bush had some accomplishments that afforded his election, but the other factors (character, intelligence, logic, civility, open-mindedness) all led to him being a very poor president.

I still haven't seen any actual accomplishments listed, other than 1. "He's really polite" and 2. "He got elected."

Okay, once more. Other than getting elected, what (specifically) has he done that can be listed as an accomplishment for somebody other than himself? Graduating kindergarten doesn't count, either. Nor does using the potty like a big boy. Those are big things in his personal life, I'm sure, and being a mother, I know how difficult it can be....but how exactly has he improved lives?

Because all I'm reading are sound bites generated by an election machine, with zero substance.

what does it take? being pampered into a position as a failing OIL tycoon wannabe because his father happens to be the president of the united states?

If you can read the constitution then perhaps you can point out where civic duty is the product of a corporate resume. What the hell did Ronald Reagan do before running for governor of California?

I still haven't seen any actual accomplishments listed, other than 1. "He's really polite" and 2. "He got elected."

Okay, once more. Other than getting elected, what (specifically) has he done that can be listed as an accomplishment for somebody other than himself? Graduating kindergarten doesn't count, either. Nor does using the potty like a big boy. Those are big things in his personal life, I'm sure, and being a mother, I know how difficult it can be....but how exactly has he improved lives?

Because all I'm reading are sound bites generated by an election machine, with zero substance.

I suggest you get off your ass and go read about what he actually got accomplished as a long time community organizer in South Chicago. I suggest you go read his record of legislative accomplishments while serving in the Illinois State Senate. If you are all that fucking interested in what his qualifications are, go find out and quit expecting a computer message board to hand feed you your info, and then whining when it is not to your liking.

You must be about 15 years old.

Forum List

Back