How did you meet your significant other?

Late in the 70's I hated Disco more than I dislike it now... I was at a friends house figuring out what we were going to do to try not to waste a Sat Night... Jeff's phone rang and it turned out to be gal he knew and her and a friend were going dancing and asked us to come... I had been in very few Disco's because, well I just didn't like disco at all... Jeff said "trust me", a few drinks and we will have the luckiest Sat night we have had for awhile...
Have I ever mentioned how I hate Disco? I was not a happy camper... And on top of it all I was expected to dance... Things went south real fast and everyone, Jeff and the girls were pissed off at me... The ladies that had asked us to the bar went to the commode and while they were gone 3 young ladies happened by the table and I asked them to sit down in the commode sisters chairs (I pulled another chair from another table for the third young lady)… Well the commode sisters were just a tad indignant to say the least, and it took them less than 2 minutes to grab their coats and flip me off in unison... After explaining to my future wife and her 2 friends just what the hell was going on we left and went to a little hole in the wall with a good jukebox and a broken .25 cent pool table and closed the place... Sit in the parking lot till the sun rose... The very next evening we went to see Animal House and from that point on for over 23 years we spent very few nights apart...

I'm not sure I've ever heard the term "the commode sisters" before.

Back in the days of adult only apartments,before libs fucked that up,they threw a party at the clubhouse/pool.
Someone drank all her vodka and I stepped in and offered her my half gallon of Crown Royal... 29 years later here we are.

Man those were the days!!! Friday night kegs at the mailboxes adjacent to the pool/clubhouse. Saturday night movie parties with the movie screen on the island in the pool while we floated around on floats watching and partying.
Good Times!!!

My first date with the current GF happened when she overheard her coworker saying she was scheduled to work the weekend I invited her to Longwood Gardens..
After hearing how she wouldn’t date anyone from work, I was pleasantly shocked when she said she was available. :)

We first held hands as we were walking into the conservatory. I’ll never fotget that moment. :)

Ex-wife was introduced to me by a friend. The bastard.

Most recent ex girlfriend I met at work. Absolutely gorgeous but she smoked too much pot.

My second husband. That's a good one.

He was a good friend of my then first husband that I married when I was 15. I was looking for someone that would cause said first husband to decide that being married to me was not fun. Second husband to be was big enough and easily manipulated by my sixteen year old self. I asked Hub2 to go to the library with me to return some books. I stopped the elevator between the floors, undid his pants and convinced him that we were made for each other.

14 years later, I left him for a younger man who I eventually dumped for a wealthy client. It was all good.

He was a good friend of my then first husband that I married when I was 15. I was looking for someone that would cause said first husband to decide that being married to me was not fun. Second husband to be was big enough and easily manipulated by my sixteen year old self. I asked Hub2 to go to the library with me to return some books. I stopped the elevator between the floors, undid his pants and convinced him that we were made for each other.

14 years later, I left him for a younger man who I eventually dumped for a wealthy client. It was all good.
Ah,so! You butterfly girl.

You've been drinking haven't you? :113:

I'd tell my story of what happened after sharing my bottle of Crown with my now wife but I haven't had enough Bulldogs.
We'll just say it was xxx rated and I still have to this day the scar on my shin from making my way back to her bed in the dark after an early morning trip to the bathroom.

I was a single parent of my 3 yr. old daughter and my darling future wife was a new preschool teacher. My daughter kept talking about Miss future Lumpy but I'd never actually met or saw her but eventually I Wow, sure did. I saw sparks flying so I asked her out, she refused... sweetly though. The next morning the owner of the preschool insisted that I ask Miss Future Lumpy out again, (she was willing to break the rules on dating parents).

So I waited for a month or so, we played googly eyes and such, it was fun. I asked her out again, she bluntly refused ..then she laughed, we laughed and we're still having fun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back