How do catholics justify all the pedophilia the church overlooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by -=d=-

I find it odd that God chose YOU to speak thru...instead of what His Bible teaches. weird.

The same could be said for you and your buddies. The L-rd G-d has not chosen me to speak through or for Him.

The fact is that my salvation is not my concern, simply how I live my life with respect to my fellow man is my salvation while I'm allowed to live on this planet....

You be concerned with yourself....

Originally posted by NewGuy

I guess you are right. How could I EVER believe I knew anything about a sex drive and its potential. -Much less the overwhelming desire to control one to keep from sinning. When you are done making excuses for acting on sexual impulses, how about examining the facts?

According to the Gospel of NewGuy? Speaking for your god again?

Not at all. My mind is quite full of thoughts relating to the potential for sin that you would probably faint over. What keeps me in control? -The willing desire to do what is right, and change my own thinking. I don't need to list my struggles for control over my own nature with you, there is a whole Bible full of examples. The funny part is I still haven't found an example in the Bible I wouldn't want at to do at some time. You ask if I can understand sin?

Your thoughts are full of 'potential' for sin and you think you understand the nature of sin? Ergo you must be a sinner and know that you are unable to control your evil impulses. By your own words.

Now shut yer pie hole.

Well said for a minster of the lord Jesus Christ.

Either God is fallible (meaning He is not divine), or He isn't. You just sabotaged your own belief system.

Is that your enlightened position preacher?

-And yet you cannot disprove it.

With respect, I needn't disprove it for it disproves itself.

Now that the world knows a physician cannot understand his own trade, and justifies nipples for homosexual behavior but doesn't know what an appendix is for, I will explain it to you so you can once again brag falsely about having invented the knowledge.

Tell us the meaning Mr. Preacher Wizard.

When people are first formed, the brain and central nervous system aresplit.

Where did you get that information Mr. embryologist? Is the brain and the central nervous system split by a piece of plastic?

Both contain the trace elements for neurochemical development, both contain the same immune system controlling chemicals.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

When the body loses the ability to think, IE: the brain dies, the digestive system continues completely independent.

You should write your knowledge up in a medical text. No one in the world of medicine or pathology knows anything about this theory of yours.

In addition, the food in the system does NOT start to kill the body with the bacteria and rot. In fact, the body continues to run an immune system.

Are you speaking about Zombies or Vampires. (are you one of those walking dead)

HOW?

WHY - WHAT - WHEN - WHAT FOR

The Appendix is the largest organ in the region with the highest concentration of previously mentioned chemicals. IT RUNS the IMMUNE SYSTEM.

You've got to be the dumbest physiologist in the world. Where in the world did you come into possession of this nonsense. Did you find it in Philippians?

The brain had half of the job and half of the control. The appendix now takes the job full on in preservation of the body.

So your brain does half the job to control that nonsense and you thiink that your appendix tells you about sin?

Now since you know the truth, I will say one final thing on the topic: You should know by now to NEVER pick an opposing view with me and try to outsmart me with your B.S.

Boy you are sure right on that one. But let me ask you why you wear that aluminum foil dunce cap on your acephalic head. Do you think it keeps the Martians from stealing your valuable thoughts?

Gee, that's funny. "MY" Old Testament claims that the Earth is a sphere and hangs in space on NOTHING. Good thing we can't prove that.

What century do you live in? Do you think that if you walk far enough Dr. GayGuy, you will fall off the far end of the earth?

For someone who claims to follow the Old Testament, why don't you READ it?

Okay, just don't get so excited. You'll be okay. Let me call the guys in the white suits before you hurt somebody.

My temper? Where? Self-Righteousness? I find it funny when faced with facts, you scream like a little girl and use the very same comments I used on you. This is the 3rd time you have done this. If I reposted with the time stamps, you would be quite embarrased.

I was wrong, you don't display any distemper and you don't have self rigteousness when you say that you know the mind of the Creator. Do you really have a time stamp on your head? From my perspective it reads 666.

I really enjoy talking to you. I've met so many like you in some of the mental wards in which I rotated through during my internship.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

Two points.

First its nice to be agreeing with you on this onew newguy. Second a quote that stuck out:

Put it back in your pants.....

Simply knowing something doesnt destroy free will. Many people know its wrong to smoke, that doesnt stop them from puffing three packs a day. In fact, i would argue that until you really know you cant exercise your free will to the greatest extent. How can you choose between good and evil if you dont know what good is and dont know what evil is? Knowledge doesnt destroy free will, it gives it.

Avatar666 you apparently do not understand the difference between 'freewill' and 'free choice.'

You say you don't know the difference to choose between good and evil or between smoking a cigarette when you know it may be harmful to your health.

If you want to have sex with your best friend and you know that it would hurt his wife, would you consider that a good deed?

