How do you feel about death?

It's a subject people don't like to talk about, but does it scare you, do you thinks there's anything after?

It doesn't bother me to talk about it, as it is something I see on a regular basis in my profession (nursing).

I tend to believe that there is something after, in the form of mental and emotional energy, which is what envision the *soul* to be, and that this is the permanent and lasting part of humans. My view is that we are souls who just happen to have a body, rather than bodies who may (or may not) have souls. At this point in my life, I'm rather content that I'm getting up in years, and won't have to spend another 50+ years here, at least not for now (I think there's a high probability that reincarnation happens). I find myself getting weary and resigned at times, because I see so many things happening that are bad indicators of the physical and mental health of the human race.

I believe in God. I believe in heaven and hell. I hope I've done the right things in my life to go to heaven instead of hell. At times in my life, it could have been a coin toss! I'm no authority on death except I know that sooner or later everybody dies. Hope my time comes later... In heaven I believe we will see people we know and it will be a place of great joy. I am looking forward to meeting Jesus and personally thanking Him for what he has done for me in my life. If there are dogs in heaven, I want to be where the dogs are. I've lost some fine ones over the years and I'd like to be with them again.

I am not afraid of death for myself.

I am however afraid of loved ones dying, and feeling the loss that goes with that. I lost yet another nephew on the 10th. I am not suppose to see all these young people dying.

It's a subject people don't like to talk about, but does it scare you, do you thinks there's anything after?

Work with people dying for a living. I have seen many die. It is apart of life, and is a very private matter.
I hope there is an after life but I don't have faith there is.
I also feel that if one is dying from something like cancer and want to end their life, they should every right to.

Is there a specific reason you don't believe there is an afterlife? Healthcare professionals, those who witness death are good to ask about death and their experience.

I had heard that if someone is dying and in a darkend room, they will turn their heads to view any source of light, even if it is a small crack under the door. It seems relevant. Love stories of NDE.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EQAVAU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00]Amazon.com: Afterlife: Ramond Moody MD PhD, Jeffery Long MD, Paul Perry: Movies & TV[/ame]

Thanks.

I read a couple by this lady:

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross - near-death experience research

Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, the Swiss-born psychiatrist and author who gained international fame for her landmark work on death and dying, died in her suburban Phoenix home on August 24, 2004. She was 78. Read the news articles about her passing and the Tribute to her by P.M.H. Atwater.

In 1999, Time magazine named Elisabeth Kubler-Ross as one of the "100 Most Important Thinkers" of the past century. I might add that she is also the "First Pioneer of the Final Frontier Called Death."

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross was recognized as one of the leading authorities in the field of death, dying and transition. It can be said that she was the one responsible for creating this field of study. She was the author of several books including: On Death and Dying and Life Lessons. Another book of hers, On Life After Death, collected for the first time information drawn from her years of working with the dying and learning from them what life is all about, in-depth research on life after death, and her own feelings and opinions about this fascinating and controversial subject. The following is an excerpt from her book in which she described one of the most interesting near-death experiences she has encountered.

I gave them to my mother who had been very ill for a couple of years and she read them cover to cover. Interesting topic, I just wish someone could prove what they are saying. What could it hurt for everyone to know?

Does anybody think we get to meet up with loved ones? It would be kinda a waste to love someone in this life and have that special bond for it to go no further, there must be a reason we have the feeling of love ??;

Well who knows, but ... I think that yes, we will be greeted by our loved ones.

That'd be nice! very nice! :)

Does anybody think we get to meet up with loved ones? It would be kinda a waste to love someone in this life and have that special bond for it to go no further, there must be a reason we have the feeling of love ??;

"It gives me warm fuzzies, so it must be true!"

Very compelling logic.

"It gives me warm fuzzies, so it must be true!"

Very compelling logic.

We will see.... won't we?

fuzzies or not..... we will have to wait and see. You know as much as I do about death and what awaits beyond.

Cheers.

We will see.... won't we?

No, we won't see. Brain function terminates after death. Sometimes before death, which is known as "brain death".

If the brain is dead, we're not going to "see" anything.

No, we won't see. Brain function terminates after death. Sometimes before death, which is known as "brain death".

If the brain is dead, we're not going to "see" anything.

its not the brain, its the spirit

Prove such a thing exists.

Well, if you can't prove that such a thing does not exist, do you then conclude that such a thing exists? So if you can't prove that it does exist, must we then conclude that such a thing does not?

Well, if you can't prove that such a thing does not exist, do you then conclude that such a thing exists?

Obviously not. If something exists, it has a measurable set of parameters. To claim that something exists that does not have any parameters that prove its existence is fantasy.

So if you can't prove that it does exist, must we then conclude that such a thing does not?

Sounds logical to me.

Last edited:
Well, if you can't prove that such a thing does not exist, do you then conclude that such a thing exists?

Obviously not. If something exists, it has a measurable set of parameters. To claim that something exists that does not have any parameters that prove its existence is fantasy.

So if you can't prove that it does exist, must we then conclude that such a thing does not?

Sounds logical to me.

Prove that I saw my shadow when I went outside this morning. Prove that I am in love. Prove that there are planets around all stars in the universe. Prove that there are not. Everything we know to be true does not have parameters or any known way to prove them. And quite frequently, some things that scientists thought they had previously 'proved' turned out to not be so provable after all. At the same time, there are many things that scientists believe will be verified that they have not yet devised a means for doing that.

In a universe in which we pitiful humans have a teensy fraction of all knowledge there is to know, I think it is really foolish to discount the existence of any force, phenomena, or physical presence based purely on the fact that nobody can yet prove its existence.

Forum List

Back