How do you feel about death?

It's a subject people don't like to talk about, but does it scare you, do you thinks there's anything after?

It'll come sooner or later and there's not a whole lot I can do about it. So, why worry? I make the most I can of each day. Can't ask for more.

Beside, every day I wake up is a gift. From my youth, all I figured I would ever do was see the dawn of the 21st Century.

:eusa_angel:

I don't fear death at all...in fact, I welcome the thought of it...it's comforting to know that I will one day leave this forsaken hell hole.

It's a subject people don't like to talk about, but does it scare you, do you thinks there's anything after?

People who make the most of life have no fear of death and since I, after years of being exposed to religion, have come to disbelieve in an afterlife, each day on earth, has become more precious to me.

OT: Something beautiful happened to me today, and it lifted two hearts. :)

Last edited:

People who make the most of life have no fear of death and since I, after years of being exposed to religion, have come to disbelieve in an afterlife, each day on earth, has become more precious to me.

Something beautiful happened to me today, and it lifted two hearts. :)

Do you have to believe in religion to believe in a life after death?

It's good to hear someone's had some good news x

Does anybody think we get to meet up with loved ones? It would be kinda a waste to love someone in this life and have that special bond for it to go no further, there must be a reason we have the feeling of love ??;

I don't pretend to know what the next life will be like for us, but like others here, I have no doubt that there is one.

The week before Labor Day, my husband's brother, who was battling cancer, was rushed to the hospital with sudden onset of severe pneumonia. His doctor gave him no hope at that point, and his sons began compiling of a list of family to be notified expecting that to be necessary by morning. His eldest daughter-in-law drew the short straw to sit with him while others went to dinner, but for her it was easy duty. She loved my brother-in-law deeply and he her. And she is a highly intelligent, devoutly faithful Christian woman not given to any kind of bizarre or eccentric behavior and not given to making up stories.

As she sat there with him he unexpectedly opened his eyes and greeted her and had a brief, coherent conversation with her so she knew he was awake. Then he looked at some place in the distance and said to her, "Look at that bright light. Isn't that pretty. And there's Mama. . . ."

The DIL said to him, "Yes, but stay here for now."

He went right back to a peaceful sleep and his vitals started improving. Within 48 hours he was able to go home and the next weekend enjoyed a family reunion with all of us. And the last night of the reunion, the pneumonia returned, and he was readmitted to the hospital. My husband spent several precious hours with him reminiscing old times in the hospital. And before morning came, my brother-in-law had died, peacefully, and at peace.

There is no doubt in any of our minds that he is happy and well and enjoying life with others who have passed on.

Last edited:
Does anybody think we get to meet up with loved ones? It would be kinda a waste to love someone in this life and have that special bond for it to go no further, there must be a reason we have the feeling of love ??;

I don't pretend to know what the next life will be like for us, but like others here, I have no doubt that there is one.

The week before Labor Day, my husband's brother, who was battling cancer, was rushed to the hospital with sudden onset of severe pneumonia. His doctor gave him no hope at that point, and his sons began compiling of a list of family to be notified expecting that to be necessary by morning. His eldest daughter-in-law drew the short straw to sit with him while others went to dinner, but for her it was easy duty. She loved my brother-in-law deeply and he her. And she is a highly intelligent, devoutly faithful Christian woman not given to any kind of bizarre or eccentric behavior and not given to making up stories.

As she sat there with him he unexpectedly opened his eyes and greeted her and had a brief, coherent conversation with her so she knew he was awake. Then he looked at some place in the distance and said to her, "Look at that bright light. Isn't that pretty. And there's Mama. . . ."

He went right back to a peaceful sleep and his vitals started improving. Within 48 hours he was able to go home and the next weekend enjoyed a family reunion with all of us. And the last night of the reunion, the pneumonia returned, and he was readmitted to the hospital. My husband spent several precious hours with him reminiscing old times in the hospital. And before morning came, my brother-in-law had died, peacefully, and at peace.

There is no doubt in any of our minds that he is happy and well and enjoying life with others who have passed on.

My dad said something similar, he also had cancer, but he was on a lot of medication so you don't really know ? :-(

As long as i live long enough to deliver Mrs O's ashes where she wants them....

After that I'm ready.......

:)
My mother passed in 1993. She always wanted to see the world. Her and my dad had a place in florida that they loved. When she died, she was cremated, as she wanted....my dad put some of her ashes in the woods near their home (where i live now!!)...and the rest went in the Atlantic ocean and the Golf of Mexico...so she would get her wish and see the world :)

My dad said something similar, he also had cancer, but he was on a lot of medication so you don't really know ? :-(

I know many have discounted glimpses into the next life for the reason that almost everybody at death's door is heavily medicated. Drug induced they say. But why that particular "hallucination?" Again, again, and again? And why wouldn't it vary more as do all other 'dreams'? My conclusion is, why question it? It is real to them. So who are we to say it is not real?

