How do catholics justify all the pedophilia the church overlooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NewGuy
They do when they get hungry.

No, they don't. Lions, male or female, do not cannibalize their young nor will they feed on the carcasses of other big cats that compete with them for food and territory. If food is scarce, the cubs usually die of starvation by being forced to fend for themselves.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
No, they don't. Lions, male or female, do not cannibalize their young nor will they feed on the carcasses of other big cats that compete with them for food and territory. If food is scarce, the cubs usually die of starvation by being forced to fend for themselves.
" Cannibalism as a feeding strategy is very common in the animal kingdom today. Animals ranging from insects to lions regularly consume members of their own species, and they do so for a variety of ecologic and evolutionary reasons. "
http://www.smm.org/research/Paleontology/cannibal_dino.php

"Mountain lions, like bobcats and lynx, are sometimes cannibalistic."
http://wildlifedamage.unl.edu/handbook/handbook/allPDF/ca_c93.pdf

"The term cannibalism is also used in zoology to describe species who prey upon their own kind, such as lions, crabs, ants, and some kinds of fish. "
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/c1/cannibal.asp

Yup. Absolutely right.

Right On.....

They cannot make decisions as to what they mate with just as they cannot make decisions as to which food to gather/kill and eat, right? :rolleyes: Prove it. The hormones are not even developed at that level before age 5.

Sorry but hormones have nothing whatsoever to do with gender identification problems. Current research relates that homosexaulity is an inborn error but has no relationship to levels of either testosterone or estrogen.

By the way, why do think men have nipples? Do you think that they are used for some particular reason except for nipple rings?

The reason that men have nipples is that in the first week and one-half during the initial phases of cellular formation, the Y chromosome is not effected and all stages of cellular development are female until this small chromosone starts to function which then proceeds to differentiate the formation of the male. But the cells that form nipples on females have already formed in the earlier cellular activity prior to the decision to create a male instead of the basic female design of all mammals on earth.

Being born a homosexual is no different than some who are born with six fingers or one brown eye iris and one blue iris. It is simply an early error in formation.

Originally posted by Mustafa
Current research relates that homosexaulity is an inborn error but has no relationship to levels of either testosterone or estrogen.

Incorrect. Current research indicates the POTENTIAL for the BEHAVIOR CAN BE an "error".

However:

1. This is a theory as to the behavior linking to the "error", as it is not a direct result. -Just as celebacy is always an option for heterosexuals.

2. This is not constant for all homosexuals.

3. God doesn't make errors. It is still a sin to be burdened with by genetic issues if you are correct, which is STILL a sin to be acted upon by a decision making process which STILL requires personal responsibility and DOES NOT GIVE AN EXCUSE FOR THE BEHAVIOR.

By the way, why do think men have nipples? Do you think that they are used for some particular reason except for nipple rings?

Does it even matter here?

Why do we have an appendix?

I have an answer for that one, although current medical "science" still can't figure it out. You claim to be a physician, lets see YOU adress that.

Just because we cannot figure out the reason for something, doesn't mean we need to assume our own understanding based on FAITH is correct. Even Biblical beliefs can be proven.

Being born a homosexual is no different than some who are born with six fingers or one brown eye iris and one blue iris. It is simply an early error in formation.

Not true, if I open my blue eye, it isn't sin.
If I use my 6th finger, it isn't sin.
If I act as a homosexual, it is.

That right there begs a difference to be shown.
The next step is proof.
Just as celebacy is a choice, so is homosexuality.

Originally posted by Mustafa

Just aren't making sense. Homosexuals aren't homosexuals until they participate in homosexual behavior. Are there people who are more likely to participate in that behavior? Of course - (those raised by homosexual partners, for one example), but it's not to say people have no options in how they behave.

" Cannibalism as a feeding strategy is very common in the animal kingdom today. Animals ranging from insects to lions regularly consume members of their own species, and they do so for a variety of ecologic and evolutionary reasons. "
http://www.smm.org/research/Paleontology/cannibal_dino.php

"Mountain lions, like bobcats and lynx, are sometimes cannibalistic."
http://wildlifedamage.unl.edu/handbook/handbook/allPDF/ca_c93.pdf

"The term cannibalism is also used in zoology to describe species who prey upon their own kind, such as lions, crabs, ants, and some kinds of fish. "
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/c1/cannibal.asp

what a seriously misguided anthropologist. he and his fellows should be embarrased and humiliated for writing such erroneous information.

aspects of the african lion

"It should be noted that occasionally infanticide by alien or incoming males sometimes results in cannibalism by the males and sometimes females as well (Schaller, 50). Such a case was documented by Schaller in which a lioness had three cubs which were killed by intruding males. Later, two male lions were seen feeding on one cub each and the third cub was eaten by its own mother."

How even THIS author can equate a single observed instance as a common occurence is ridiculous. I've been a wildlife buff since I was 12 and never have I read any serious documentation where cannabalism among lions was anything other than an extreme rarity.

