Question for the women

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Who do you support for president and why?

On the news this evening there was a great deal of talk about how women are now the majority, of the number of single woman, and the fact that many are behind Hillary. Also there was talk about bread and butter issues among single woman and this drew them more to the democrats as the social darwinist republicans want you married and tied to the kitchen sink. The demographics are interesting. It was also noted that woman are more likely to want strong government as a supporting structure.

And the wives / girlfriends opinions too.

"Madame President of the United States ... it's an extraordinary thought, Hillary Clinton has already proven to a generation of women that there are no limits for success." Barbara Streisand

If I had my druthers it would be Biden because I think his ideas on Iraq are the most do-able and rational. I trust him on the other issues, as well. He's a moderate and that's what I'd like to see. But I'll vote the Democratic nominee. Assuming it's Hillary, I'll hold my nose and vote for her.

If I had my druthers it would be Biden because I think his ideas on Iraq are the most do-able and rational. I trust him on the other issues, as well. He's a moderate and that's what I'd like to see. But I'll vote the Democratic nominee. Assuming it's Hillary, I'll hold my nose and vote for her.

Biden?... Rational?... Trustworthy?... Moderate?...:cuckoo:

You are a dillusional fool...b

You would vote for Mickey Mouse if he was the Democratic nominee...:eusa_wall:

Why is it always the really stupid right-wingers who insult me and the really smart ones rep me after our discussions. lol... Go figure.

good on.

And you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Though I will say almost (and note I said "almost") any of the democratic candidates is head and shoulders above the Baby-bush reduxes running.

And the thread asked a question. It didn't say "hey, answer this and some brain dead kool aid drinker will jump out and say stupid stuff...."

I'd rather see Biden than as the nominee than the other two. And i would probably vote for Biden over a few of the GOP's menu choices.

If they want. I'm an American first, and vote for whoever I think is best for the job. Seems a lot of people have forgotten about that.

I guess your speaking of fools like jillian when you say some people have forgotten about voting for the best person for the job...

I mean... she is the one that said she would "hold her nose and vote for Hillary" regardless of what was best for the country...

As far as you go Jillian... I just call a spade a spade... and a jackass a jackass... You just fit the stupid asshole profile so perfectly its hard to ignore....sorry

but you see... the democratic primary process pretty much insures that Mickey Mouse will not win the nomination. Now, I will admit that, as in 2004, my party does not always pick the very BEST of the candidates running - from my perspective - but I am confident that the party, as a whole, is smart enough not to nominate a mouse...or a Kucinich...or a Sharpton....or a Gravel... but someone who is relatively qualified, even if not ultimately electable. Adlai Stevenson was one smart motherfucker.... and we nominated him twice...and Ike kicked his ass twice....but he sure as hell was no Mickey Mouse.

I guess your speaking of fools like jillian when you say some people have forgotten about voting for the best person for the job...

I mean... she is the one that said she would "hold her nose and vote for Hillary" regardless of what was best for the country...

As far as you go Jillian... I just call a spade a spade... and a jackass a jackass... You just fit the stupid asshole profile so perfectly its hard to ignore....sorry

I was not referring to Jillian specifically. I was referring to anyone who puts partisan politics ahead of what's best for this Nation as a whole.

If you would like to persuade Jillian to your way of thinking, a sound argument based on fact and logic just might go a little further than insulting her.

The fact is, I can't stand Hillary, and like OBama even less. But then I have to ask WHAT is the GOP offering? Right off the bat I see two Libertarians and a liberal calling himself a conservative and LEADING the GOP polls.

The fact is, the Democrats don't have to do a thing to win this election. The GOP is destroying itself from within. It started whenever they decided to abandon conservative idealism.

b
I was not referring to Jillian specifically. I was referring to anyone who puts partisan politics ahead of what's best for this Nation as a whole.

If you would like to persuade Jillian to your way of thinking, a sound argument based on fact and logic just might go a little further than insulting her.

The fact is, I can't stand Hillary, and like OBama even less. But then I have to ask WHAT is the GOP offering? Right off the bat I see two Libertarians and a liberal calling himself a conservative and LEADING the GOP polls.

