How did you reach your conclusion

How did I come to the conclusion God was real?

Simple........got beat over the head with a Bible as a kid until I hated Christianity and became a Taoist.

Followed Tao long enough to not hate Christianity any longer so that when Torah was placed in my path, I was able to understand it a bit.

Then, kept an open mind and looked for where other places said the same thing.

When I'd seen it repeat enough, then I became convinced God was real.

Haven't reached any conclusion yet.

I'm sure however by the time I'm smited...I will have concluded....

1. The complete lack of objective, verifiable evidence.
2. The fact that all religious beliefs are conglomerates of preceding religious beliefs.
3. Application of common sense and reason.
4. Science, from cosmology to economics has surpassed and superseded what the Bible tells us is true about our world.

Last edited:
After a very long spiritual journey seeking truth, I have come to the conclusion that all religions have a piece of the truth and none have all of it because we are all fallible human beings. I think when we step into the next life we will be quite surprised at how much of it we got wrong and how little God is impressed with our theology. The best that any of us can do is to love God and seek his will and do it, and that is probably as close to the truth as we will get during our mortal lifespan.

I believe there is something out there just don't know what it is.
Most every religion believes there is one "God", I think they might be right. And if there is a God I don't think he would want people to use his name in some of the ways they do.

That your God/faith or lack thereof was correct?
Haven't reached a conclusion.

I seem to be one of an exceedingly rare number of humans, who can utter those three little words that most find so very difficult to say: I don't know.

I haven't either. I don't know and I don't really care.

Just being honest.

That reminds me of a joke. The philosophy teacher asked her student what was worse, Ignorance or Apathy? the student answers - "I don't know, and I don't care". :lol:

That your God/faith or lack thereof was correct?

I never assumed that I was correct!! I used a variant of the Heisenberg Principle and applied it to the problem of obtaining accurate and truthful knowledge from a point of natural ignorance. This led me to the conclusion that theism/atheism propositions are no more than assumptions whose validity is based on the claims of the proponents of the authors of such claims. Thus if a claim can be shown to be illogical or incorrect, the author is therefore ignorant of the subject matter that s/he made. Thus it is folly to adhere to that individuals description of the proper Universe since they have shown a lack of knowledge through their ficitious claims.

Does this therefore discredit everything the author of theistic/atheistic claim? The answer is no, but it does provide me with justification in applying much skeptical inquiry into their beliefs systems.

In short--I do not know what to believe! But I have come a long way in deciding what not to believe--and most religions falls in my "contains alot of unbelievable and contradictory stuff" category.

Last edited:
I have heard religion described as a language that helps us understand the world and our place in it. Science is another such language. Who is to say which is true and which is not? It is all in how you perceive things.

I will admit though that I am quite skeptical of literal interpretations of religion as "truth" or the idea that any book is the "word of god"....whichever god that might be.

Forum List

Back