How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I guess that I need to buy a program. Donny got everyone scared of Mexicans, and Muslims. Just when I find out about how they are all out to kill and rape me, I find out that I need Captain Midnight in the Space Force because his best friends, the Russians, are going to kill me from outer space. He may also be talking about the Chinese, but, I doubt it, since they have only recently put together their first aircraft carrier. I need to sign up for the email service from Trump headquarters on what paranoid threat I need to take seriously this week.
Space Force is an extension of Trumps wall

No existing threat
Any threat is significantly less than the current nuclear threat

I am more worried about a cyber attack than a satellite attack

Why don’t we form a Cyber Force!

Wow, you really avoid any real news, don't you? Honest, you really don't get all the news, much as they tell you what you enjoy hearing, from CNN, MSNBC and so forth.

U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) conducts information dominance and cyberspace operations as the Army service component command of United States Cyber Command.[2][3]

Do you see the “Army” in there?
It is a function within the Army

Same should apply to Space Force. Make it a function of the Air Force

You claimed one did not exist and should be established. I simply proved you wrong, again. Why not just admit you were wrong and go on your way?
I claimed no such thing

Cyber Defense is split among the forces
I said there is no separate force to guard against cyber attacks or lead cyber attacks

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.

well don't over do it, but don't neglect to set up a space force either..

can't stay behind the Chinese capabilities, nor the Russians',

I don't. NASA is already the agency which ought to prepare for such a danger. A new branch of the Military is sure to bring forward more boondoggles like the F-35. The Military needs to explain the details of their concern, and let the rocket scientists figure out the solution.

The big concern is an attack on communication satellites, and closing down our command and control communications. Admirals and Generals aren't needed for such technology to be developed, and when the military industrial complex sees money it will find needs.

No existing threat

Wow, you really avoid any real news, don't you? Honest, you really don't get all the news, much as they tell you what you enjoy hearing, from CNN, MSNBC and so forth.

U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) conducts information dominance and cyberspace operations as the Army service component command of United States Cyber Command.[2][3]

It already is a function of the air force. The question is if it should have its own command. The Air Force used to be a function of the army as well. Turns out that is silly with the current technology, we needed a command structure that could focus on the specific needs and mission that air power required.

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

Space force sounds silly, but in reality, do y’all realize how much of our military and civilian technology solely relies on space satellites? Satelites that China can now shoot out of the sky. It’s actually an extremely vulnerable part of our society. Imagine taking away all cell phone reception for all Americans, or GPS’s, we’d be in chaos immediately. How are you going to stop someone from putting one of their satellites into a decaying orbit aimed at New York City? Not to forget, space is a great place to put weapons, nukes, kinetic kill weapons, and there wouldn’t be anything we could do to stop them.

It’s a stupid name, it’s being marketed retardedly, but frankly it’s overdue by about 10 years. 8 billion is a drop in the bucket for something we are so vulnerable too. especially when contrasted to the plans that the likes of Bernie and Occasio-Cortez advocate for which in total, from estimates produced by Vox, is 65 trillion in 10 years. That’s only about 10 trillion more than all the money being circulated in the world currently. As Chris Delia would say, “you do the math.”

What I’d prefer to see done before space force, is sheild our freaking power grid from a carrington event. It’s not a matter of if it will happen but when. They happen every 100 years plus or minus 50 or so. Last one was in the later 1800’s, and all the telegraph lines caught on fire instantaneously. If it were to happen today, whoever would survive the initial fires of their houses burning down, 90% of those folks would die within a year from starvation, or probably from their neighbors turned cannibals. Let’s get that done first please. A lot of people would still die, but at least we would still have power sources that we could get up and running for things like food storage, medicine, etc.
We have 65 acres up north in a very remote area. Plenty of deer, bear and other game to shoot and a little river runs thru it so we hopefully we could survive. That would be my plan anyways.

And I live on a lake so if things didn’t get too bad I could maybe survive on fish and lake water

Space force sounds silly, but in reality, do y’all realize how much of our military and civilian technology solely relies on space satellites? Satelites that China can now shoot out of the sky. It’s actually an extremely vulnerable part of our society. Imagine taking away all cell phone reception for all Americans, or GPS’s, we’d be in chaos immediately. How are you going to stop someone from putting one of their satellites into a decaying orbit aimed at New York City? Not to forget, space is a great place to put weapons, nukes, kinetic kill weapons, and there wouldn’t be anything we could do to stop them.

It’s a stupid name, it’s being marketed retardedly, but frankly it’s overdue by about 10 years. 8 billion is a drop in the bucket for something we are so vulnerable too. especially when contrasted to the plans that the likes of Bernie and Occasio-Cortez advocate for which in total, from estimates produced by Vox, is 65 trillion in 10 years. That’s only about 10 trillion more than all the money being circulated in the world currently. As Chris Delia would say, “you do the math.”

What I’d prefer to see done before space force, is sheild our freaking power grid from a carrington event. It’s not a matter of if it will happen but when. They happen every 100 years plus or minus 50 or so. Last one was in the later 1800’s, and all the telegraph lines caught on fire instantaneously. If it were to happen today, whoever would survive the initial fires of their houses burning down, 90% of those folks would die within a year from starvation, or probably from their neighbors turned cannibals. Let’s get that done first please. A lot of people would still die, but at least we would still have power sources that we could get up and running for things like food storage, medicine, etc.
We have 65 acres up north in a very remote area. Plenty of deer, bear and other game to shoot and a little river runs thru it so we hopefully we could survive. That would be my plan anyways.

