How did you meet your significant other?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
This is a lighthearted thread for everyone to talk about one of the most important decisions in their lives. :)

In the library at the state university, a long time ago. I can still see her clearly standing there.

I had been shipped from the jungle to the desert. I was so disoriented by the move my defenses were down. No regrets.

It was a dark and stormy night.....
My car had broken down and I walked through the rain to a farmhouse I could see in the distance

I knocked on the door and the farmer said......you can stay the night, but keep your hands off my daughter

The rest is history

Online. Through Match.com. She sent me an email. After three hours of online chart and talking on the phone I got her to agree to a date a couple days later. By the end of that month we were spending weekends together. She moved in with me three months after that. We were engaged 13 months after our first date and married 17 months after that.

With a 12 gauge in my back.

What really happened. In October 1959 two buddies and I were on a sightseeing tour in Ulm, Germany. We climbed the 768 steps to the top of the tallest church in the world and when we started down 3 young ladies, 2 Swiss and 1 redheaded German said they were scared to go down the steps and would we help them? I asked the redhead if I helped her down would she marry me. She said, "Of course." That was 59 years ago and she still can't get rid of me.

Through some friends. Neither of us was single at the time.
Some years later, we both found ourselves to be single and things developed from there.
Now married and she is a decade younger than me.
Win-win.

I was a dancer at chippendales and she bought me for a date, she was the highest bidder @ $5 million dollars.

Some years later, we both found ourselves to be single and things developed from there.
Win-win.

I never understood that, what would you talk about? I only dated a girl way younger then me once, I was around 38 she was 23 years old ( I didn't like it)

Late in the 70's I hated Disco more than I dislike it now... I was at a friends house figuring out what we were going to do to try not to waste a Sat Night... Jeff's phone rang and it turned out to be gal he knew and her and a friend were going dancing and asked us to come... I had been in very few Disco's because, well I just didn't like disco at all... Jeff said "trust me", a few drinks and we will have the luckiest Sat night we have had for awhile...
Have I ever mentioned how I hate Disco? I was not a happy camper... And on top of it all I was expected to dance... Things went south real fast and everyone, Jeff and the girls were pissed off at me... The ladies that had asked us to the bar went to the commode and while they were gone 3 young ladies happened by the table and I asked them to sit down in the commode sisters chairs (I pulled another chair from another table for the third young lady)… Well the commode sisters were just a tad indignant to say the least, and it took them less than 2 minutes to grab their coats and flip me off in unison... After explaining to my future wife and her 2 friends just what the hell was going on we left and went to a little hole in the wall with a good jukebox and a broken .25 cent pool table and closed the place... Sit in the parking lot till the sun rose... The very next evening we went to see Animal House and from that point on for over 23 years we spent very few nights apart...

Win-win.

I never understood that, what would you talk about? I only dated a girl way younger then me once, I was around 38 she was 23 years old ( I didn't like it)

Pure luck.
We have the same interests.
Fishing, camping, snowmobiling, motorcycles and guns. A regular outdoor gal whose not afraid to rough it.
Same political points of view with a few minor differences.

I could see 23 as hard to conversate with, but our ages are older. I am 53 and she is 42. Both of us have had life experiences and divorces.
Most of the time I forget our age difference until I bring up certain music and she says, Huh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back