How even THIS author can equate a single observed instance as a common occurence is ridiculous. I've been a wildlife buff since I was 12 and never have I read any serious documentation where cannabalism among lions was anything other than an extreme rarity.

I think the argument is 'It exists'. Like human homosexuality, even at 1? per cent of the population, there are accounts of the behavior.

Here's where we are sidetracking though. Lions probably aren't aware they are eating another lion; they are caught up in the moment, the smell of blood etc. It's about inate, compulsions, not reason.

Humans have the ability to reason right from wrong.

Animal behavior - lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) do not give us license to emulate their behavior.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Humans have the ability to reason right from wrong.

all sidetracking aside ;) I don't think humans 'reason' right from wrong, I think they 'learn' right from wrong via their parents. It then becomes a process of deciding whether to do right or do wrong.

all sidetracking aside ;) I don't think humans 'reason' right from wrong, I think they 'learn' right from wrong via their parents. It then becomes a process of deciding whether to do right or do wrong.

You are wrong.

:D

hehehe

Originally posted by ajwps
Have you never heard of bi-sexuals? Those who enjoy having sexual relations with both the female and male of their own species.

Unfortunately homosexuality is NOT a choice (IMHO). Homosexual behavior is found throughout the animal world (especially mamals) and they do not have the luxury of making that aberrant choice.

Like heterosexuals and homosexuals, the alternate abnormal choices made are difficult as this drive in the human being is to reproduce (by sex). It is present from birth.

One difference there Sparky, animals don't possess the ability to reason between right and wrong unlike humans and we all know that homosexuality is wrong so where does that leave us? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................Its a choice.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
How do catholics justify all the pedophilia the church overlooked?

Just wondering. I mean, that's some sick shit. The church did nothing. I saw Bernard Law just got some cushy job somewhere. What a sick piece of trash he was.

RWA, you make a HUGE assumption there. Plenty of Catholics ARE outraged.

Better check your sources.

I'm Catholic, and it makes me sick too. I don't understand how all that crap was just brushed under the rug and covered up. If a few of them had been charged, it may have made others think twice about ruining another child's life. Parents may not have been so trusting, so many children could have been protected from these sick assholes. It;s very hard to think about - for me anyway.

Originally posted by Said1
I'm Catholic, and it makes me sick too. I don't understand how all that crap was just brushed under the rug and covered up. If a few of them had been charged, it may have made others think twice about ruining another child's life. Parents may not have been so trusting, so many children could have been protected from these sick assholes. It;s very hard to think about - for me anyway.

So, as a Catholic, what action can you take besides leaving the church. That's what I think about.

I am not Catholic, but if I were, I couldn't think of many options aside from simply leaving the church. But does that mean giving up your religion based on the failed leadership?

Tough issue. How so many abuses were swept under the rug by church leaders, by simply transferring the offenders, is SHAMEFUL.

Incorrect. Current research indicates the POTENTIAL for the BEHAVIOR CAN BE an "error".

What are you talking about? Homosexual potential for behavior can be an error???? WHAT?????

However:

1. This is a theory as to the behavior linking to the "error", as it is not a direct result. -Just as celebacy is always an option for heterosexuals.

Unfortunately your option for celebacy by heterosexuals is not always an option. The drive to procreate is much greater than you can imagine and the drive for homosexual sex is even greater than heterosexual behavior. For most, the option for celebacy is about as easy as pulling your own eyeballs out of your head. You apparently have no idea of that drive put in mankind to continue the species. Homosexuals do not procreate but the drive is even greater.

2. This is not constant for all homosexuals.

To speak for homosexuals you must be able to think and act like these folks. Is that a problem for you?

3. God doesn't make errors. It is still a sin to be burdened with by genetic issues if you are correct, which is STILL a sin to be acted upon by a decision making process which STILL requires personal responsibility and DOES NOT GIVE AN EXCUSE FOR THE BEHAVIOR.

So G-d doesn't maker errors? Have you ever seen a profoudly physically and/or mentally disabled individual? Have you ever seen a child born with two heads or Siamese children connected at the head? How do you know what G-d does or doesn't do? Does your bible tell you so?

You speak of 'behavior' being a decision making process which requires personal willpower. That statement of yours seems so simply true but alas you don't know what you are talking about.

Does it even matter here? Why do we have an appendix?
I have an answer for that one, although current medical "science" still can't figure it out. You claim to be a physician, lets see YOU adress that.

The appendix is a residual blind ended duct that at one time may have had a function but remains a part of our genetic directive during formation in the uterus. Maybe you can tell me why early in the formation of all mammals including man small gill slits also called Pharyngeal gill-clefts that also appear in the fish world. What appears to superficially resemble fish gills are present below the jaw or why the first formation of all mammals incluing mankind have tails? These are facts based on observations of still born early developmental foetus' being examined under the microscope. http://www.bartleby.com/107/13.html
G-d does work in mysterious ways but his works are not for us to understand with our non-divine human intellect.

Just because we cannot figure out the reason for something, doesn't mean we need to assume our own understanding based on FAITH is correct. Even Biblical beliefs can be proven.

