How come Conservatives aren't behind Santorum

What? You don't see the disingenuous, stereotypical generalization in my post...............? :eusa_whistle:

No, I don't actually.

Too bad. They couldn't be more obvious.

Well, if the liberal that you named polls in comparison to others in the DNC as Santorum is polling in comparison to others in the Primary race, it's not a stereotype it's an observation of what's panning out.

No, I don't actually.

Well, if the liberal that you named polls in comparison to others in the DNC as Santorum is polling in comparison to others in the Primary race, it's not a stereotype it's an observation of what's panning out.

You're still missing the obvious. Since when have all conservatives been far right or all liberals been far left? Read exactly what you wrote, not necessarily what you might have intended. :dunno:

You're still missing the obvious. Since when have all conservatives been far right or all liberals been far left? Read exactly what you wrote, not necessarily what you might have intended. :dunno:

I didnt say all Conservatives are far right, or even imply it.

What my implication was, was that Santorum is the most Conservative in my view of the field.

^ now THAT might be right or wrong, and that's fair.

But to say I called all conservatives "far right" by my statement? My answer: no I didn't.

All he seemed to be saying was "I'm going to do this. I'm going to do that". Well, the President isn't a Dictator so what makes him think he "can do that"?

Correct, but that’s a kind of ‘political-speak’ that needs to be translated:

When Santorum says he’s going to get rid of abortion and homosexuals, that should be translated to mean he’ll appoint justices to the Supreme Court who will overturn Roe and Lawrence, and propose legislation and/or sign into law a measure making it a Federal crime to engage in ‘homosexual acts.’

Santorum is a good guy but conservatives are smart enough to see that he doesn't have the charisma and he doesn't really come across all that well in debates. If he wins a few primaries republicans will no doubt support him.

I'm anti-statist, anti-big government, pro choice all accross the board, but i don't fear a Rick Santorum presidency. If he's elected, he won't be able to stop Gay Marriage from happening, he won't be able to overturn Roe v. Wade, and he won't be able to reinstate DADT. He might try, but he won't be able to do it.

he sure will waste a bunch of time on it though

Santorum has been overshadowed by stronger candidates. He has never dominated the debates.

What my implication was, was that Santorum is the most Conservative in my view of the field.

But to say I called all conservatives "far right" by my statement? My answer: no I didn't.

Taken anyway you can possibly define it that's a general implication concerning all conservatives considering Santorum is viewed as far right. If that truly wasn't your intention then you might want to consider your wording and constructing your question more clearly and carefully.

Taken anyway you can possibly define it that's a general implication concerning all conservatives considering Santorum is viewed as far right. If that truly wasn't your intention then you might want to consider your wording and constructing your question more clearly and carefully.

there's your problem.

I told you flat out I was viewing Santorum as the most Conservative.

The words "far right" is what you threw in there all on your own. You never got that out of me. You applied your own view of the guy unto my words, which ain't my fault genius.

there's your problem.

The words "far right" is what you threw in there all on your own. You never got that out of me. You applied your own view of the guy unto my words, which ain't my fault genius.

My problem? "Most conservative" and far right are generally considered synonymous with each other Mr. genius. :rolleyes:

there's your problem.

My problem? "Most conservative" and far right are generally considered synonymous with each other Mr. genius. :rolleyes:

Then you're mad at the people who stereotype conservatives as "far right," or what?

You seem to just be wanting to be contrarian at this point.

Seems everyone else was able to answer.

there's your problem.

Then you're mad at the people who stereotype conservatives as "far right," or what?

Why would I be mad? That was a dumb statement. I'm just pointing out a common generalization fallacy you used that is a constant theme in politics and trying to determine if your wording was just improperly structured or if it wasn't Freudian in nature.

Why would I be mad? That was a dumb statement. I'm just pointing out a common generalization fallacy you used that is a constant theme in politics and trying to determine if your wording was just improperly structured or if it wasn't Freudian in nature.

It was structured fine.

1st you accused me of Stereotyping Conservatives as far right. Fail.

I said nothing of "far right," I said "why don't they support Santorum" b/c I view him as the most Conservative. (which is implied by my even asking "why don't conservatives," as opposed to asking "why doesn't thje far right............" obviously)

Now in a post you're acting like I'M an idiot, for not knowing that "generally conservatives are viewed as far right." - aka the stereotype I didn't use, that you accused me of using, that you're now calling me "mr genius" for not using.

So now, which the fuck is it?

Am I stereotyping if I take the "General view?"
Am I "an idiot" if I *don't* take the general view?

the fuck? You're twisted.

It was structured fine.

1st you accused me of Stereotyping Conservatives as far right. Fail.

I said nothing of "far right," I said "why don't they support Santorum" b/c I view him as the most Conservative. (which is implied by my even asking "why don't conservatives," as opposed to asking "why doesn't thje far right............" obviously)

Now in a post you're acting like I'M an idiot, for not knowing that "generally conservatives are viewed as far right." - aka the stereotype I didn't use, that you accused me of using, that you're now calling me "mr genius" for not using.

So now, which the fuck is it?

Am I stereotyping if I take the "General view?"
Am I "an idiot" if I *don't* take the general view?

the fuck? You're twisted.

You're the one spinning like a top here, what the fuck????!!!!!!! I've never deviated once from what I've said. I can't help it if you have difficultly seeing past your nose hairs.
What you wrote was a generalization whether you meant to or not. If you didn't mean to then how does that make you and idiot???????!!!!!!!!!!
You're fuckin' getting weird over something so simple.

It wasn't a generalization, it was an observation based on polling.

The person who stereotyped is YOU.

You saw me say "Conservatives".......................and you said "all conservatives aren't far right" as though I implied that.

I didn't, you didn't show where I did. Logic fail.

You saw me say "Conservatives".......................and you said "all conservatives aren't far right" as though I implied that.

Santorum = most conservative = far right. Conservatives = all those in the political spectrum right of center. Using both in the same sentence as you did = a generalization. Remember elementary and high school grammar? Did you skip those classes?

Santorum = most conservative = far right. Conservatives = all those in the political spectrum right of center. Using both in the same sentence as you did = a generalization. Remember elementary and high school grammar? Did you skip those classes?

I think your logic is deeply flawed.

Post #25 was all you needed to see.

Also - you might want to check your own stereotyping at the door with this post above.

You made "most conservative" synonymous with "far right," by adding your "equals" sign.

If in your view being the most conservative meant being the most far right, then asking why conservatives don't support Santorum is hardly a generalization.

But that's not even my premise, regardless.

I want to know why conservatives don't support what appears to me as, the most conservative candidate.

That you have some sort of whine about that question means you're just out to be a contrarian neener neener.

I wasn't asking/looking for one of those, and 99% of respondants understood the question just fine and answered it just fine. No need to be an ass.

Forum List

Back