If you had the knowledge that Jesus Christ of Nazareth and his divinity were just so much hogwash, would you have the FREEWILL to continue believing on him to get your free ticket from all your actions on this earth and a ride on that rapture to those mansions in the sky?

FREEWILL is your choice and struggle to follow the easy route on this earth to evil that has been paid for by Jesus or the very hard path to follow that which you have been told is moral and good in the Ten Commandments of G-d and not from Jesus?

My professional opinion is that you are terribly confused about these terms.

Homosexuals do not procreate but the drive is even greater.
-ajwps

Is this true? I would imagine that sex drives vary from person to person, not from simply orientation. But I don't know. If you can confirm this statement please let me know.

Originally posted by ajwps
The same could be said for you and your buddies. The Lord God has not chosen me to speak through or for Him.

The fact is that my salvation is not my concern, simply how I live my life with respect to my fellow man is my salvation while I'm allowed to live on this planet....

You be concerned with yourself....

Very ego-centric eh?

'my Buddies' speak based on God's Bible...You speak on items you pull from your buttocks :)

Enjoy your day, hombre.

Originally posted by NewGuy
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will bow now.

All can see The Mad Riddler cannot answer my posts, but instead attacks with nothing but insults.

For anyone with half a clue who wants to know more about the immune system, and wants to touch on the information about the appendix in its role, you can see a few bits here:

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/publications/immune/the_immune_system.pdf

And a search here will bring up a wealth of other info:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...d+"immune+system"+and+"brain"+and+"digestive"

what did I miss about the immune system? :dunno:

I might be wrong, but if the brain is dead doesn't that stop necessary functions like blood flow? and wouldn't a lack of oxygen then kill off cells in the body, like those of the appendix? therefore, how does the appendix then pick up that continuation of digestion when its dead or dying?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I might be wrong, but if the brain is dead doesn't that stop necessary functions like blood flow? and wouldn't a lack of oxygen then kill off cells in the body, like those of the appendix? therefore, how does the appendix then pick up that continuation of digestion when its dead or dying?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death
By brain death criteria, a person can be pronounced dead even if the heart continues to beat due to life support measures.

Brain death is defined as a complete and irreversible cessation of brain activity.

A brain dead individual has no electrical activity and no clinical evidence of brain function on neurologic examination (no response to pain, no cranial nerve reflexes (pupillary response (fixed pupils), oculocephalic reflex, corneal reflexes), and no spontaneous respirations). It is important to distinguish between brain death, states that mimic brain death (eg. barbiturate intoxication, alcohol intoxication, sedative overdose, hypothermia, hypoglycemia) and coma or chronic vegetative states. Some comatose patients can recover, and some patients with severe irreversible neurologic dysfunction will nonetheless retain some lower brain functions such as spontaneous respiration. In a brain dead individual, the brain tissue itself is necrotic (dead). Conditions leading to brain death result in swelling of brain tissue and a rise in intracranial pressure, eventually shutting off all blood flow within the skull. Although some have proposed that loss of neo-cortical function should be termed "brain death", the term as used clinically includes loss of both cortex and brainstem function. Thus anencephaly, in which there is no higher brain present, is generally not considered brain death, although it is certainly an irreversible condition in which it is appropriate to withdraw life support.

Note that brain electrical activity can stop completely, or apparently completely (a "flat EEG") for some time in deep anaesthesia or during cardiac arrest before being restored: brain death refers only to permanent cessation of electrical activity. Numerous people who have experienced such "flat line" experiences have reported near death experiences, the nature of which is controversial.

It is presumed that a permanent stoppage of electrical activity indicates the end of consciousness. Those that view that only the neo-cortex of the brain is necessary for consciousness, however, sometimes argue that only electrical activity there should be considered when defining death. In many cases, especially when elevated intracranial pressure prevents blood flow into the skull, the entire brain is nonfunctional; however, some injuries may affect only the neo-cortex.

The diagnosis of brain death needs to be made quite rigorously to be certain the condition is truly irreversible. Legal criteria vary from place to place, but generally require neurologic exams by two independent physicians showing complete absence of brain function, and may include two isoelectric (flat-line) EEGs 24 hours apart. The Uniform Definition of Death Act in the United States is an attempt to standardize criteria. The patient should have a normal temperature and be free of drugs that can suppress brain activity if the diagnosis is to be made on EEG criteria. Alternatively, a radionuclide cerebral blood flow scan that shows complete absence of intracranial blood flow can be used to confirm the diagnosis without performing EEGs.

Most organ donation for organ transplantation is done in the setting of brain death. Consent from family members is required in most nations, and the non-living donor is kept on ventilator support until the organs have been surgically removed. If a brain dead individual is not an organ donor, ventilator and drug support is discontinued and cardiac death is allowed to occur.

Therefore if the organs are kept going from a ventillator, blood must continue to flow.

The immune system won't go indefinitely, but it will go for hours without the brain.

