How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who thinks we do not already have one? Right now it is under the purview of the air force, kind of like how the air used to belong to the army until a separate command was created.

The question here is if space is in need of its own command or can the air force handle it along with airspace close to earth.

I don't understand the left's general dislike of space programs. Cost should be irrelevant when speaking to the left - I thought government spending was a boon for the economy and better for the country. Suddenly that is no longer the case?
I support space programs that provide a benefit and make sense

Space Force doesn’t
Protecting ourselves and our assets isn't a benefit? Really?:rolleyes-41:

Nobody is threatening our assets
Spending billions to fight imaginary threats in space is as wasteful as spending $30 billion for a wall against imaginary threats
You are really laughable, RW. Does your security clearance give this privileged information, or are you assuming you're right?
Russia's Kosmos 2521 satellite could very well be a weaponized satellite. Yet, you call that imaginary only because they haven't used
it yet. Seems you would rather react to a tragedy than be proactive in preventing a tragedy.
It's a new age, the horse and buggy has been replaced, try and catch up, dude.
Russia has had ICBMs aimed at us for over 50 years
They do not attack us because they know the retaliation would be fierce

Same as our satellites
They didn't attack us, because WE HAVE ICBM's, also.

You're not even putting up a good argument, RW.

I support space programs that provide a benefit and make sense

Space Force doesn’t

Spending billions to fight imaginary threats in space is as wasteful as spending $30 billion for a wall against imaginary threats
You are really laughable, RW. Does your security clearance give this privileged information, or are you assuming you're right?
Russia's Kosmos 2521 satellite could very well be a weaponized satellite. Yet, you call that imaginary only because they haven't used
it yet. Seems you would rather react to a tragedy than be proactive in preventing a tragedy.

Same as our satellites

And?

Have you guys ever heard of something called a "kinetic weapon"? Its where they take a large object made of heavy metals and launch it from low earth orbit at a target on the ground.

Basically, it's a man made meteor storm, and the impact on the ground is similar to a nuclear strike, but without all the fallout.

The Pentagon’s New Super Weapon Is Basically A Weaponized Meteor Strike

Toiling away as a Boeing operations researcher in the afterglow of the Manhattan Project and the Soviet Union’s First Lightning nuclear test in 1949, the U.S. Army veteran envisioned a weapons system armed not with munitions and other chemical explosives, but massive rods forged from heavy metals dropped from sub-orbital heights. Those “tungsten thunderbolts,” as the New York Times called them, would impact enemy strongholds below with the devastating velocity of a dino-exterminating impact, obliterating highly fortified targets — like, say, Iranian centrifuges or North Korean bunkers — without the mess of nuclear fallout.
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress..

https://amzn.to/2MuOzRm

DkYjL7MXsAAof2m.jpg

Same as our satellites

And?
They weaponize their satellites, so do we.....that's the "and"
If I didn't know you as well as I do I would think you're trying to bring the US down to it's knees. Wait.....I don't know you, hmmmm....

Same as our satellites

And?
If I didn't know you as well as I do I would think you're trying to bring the US down to it's knees. Wait.....I don't know you, hmmmm....

No existing threat
Any threat is significantly less than the current nuclear threat

I am more worried about a cyber attack than a satellite attack

Why don’t we form a Cyber Force!

Same as our satellites

And?

No existing threat

Do you even realize the impact of taking out our strategic satellites would cause? Have you given that a thought?
Communications, cameras, GPS. Think about the impact and the disadvantage we would be in if we were under assault
Don't be so shallow minded....start looking at the big picture. I'm done with you on this subject, because I find it hard
to discuss it with someone who lacks common sense.

Same as our satellites

And?

No existing threat

Do you even realize the impact of taking out our strategic satellites would cause? Have you given that a thought?
Communications, cameras, GPS. Think about the impact and the disadvantage we would be in if we were under assault
Don't be so shallow minded....start looking at the big picture. I'm done with you on this subject, because I find it hard
We have had strategic satellites for 50 years

Remember the USSR? They never messed with them
Neither would Russia or China

Our retaliation would be too damaging

And?

No existing threat

And just how would you deliver the damage????? GPS? Eyes In the Sky? Communication???? Remember, they would be gone.
Technology has come a long way since the beginning of century.....things have changed. :rolleyes-41:

No existing threat

Wow, you really avoid any real news, don't you? Honest, you really don't get all the news, much as they tell you what you enjoy hearing, from CNN, MSNBC and so forth.

U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) conducts information dominance and cyberspace operations as the Army service component command of United States Cyber Command.[2][3]

No existing threat

Wow, you really avoid any real news, don't you? Honest, you really don't get all the news, much as they tell you what you enjoy hearing, from CNN, MSNBC and so forth.