The fact is, the Democrats don't have to do a thing to win this election. The GOP is destroying itself from within. It started whenever they decided to abandon conservative idealism.

Persuade jillian with facts???

"Earth to Gunny"...Jillian ignores facts becuase they dont fit her anti-american agenda... I've been there, and done that with that fool...

Thanks for the advice... But I think I'll stick with the insults when dealing with scum!

but you see... the democratic primary process pretty much insures that Mickey Mouse will not win the nomination. Now, I will admit that, as in 2004, my party does not always pick the very BEST of the candidates running - from my perspective - but I am confident that the party, as a whole, is smart enough not to nominate a mouse...or a Kucinich...or a Sharpton....or a Gravel... but someone who is relatively qualified, even if not ultimately electable. Adlai Stevenson was one smart motherfucker.... and we nominated him twice...and Ike kicked his ass twice....but he sure as hell was no Mickey Mouse.

I hear you MM... But when someone says they will hold their nose and vote for Hillary regardless of her credentials or ability it makes me sick...

Bad news by the way... I wnt to the County Democrats club meeting last week.. And they are all high on Huckabee (R)... What is up with that?

It seems the Democrats in NJ are getting a little disenchanted with Democratic nominees...

In reality...this is in fact what Jillian actually said..."But I'll vote the Democratic nominee. "

Is that plain enough.....? Shes a hack....any jackass party member will do...same as maineman.....another hack....:rofl:

I am a conservative, yet since I have been able to vote, the only politician I've really liked, who I thought was honest, hard-working, bright, and articulate enough for a really huge job, has been Tony Blair. But I was in the wrong country to vote for Blair. In recent times, the US has not produced a politician remotely near his caliber.

I have made no choice yet for 2008. And I am not enthusiastic about any of the candidates.

In reality...this is in fact what Jillian actually said..."But I'll vote the Democratic nominee. "

Is that plain enough.....? Shes a hack....any jackass party member will do...same as maineman.....another hack....:rofl:

I guess you missed the part where she qualified it with the fact she thinks ALL of the Republican Nominees are crap, thus making any of the Dems better then them?

And why are all us guys posting in a thread asking for women's input?

Who do you support for president and why?

On the news this evening there was a great deal of talk about how women are now the majority, of the number of single woman, and the fact that many are behind Hillary. Also there was talk about bread and butter issues among single woman and this drew them more to the democrats as the social darwinist republicans want you married and tied to the kitchen sink. The demographics are interesting. It was also noted that woman are more likely to want strong government as a supporting structure.

And the wives / girlfriends opinions too.

"Madame President of the United States ... it's an extraordinary thought, Hillary Clinton has already proven to a generation of women that there are no limits for success." Barbara Streisand

On the evil Democratic side I would have to say I would vote for Senator Chris Dodd as he is by far the most experienced and their best choice. On the right it will be John McCain and Duncan Hunter.

I guess you missed the part where she qualified it with the fact she thinks ALL of the Republican Nominees are crap, thus making any of the Dems better then them?

And why are all us guys posting in a thread asking for women's input?

Because he was trolling and decided he'd kill discussion because he isn't smart enough to have a real discussion. :bowdown:

Too bad, because it might have been interesting. Ah well...

And perhaps you saw where I also said I'd have a difficult time NOT voting for Michael Bloomberg and Chuck Hegel if they ran as independents, though I wouldn't waste my vote on someone thereby allowing one of the repubs in.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/463/campaign-2008-voter-groups

"There is also a stark gender gap, with a plurality of women rating Clinton as the most inspiring, and a plurality of men choosing Obama. But the largest gap in perceptions is across educational lines. By an overwhelming 48% to 18% margin, Democrats with a college degree see Obama as more inspiring than Hillary Clinton. But among Democrats who did not attend college, Clinton has a large advantage (43%-21%).

There is also a significant difference of opinion among Democrats over which candidate has the best experience to be president, with equal numbers naming Al Gore and Hillary Clinton (39% each).
Figure

For the most part it is men, the more educated, the more liberal, and younger Democrats who see Gore as the candidate of experience, while women, less educated Democrats, and moderate and older Democrats who give Clinton the edge on experience. "

Wasn't Biden the one with the brain tumor?

Forum List

Back