Death doesn't scare me ... I just want it quick ... cross to the other place fast ...

I want to think death of this mortal body is rebirth on a different plane.

In fact, I firmly believe it!

I read somewhere....

That light at the end of the tunnel that people say they see in a near death experience...is you being REBORN. I mean actually born again.....

When you dont make it to that light, it's not your time.
If you do, you die, and are born again as a new child.

Whether it's true or not...it's kind of interesting!!

Death doesn't scare me ... I just want it quick ... cross to the other place fast ...

I want to think death of this mortal body is rebirth on a different plane.

In fact, I firmly believe it!

I read somewhere....

That light at the end of the tunnel that people say they see in a near death experience...is you being REBORN. I mean actually born again.....

When you dont make it to that light, it's not your time.
If you do, you die, and are born again as a new child.

Whether it's true or not...it's kind of interesting!!

Well, if there was any human who was already reborn some time ago, it was my brother-in-law. So in his case, I can't believe the light was that.

But I also learned a long time ago that we're going to be fooled again and again when we think we have it all figured out too. :)

Last edited:
What do you think the purpose would be to love another life? Do you think it would be because we didn't learn something in this one? Reincarnation is a whole new subject.
And do you thinks good and evil people all go to the same place? The more you think about these things the more complicated it gets.

I have a unique view of death. There's this theory called Quantum Immorality.
I think that when a person dies, that person is still living in his or her own time.
I've had this belief for at least 20 years. It came from a few lifestyle habits.
Delivering pizza and being a smoker for 38 years. I'm only 48 now.
I still can't figure out why I wake up everyday.

Looking at death from 2 perspectives. 1st person and 3rd person.
From a 3rd person point of view, that person is dead. That person died.
From a 1st person point of view, I'm dead. I died.
I know for a fact, that I will never know if I have died, but the people around me will.

My advice is to find you "happy place". Eternity is a long time to be miserable.

What if after we die, the light at the end of the tunnel,
is just me being pushed out another vagina?
If that's the case, it would have to be my mothers,
and I would come out at the next moment after I had died.

You can't have a Heaven and a Hell without life after death.

What do you think the purpose would be to love another life? Do you think it would be because we didn't learn something in this one? Reincarnation is a whole new subject.
And do you thinks good and evil people all go to the same place? The more you think about these things the more complicated it gets.

One essential belief in Jewish theology is that keeping G-d's Law is the justification for heaven. One essential belief in Christian theology is that nobody can keep the whole Law and nobody is "good" enough to deserve Heaven. Imagine standing in line behind Sister Theresa and hear the keeper of the gate tell her she didn't do enough to get into Heaven. So the Jews developed a theology of Atonement and Foregiveness. The Christians accept Jesus Christ who took their sin upon Himself so that all can know they are forgiven; by his death, we are sanctified and are assured of Heaven; by his resurrection from death, we are assured that death is not final and there is Heaven waiting for us.

The Parable of the Vineyard relates the workers reporting early in the morning and agreeing to work for a set wage. Then some showed up at noon and they also received the same wage. And there were some who came the last hour and received the same wage. Of course those who had been there all day complained that the guy who worked an hour got as much as they did for working all day. The employer said, why did it matter to them? They got what they agreed to work for. What difference did it make to them that the owner was generous to others? The moral of the story was of course that those who come to God late merit the same Heaven as those who came early.

But the Christian also believes that once we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour, we no longer want to be bad. Or at least it isn't as much fun. :)

What is that Heaven like? I don't know. Maybe it is a kind of 'reincarnation' in which we live a new life in a different dimension. Or maybe death is just passage into a different realm that is not available to us in our mortal form. Either way, we are promised that it will be wonderful.

Nevertheless, I think a resistance to death aka desire to live is programmed into all of us, or it would be all too tempting to just end those bad patches we all have in our lives and move on.

Last edited:
My wife died over ten years ago. Since her death, I have had two experiences that makes me truly believe there is something beyond this life. What I know is that no matter what, there can be nothing bad that comes from dying, other than we may cease to exist. If there is something beyond, then great; if not, we will never know the difference. While I'm not afraid of death, I certainly would like to stick around as long as possible so long as I am fully cognizant of what I am doing and am able to take care of myself.

One other thing on "Heaven". I don't buy into it, not in the way most people do. While we struggle here on earth and there is a constant battle between good and bad, I don't believe that will change in the next life. I believe that "Heaven" will also involve a struggle between good and bad, maybe just not to as great of a degree.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back