U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) conducts information dominance and cyberspace operations as the Army service component command of United States Cyber Command.[2][3]

Do you see the “Army” in there?
It is a function within the Army

Same should apply to Space Force. Make it a function of the Air Force

Russia is more confrontational, especially with President Putin.

China is far more patient. They're positioning themselves like a grandmaster chess player.

They learned from us that for economic growth, they need cheap, plentiful energy. They are building sophisticated coal plants, nuclear plants, solar, hydro, wind power plants. At the same time failed President Barack Hussein Obama was working hard to increase the cost of our energy as much as possible. Sadly, for you and Obama, capitalism and good ol' American ingenuity brought fracking to the Dakota's and kept our prices down.

They are turning out submarines with rocket capability as fast as possible. They have a submarine base, hidden inside a mountain with only underwater access so we can't tell how many they have or where they are located. Thanks to Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton China controls the ports at both ends of the greatly enlarged Panama Canal. They also control our largest port on the West Coast, the Port of Long Beach.

Former President Bill Clinton made our sophisticated rocket guidance and rocket motors available to them and now they have rockets with pinpoint accuracy. They have also launched a rocket which destroyed one of their dead satellites. Prior to Clinton pocketing millions from China, they couldn't hit the Pacific Ocean with one of their rockets.

Sadly, we plan in four-year increments. China plans by the century.

Knowing our luck, our space force will be like Buck Rogers..

Where the women are hot, hot and the men are ghey as fuck...

9327e5574b4780b831f3cf6d1e882f83.jpg

Stupid and costly idea.
One thing is certain. If we stay on this rock we one day will go extinct. Knowing that, it seems imperative we start exploring outer space. Is there life in mars or Europa? There’s water. We need to mine the meteorbelt. We need to have the ability to divert meteors.

We need to master the universe. I know it’s not top priority for you but it should be for us

Stupid and costly idea.
One thing is certain. If we stay on this rock we one day will go extinct. Knowing that, it seems imperative we start exploring outer space. Is there life in mars or Europa? There’s water. We need to mine the meteorbelt. We need to have the ability to divert meteors.

We need to master the universe. I know it’s not top priority for you but it should be for us
We had better take care of the planet we have

Stupid and costly idea.

We had better take care of the planet we have
Two different things. You eat right and exercise to live longer but you have kids so life continues.

I’m not talking about trying to extend our stay on this planet. That’s a given because this is where 99.9% of us will live and die. And there will never be a better place for us than right here. But this will all one day end no matter how much we recycle

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.
Space force sounds silly, but in reality, do y’all realize how much of our military and civilian technology solely relies on space satellites? Satelites that China can now shoot out of the sky. It’s actually an extremely vulnerable part of our society. Imagine taking away all cell phone reception for all Americans, or GPS’s, we’d be in chaos immediately. How are you going to stop someone from putting one of their satellites into a decaying orbit aimed at New York City? Not to forget, space is a great place to put weapons, nukes, kinetic kill weapons, and there wouldn’t be anything we could do to stop them.

It’s a stupid name, it’s being marketed retardedly, but frankly it’s overdue by about 10 years. 8 billion is a drop in the bucket for something we are so vulnerable too. especially when contrasted to the plans that the likes of Bernie and Occasio-Cortez advocate for which in total, from estimates produced by Vox, is 65 trillion in 10 years. That’s only about 10 trillion more than all the money being circulated in the world currently. As Chris Delia would say, “you do the math.”

What I’d prefer to see done before space force, is sheild our freaking power grid from a carrington event. It’s not a matter of if it will happen but when. They happen every 100 years plus or minus 50 or so. Last one was in the later 1800’s, and all the telegraph lines caught on fire instantaneously. If it were to happen today, whoever would survive the initial fires of their houses burning down, 90% of those folks would die within a year from starvation, or probably from their neighbors turned cannibals. Let’s get that done first please. A lot of people would still die, but at least we would still have power sources that we could get up and running for things like food storage, medicine, etc.

Well, I guess that I need to buy a program. Donny got everyone scared of Mexicans, and Muslims. Just when I find out about how they are all out to kill and rape me, I find out that I need Captain Midnight in the Space Force because his best friends, the Russians, are going to kill me from outer space. He may also be talking about the Chinese, but, I doubt it, since they have only recently put together their first aircraft carrier. I need to sign up for the email service from Trump headquarters on what paranoid threat I need to take seriously this week.

No existing threat

Do you see the “Army” in there?
It is a function within the Army

Same should apply to Space Force. Make it a function of the Air Force

You claimed one did not exist and should be established. I simply proved you wrong, again. Why not just admit you were wrong and go on your way?

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.

well don't over do it, but don't neglect to set up a space force either..

can't stay behind the Chinese capabilities, nor the Russians',

Forum List

Back