How do you feel about death?

Everything we know to be true does not have parameters or any known way to prove them.

Stop obfuscating, my point was about existence, which is objective. Not the "truth" of scenarios which are subjective.

Save your pedantics for the masses.

Does anybody think we get to meet up with loved ones? It would be kinda a waste to love someone in this life and have that special bond for it to go no further, there must be a reason we have the feeling of love ??;
Your comments suggest to me your perception of death has less to do with termination of your own existence than with losing the experience of love. From this I gather you are engaged in one or more profoundly loving relationships, which means you are an extremely fortunate and unselfish individual.

Everything we know to be true does not have parameters or any known way to prove them.

Stop obfuscating, my point was about existence, which is objective. Not the "truth" of scenarios which are subjective.

So planets around stars other than ours do not exist? We know exactly how every heavenly body got where it is and exactly the forces that made each one what it is? Yet time travel does exist because Einstein theoreticvally proved it to be possible but nobody has yet accomplished it? Warp speed does not exist because nobody has every been able to accomplish it or identify any object that has achieved it?

I will discuss these things with anybody who has an open mind, but I won't fight about these things with anybody because I cannot prove my point of view any more than you can prove yours. But if it is obfusicating to point out the reasons that an opinion is not complete or cannot be considered absolute, well I'll just have to be guilty of obfusicating I guess. Do have a nice day.

So planets around stars other than ours do not exist?

Still obfuscating and attempting to twist my words, I see.

Anything that can be measured, exists. Anything that cannot, doesn't.

It's not rocket science, and I won't fall for your ruse.

I didn't twist anybody's words. All I did was point out how illogical the words are. The fact that something cannot yet be measured or evaluated does not mean that it does not exist. Think of how many things in our modern world can now be evaluated and measured that could not be evaluated or measured 100 years ago. And yet those things existed just the same. Who knows what we will be able to evaluate and measure 100 years from now? The fact that we cannot now do so is not a valid reason to believe that something does not exist.

Do you have to believe in religion to believe in a life after death?

[...]
Belief in a "hereafter" does not derive from religious persuasion. Rather, the human sense of self (ego) cannot tolerate the finality of death and has in large measure given rise to mystical religious concepts, such as a supernatural life after death.

So the need to believe in life after death is essentially why many people need to believe in religion.

[...]
Belief in a "hereafter" does not derive from religious persuasion. Rather, the human sense of self (ego) cannot tolerate the finality of death and has in large measure given rise to mystical religious concepts, such as a supernatural life after death.

So the need to believe in life after death is essentially why many people need to believe in religion.

That is certainly one explanation for the concept and is most worthy of consideration.

The other is that life after death exists and some have sufficient compelling evidence or experience to know it.

What do you think the purpose would be to love another life? Do you think it would be because we didn't learn something in this one? Reincarnation is a whole new subject.
And do you thinks good and evil people all go to the same place? The more you think about these things the more complicated it gets.
Yes. For example, wouldn't you think that place might be rather crowded by now?

What do you think the purpose would be to love another life? Do you think it would be because we didn't learn something in this one? Reincarnation is a whole new subject.
And do you thinks good and evil people all go to the same place? The more you think about these things the more complicated it gets.
Yes. For example, wouldn't you think that place might be rather crowded by now?

Only when limited by our own mind and spirit that is confined by our concepts of time and space. If there is a God, He is not so constrained by such limitations and therefore anything is possible. There are six billion people on Earth, but if we should be equally distributed throughout the part of the universe we know is there, let alone what we cannot yet discern, we would each be separated from the nearest person by mega billions or trillions or more miles. It's all relative.

Last edited:

[...]

It's called "denial" and simply not wanting to believe something doesn't make it so.

Love, hate, fear, lust... none can be measured, yet all exist.

Measure dark energy or dark matter.

Scientists have FAITH that it is out there, but they've never observed it.

Love, hate, fear, lust... none can be measured, yet all exist.

Of course they can be measured. You can love/hate/fear/lust after somebody a little or a lot. Nice try at taking the discussion off course, though.

Measure dark energy or dark matter.

You were saying?

Forum List

Back