If beliefs or faith could be proven, then there would be no need for mankind to have the 'freewill' to choose between good and evil. You can't prove one thing that your faith states as fact and that is a fact.

So now you are speaking for the L-rd G-d of Creation. You are really a trip.

That right there begs a difference to be shown.
The next step is proof.
Just as celebacy is a choice, so is homosexuality.

You don't know any such thing for if you did you would be a god. And from your words you post, your temper and self-righteousness is to much for any to bear.

Originally posted by ajwps

Unfortunately your option for celebacy by heterosexuals is not always an option. The drive to procreate is much greater than you can imagine and the drive for homosexual sex is even greater than heterosexual behavior.
:clap1:

I guess you are right. How could I EVER believe I knew anything about a sex drive and its potential. -Much less the overwhelming desire to control one to keep from sinning. When you are done making excuses for acting on sexual impulses, how about examining the facts?

To speak for homosexuals you must be able to think and act like these folks. Is that a problem for you?

Not at all. My mind is quite full of thoughts relating to the potential for sin that you would probably faint over. What keeps me in control? -The willing desire to do what is right, and change my own thinking. I don't need to list my struggles for control over my own nature with you, there is a whole Bible full of examples. The funny part is I still haven't found an example in the Bible I wouldn't want at to do at some time. You ask if I can understand sin?

I say, yes- quite well, thank you.

Now shut yer pie hole.

So G-d doesn't maker errors? Have you ever seen a profoudly physically and/or mentally disabled individual? Have you ever seen a child born with two heads or Siamese children connected at the head? How do you know what G-d does or doesn't do? Does your bible tell you so?

Either God is fallible (meaning He is not divine), or He isn't. You just sabotaged your own belief system.

You speak of 'behavior' being a decision making process which requires personal willpower. That statement of yours seems so simply true but alas you don't know what you are talking about.

-And yet you cannot disprove it.

Does it even matter here? Why do we have an appendix?

The appendix is a residual blind ended duct that at one time may have had a function but remains a part of our genetic directive during formation in the uterus. Maybe you can tell me why early in the formation of all mammals including man small gill slits also called Pharyngeal gill-clefts that also appear in the fish world. What appears to superficially resemble fish gills are present below the jaw or why the first formation of all mammals incluing mankind have tails? These are facts based on observations of still born early developmental foetus' being examined under the microscope. http://www.bartleby.com/107/13.html
G-d does work in mysterious ways but his works are not for us to understand with our non-divine human intellect.

Now that the world knows a physician cannot understand his own trade, and justifies nipples for homosexual behavior but doesn't know what an appendix is for, I will explain it to you so you can once again brag falsely about having invented the knowledge.

When people are first formed, the brain and central nervous system aresplit. Both contain the trace elements for neurochemical development, both contain the same immune system controlling chemicals.

When the body loses the ability to think, IE: the brain dies, the digestive system continues completely independent. In addition, the food in the system does NOT start to kill the body with the bacteria and rot. In fact, the body continues to run an immune system.

HOW?

The Appendix is the largest organ in the region with the highest concentration of previously mentioned chemicals. IT RUNS the IMMUNE SYSTEM. The brain had half of the job and half of the control. The appendix now takes the job full on in preservation of the body.

Now since you know the truth, I will say one final thing on the topic:

You should know by now to NEVER pick an opposing view with me and try to outsmart me with your B.S.

If beliefs or faith could be proven, then there would be no need for mankind to have the 'freewill' to choose between good and evil. You can't prove one thing that your faith states as fact and that is a fact.

Gee, that's funny. "MY" Old Testament claims that the Earth is a sphere and hangs in space on NOTHING. Good thing we can't prove that.

So now you are speaking for the L-rd G-d of Creation. You are really a trip.

For someone who claims to follow the Old Testament, why don't you READ it?

NewGuy: Just as celebacy is a choice, so is homosexuality.

Mustafa and ID he hides behined: You don't know any such thing for if you did you would be a god. And from your words you post, your temper and self-righteousness is to much for any to bear.

My temper? Where? Self-Righteousness?

I find it funny when faced with facts, you scream like a little girl and use the very same comments I used on you. This is the 3rd time you have done this. If I reposted with the time stamps, you would be quite embarrased.

Two points.

First its nice to be agreeing with you on this onew newguy.

Second a quote that stuck out:

Simply knowing something doesnt destroy free will. Many people know its wrong to smoke, that doesnt stop them from puffing three packs a day. In fact, i would argue that until you really know you cant exercise your free will to the greatest extent. How can you choose between good and evil if you dont know what good is and dont know what evil is? Knowledge doesnt destroy free will, it gives it.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Two points.

First its nice to be agreeing with you on this onew newguy.

Second a quote that stuck out:

Simply knowing something doesnt destroy free will. Many people know its wrong to smoke, that doesnt stop them from puffing three packs a day. In fact, i would argue that until you really know you cant exercise your free will to the greatest extent. How can you choose between good and evil if you dont know what good is and dont know what evil is? Knowledge doesnt destroy free will, it gives it.

:thup: On all counts, Avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back