How do you Relax/Destress from Life

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
What techniques, activities and processes do you use to relax, destress and calm yourself from the chaos of life?

Personally I have a number of varied techniques use…

I find reading books that draw me in and capture my whole attention to be very relaxing. I can truly get lost in a good book for hours at a time.

I also use HOT showers as a stress reliever. Just standing in the shower with my eyes closed (and often the lights off) and letting the hot water just hammer down in my head/back and soak in the warmth.

I also find just sitting/laying in dark and silent spaces for extended periods of time to be very relaxing. I don’t necessarily meditate but just clearing the mind and letting my body soil in the nothingness of the dark and silence.

In a very opposite trend I also find violence and screaming to be extremely therapeutic. Whether it’s screaming, cursing and shouting at something or actually physically destroying an object that is the focus of my frustrations (never a living creature) can be extremely relaxing.

cat-shooting.gif

What techniques, activities and processes do you use to relax, destress and calm yourself from the chaos of life?

I find reading books that draw me in and capture my whole attention to be very relaxing. I can truly get lost in a good book for hours at a time.

I also use HOT showers as a stress reliever. Just standing in the shower with my eyes closed (and often the lights off) and letting the hot water just hammer down in my head/back and soak in the warmth.

I also find just sitting/laying in dark and silent spaces for extended periods of time to be very relaxing. I don’t necessarily meditate but just clearing the mind and letting my body soil in the nothingness of the dark and silence.

In a very opposite trend I also find violence and screaming to be extremely therapeutic. Whether it’s screaming, cursing and shouting at something or actually physically destroying an object that is the focus of my frustrations (never a living creature) can be extremely relaxing.
Alcohol

That would be great, just read a book or take a shower. That is what I do in bath anyway. After that I still hate the fucking folks around me. Very simple: it isn´t me, it´s them. They have to go.

I think about Ruth Ginsberg pounding on the lid of her coffin and it cheers me up

I haven't read a book in 30 years. That has helped. At 93 I run a 5 k per day on my property and stick to my swedish roots. Avoid people.

Forum List

Back