If blood flow were stopped when the signal from the brain stopped, people being decappitated wouldn't gush blood. right?

Blood flow would have to stop and clot and solidify before pressure changes.

Pressure alone would cause a gush until then.

If blood flow were stopped when the signal from the brain stopped, people being decappitated wouldn't gush blood. right?

If you are referring to arterial spurting, then that would have to take into account that decapitation was instantaneous BUT even with instantaneous you still have residual body actions like a pumping heart. That wouldn't last more than a minute I would think but are we trying to split that kind of hair?

Wow, did this thread careen into the outer orbits. I think the problem began when the assertion was made that pedophiles who target same-sex children are homosexual. I don't think pedophiles can be classified as homo- or hetero-sexual. That's like saying the priest who preyed on little girls at least wasn't gay. Pedophilia is actually rape, and rape is a violent crime, not a sexual proclivity.

Originally posted by walwor
Wow, did this thread careen into the outer orbits. I think the problem began when the assertion was made that pedophiles who target same-sex children are homosexual. I don't think pedophiles can be classified as homo- or hetero-sexual. That's like saying the priest who preyed on little girls at least wasn't gay. Pedophilia is actually rape, and rape is a violent crime, not a sexual proclivity.

How can one who committs and enjoys homosexual acts not be labelled 'homosexual'???

If the sex wasn't beneficial to the perp. he'd not do it. Heterosexual Rape - Homosexual Rape - it's driven by the vices of the person committing the act; by their 'preference' at least in part, (not discounting 'availability/access to victim') of victim's gender.

How can one who committs and enjoys homosexual acts not be labelled 'homosexual'???

If the sex wasn't beneficial to the perp. he'd not do it. Heterosexual Rape - Homosexual Rape - it's driven by the vices of the person committing the act; by their 'preference' at least in part, (not discounting 'availability/access to victim') of victim's gender.

I'll ask again- if a man has sex with a little girl, is he therefore a heterosexual? That implies some form of sexuality on the part of the girl, which she is too young to have. Pedophiles are attracted to the youth of their victims, not to sexual characteristics. If they show a preference for boys, I would say it's due to availability- he can gain a boy's trust easier, it's more likely a boy won't talk because he'd be ashamed, it's less believable if he does talk, etc. I don't know all this for sure, but I can't see labelling someone who commits shameful acts on children as having a sexual orientation- it's a whole different arena. And the subsequent digression in this thread into whether homosexuals are born that way or not sidesteps the real issue- these were children. I'm not aware of a scandal involving priests soliciting adult males for sex.

Are you Chatholic, and if so are one who tries to justify the cover up? Probably not, just getting back on topic.

I'll ask again- if a man has sex with a little girl, is he therefore a heterosexual? That implies some form of sexuality on the part of the girl, which she is too young to have.

?????????????????

How the heck can you pin this on a girl?!?!?

She has the parts the perp was after.

He was heterosexual. SIMPLE.

Pedophiles are attracted to the youth of their victims, not to sexual characteristics. If they show a preference for boys, I would say it's due to availability- he can gain a boy's trust easier, it's more likely a boy won't talk because he'd be ashamed, it's less believable if he does talk, etc. I don't know all this for sure,

Then stop making excuses for wrongdoing.

but I can't see labelling someone who commits shameful acts on children as having a sexual orientation- it's a whole different arena.

No. People who want something, want it. People who want to have sex with something, want to have sex with it.

People wanting sex with opposite gender are heterosexuals.
People wanting sex with same gender are HOMOsexuals.
People wanting sex with kids are PEDOphiles.

I'll ask again- if a man has sex with a little girl, is he therefore a heterosexual? That implies some form of sexuality on the part of the girl, which she is too young to have. Pedophiles are attracted to the youth of their victims, not to sexual characteristics. If they show a preference for boys, I would say it's due to availability- he can gain a boy's trust easier, it's more likely a boy won't talk because he'd be ashamed, it's less believable if he does talk, etc. I don't know all this for sure, but I can't see labelling someone who commits shameful acts on children as having a sexual orientation- it's a whole different arena. And the subsequent digression in this thread into whether homosexuals are born that way or not sidesteps the real issue- these were children. I'm not aware of a scandal involving priests soliciting adult males for sex.

What! Listen pedophile or not once you decide, want and commit the act of sticking your schlong in a male's ass you are queer, whether it happens once or a thousand times, whether it was a 5 year old boy or a 50 year old man. This notion that he's not homosexual because of the age of the victim is ludicrous. Ever heard of NAMBLA? Check them out, they will openly tell ya that alot of homos support underage rape, maybe not to the extreme of 5 but certainly teenagers.

This notion of availability of victim is insane, intellectually bankrupt. These homo freaks search out little boys much the same way a hetero freak seeks out little girls because that is what turns em on. You think they are just looking for any hole and that simply isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back