And I live on a lake so if things didn’t get too bad I could maybe survive on fish and lake water
The problem with that will always be numbers. To many people fighting over very little wild space.

You would honestly be better off on the ocean.

The problem with that will always be numbers. To many people fighting over very little wild space.

No way. Salt water.

And none of our neighbors would need to hunt or get water on our land. They have their own properties. Everybody has more land than we do. It’s communities like this that will survive. Anyone in a city or subdivision yes will be screwed but this is out on a dirt road in a very remote place.

How you gonna drink at the ocean? And how are you immune to people coming to your lakefront property to loot? We would see them coming a mile away.

Are you talking about ON a boat? Where you collect rainwater? How about a Great Lake? Then you wouldn’t die of thirst when it didn’t rain and you can jump in

No way. Salt water.

And none of our neighbors would need to hunt or get water on our land. They have their own properties. Everybody has more land than we do. It’s communities like this that will survive. Anyone in a city or subdivision yes will be screwed but this is out on a dirt road in a very remote place.

How you gonna drink at the ocean? And how are you immune to people coming to your lakefront property to loot? We would see them coming a mile away.

Are you talking about ON a boat? Where you collect rainwater? How about a Great Lake? Then you wouldn’t die of thirst when it didn’t rain and you can jump in
Great lake is a good idea. You can desalinate water on a small scale without to much problem.

The problem with 'remote' areas is that people from the city are not going to stay there - they are going to go to those remote areas and essentially kill all the game. If we are talking an end to civilization type disaster (and mind you I don't see that happening on that scale anytime soon) then the cities will fall VERY FAST and those people will run to any open area they can find.

No way. Salt water.

Great lake is a good idea. You can desalinate water on a small scale without to much problem.

The problem with 'remote' areas is that people from the city are not going to stay there - they are going to go to those remote areas and essentially kill all the game. If we are talking an end to civilization type disaster (and mind you I don't see that happening on that scale anytime soon) then the cities will fall VERY FAST and those people will run to any open area they can find.
Like on walking dead those remote places would be ruled by militias

No existing threat

It already is a function of the air force. The question is if it should have its own command. The Air Force used to be a function of the army as well. Turns out that is silly with the current technology, we needed a command structure that could focus on the specific needs and mission that air power required.
Yet the Air Force mission is split among the Navy and Marines with the Army having its own close combat support

Why do we need a force in space?

No way. Salt water.

Like on walking dead those remote places would be ruled by militias
I live by a nuclear power plant so I’m pretty much screwed. By the time I’d bike out of the area, I’d probably be exposed to too much radiation poisoning. So yea can we faraday shield that shit so it and all other nuke plants so they don’t melt down...on top of the power.

Also fish is probably the way to go, get a deer when you can but you have to worry about meat storage. Or share with your neighbors. Then when they get a deer, they’ll share with you.

Stupid and costly idea.
One thing is certain. If we stay on this rock we one day will go extinct. Knowing that, it seems imperative we start exploring outer space. Is there life in mars or Europa? There’s water. We need to mine the meteorbelt. We need to have the ability to divert meteors.

We need to master the universe. I know it’s not top priority for you but it should be for us

Only way that is gonna happen is if the world finally comes together in peace.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.

No existing threat

Yet the Air Force mission is split among the Navy and Marines with the Army having its own close combat support

Because we are already there and we are not the only ones that are interested in using that advantage. Personally I would like to see a lot more on the exploration side - I would have no issue giving that 8 billion right over to NASA but that is not likely to happen either.

Russia has had ICBMs aimed at us for over 50 years
They do not attack us because they know the retaliation would be fierce

Same as our satellites
Well the Soviet Union and the US have never really been at war.

Shooting down another country's satellites is an act of war. It would be done to either destroy the other country's infrastructure or stop them from spying.

The Korean and Vietnam wars were not directly the US vs the Soviets, but in the future you could expect a country like Vietnam to be able to shoot down satellites.

Using nuclear weapons is a different thing, countries at war would avoid doing that unless a madman is in power or they are desperate, both scary scenarios for the future.

No existing threat

Isn't that what they said about the USAF initially?
We have the Army Air Corp why do we need a seperate Space Force

Seven years behind schedule? Who was President when this thing was started and who is now trying to get it back on track (along with a great many other things that were screwed up the by the seven years ago guy)?

Seven years behind schedule? Who was President when this thing was started and who is now trying to get it back on track (along with a great many other things that were screwed up the by the seven years ago guy)?

Actually, Jr. is the one that cancelled it originally, wanting to replace it with another program that was Houston based. When 2010 came around, and the program was way over budget, Obama canceled the replacement.

The End Of The Space Shuttle Program Hurts Houston Pride And Economy | HuffPost

The first blow came in 2004, when then-President George W. Bush announced the end of the space shuttle program. His plan was to replace it with a return-to-the-moon program run out of Houston.

Then in 2010, President Barack Obama canceled that over-budget Houston-centric shuttle replacement program. He proposed going to an asteroid in a plan that at the moment is less detailed, especially when it comes to Houston’s role. The concept relies on private companies to take NASA’s place when it comes to shuttling people to Earth’s orbit and the International Space Station, with NASA buying rides on these private ships. Many of those private companies – including the acknowledged leader, SpaceX, have little connection to Houston.

of course we should be there , not just a USA presence but USA should be in Space as the Dominant Force . Space may be a War Fighting Domain someday and USA Needs to be the best as we are on Earth , the Skies and the Deep Blue Seas .

Forum List

Back