Question for the women

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midcan5, Nov 27, 2007.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,303
    Who do you support for president and why?

On the news this evening there was a great deal of talk about how women are now the majority, of the number of single woman, and the fact that many are behind Hillary. Also there was talk about bread and butter issues among single woman and this drew them more to the democrats as the social darwinist republicans want you married and tied to the kitchen sink. The demographics are interesting. It was also noted that woman are more likely to want strong government as a supporting structure.

And the wives / girlfriends opinions too.

"Madame President of the United States ... it's an extraordinary thought, Hillary Clinton has already proven to a generation of women that there are no limits for success." Barbara Streisand

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    If I had my druthers it would be Biden because I think his ideas on Iraq are the most do-able and rational. I trust him on the other issues, as well. He's a moderate and that's what I'd like to see. But I'll vote the Democratic nominee. Assuming it's Hillary, I'll hold my nose and vote for her.

3. Alucard

Alucard VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Biden?... Rational?... Trustworthy?... Moderate?...:cuckoo:

You are a dillusional fool...b

You would vote for Mickey Mouse if he was the Democratic nominee...:eusa_wall:

4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    Why is it always the really stupid right-wingers who insult me and the really smart ones rep me after our discussions. lol... Go figure.

good on.

And you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Though I will say almost (and note I said "almost") any of the democratic candidates is head and shoulders above the Baby-bush reduxes running.

And the thread asked a question. It didn't say "hey, answer this and some brain dead kool aid drinker will jump out and say stupid stuff...."

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I'd rather see Biden than as the nominee than the other two. And i would probably vote for Biden over a few of the GOP's menu choices.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    Thanks, GL. You think the ijit will jump in and insult you now? :eusa_think: :razz:

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    If they want. I'm an American first, and vote for whoever I think is best for the job. Seems a lot of people have forgotten about that.

8. Alucard

Alucard VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I guess your speaking of fools like jillian when you say some people have forgotten about voting for the best person for the job...

I mean... she is the one that said she would "hold her nose and vote for Hillary" regardless of what was best for the country...

As far as you go Jillian... I just call a spade a spade... and a jackass a jackass... You just fit the stupid asshole profile so perfectly its hard to ignore....sorry

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

but you see... the democratic primary process pretty much insures that Mickey Mouse will not win the nomination. Now, I will admit that, as in 2004, my party does not always pick the very BEST of the candidates running - from my perspective - but I am confident that the party, as a whole, is smart enough not to nominate a mouse...or a Kucinich...or a Sharpton....or a Gravel... but someone who is relatively qualified, even if not ultimately electable. Adlai Stevenson was one smart motherfucker.... and we nominated him twice...and Ike kicked his ass twice....but he sure as hell was no Mickey Mouse.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I was not referring to Jillian specifically. I was referring to anyone who puts partisan politics ahead of what's best for this Nation as a whole.

If you would like to persuade Jillian to your way of thinking, a sound argument based on fact and logic just might go a little further than insulting her.

The fact is, I can't stand Hillary, and like OBama even less. But then I have to ask WHAT is the GOP offering? Right off the bat I see two Libertarians and a liberal calling himself a conservative and LEADING the GOP polls.

The fact is, the Democrats don't have to do a thing to win this election. The GOP is destroying itself from within. It started whenever they decided to abandon conservative idealism.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1