How come Conservatives aren't behind Santorum

It wasn't a generalization, it was an observation based on polling.

The person who stereotyped is YOU.

You saw me say "Conservatives".......................and you said "all conservatives aren't far right" as though I implied that.

I didn't, you didn't show where I did. Logic fail.

Santorum = most conservative = far right. Conservatives = all those in the political spectrum right of center. Using both in the same sentence as you did = a generalization. Remember elementary and high school grammar? Did you skip those classes?

I think your logic is deeply flawed.

Post #25 was all you needed to see.

Also - you might want to check your own stereotyping at the door with this post above.

You made "most conservative" synonymous with "far right," by adding your "equals" sign.

If in your view being the most conservative meant being the most far right, then asking why conservatives don't support Santorum is hardly a generalization.

But that's not even my premise, regardless.

I want to know why conservatives don't support what appears to me as, the most conservative candidate.

That you have some sort of whine about that question means you're just out to be a contrarium neener neener.

I wasn't asking/looking for one of those, and 99% of respondants understood the question just fine and answered it just fine. No need to be an ass.

Fine, I give up, there's no getting through to a brick wall. Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Remember that the GOP needs a candidate that can win against an incumbent. Santorum is viewed as a rabid right wing ultra-conservative. Nobody wants that any more than they want a rabid left wing ultra-liberal.

Remember that the GOP needs a candidate that can win against an incumbent. Santorum is viewed as a rabid right wing ultra-conservative. Nobody wants that any more than they want a rabid left wing ultra-liberal.
Correct...
Main stream conservatives have time and again rejected the religious right and other radical right wing ideas.
Unfortunately, during each election cycle the far right and the Bible Thumpers show up and start making demands. This some times scares off the main stream.
Each election cycle main stream conservatives are distracted by the above mentioned groups. Main stream conservatives have to take the time to marginalize the ultra right wing groups which detracts from the work being done to get out the real message.
Some times I think lib progressives are secretly poking Christian rightists with a stick to get them involved.

I don't share or agree with his vision of where america should be heading. I don't want war with Iran. I don't agree with his wanting his personal religious convictions to be the law of the land. Besides he just seems slimy like a local used car salesman that is trying to for county council.

No idea. Doesnt make much sense for the Tea Party to be supporting Newt when there are candidates like Santorum and Bachmann around.

Not a flame thread - just honest answers and not leftist trolling answers, please spanx :D

If he is still on the hunt when my turn comes to vote.... he may be my guy.

Have'nt read entire thread, and dont plan to now.

Just answering my friend GT.

I think he is a great candidate, as well as Bauchmann.

Not a flame thread - just honest answers and not leftist trolling answers, please spanx :D

If he is still on the hunt when my turn comes to vote.... he may be my guy.

Have'nt read entire thread, and dont plan to now.

Just answering my friend GT.

I think he is a great candidate, as well as Bauchmann.

Thanks, sir.

The reason I didn't understand why he hasn't caught fire yet, is because he seems to espouse "most" of the same opinions as what I see from message-board Conservatives, without the known baggage of the others and without the "RINO" past, in his record (that I know of, anyways).

I just don't get it. But some people here listed their reasons, so fair enough on them.

No idea. Doesnt make much sense for the Tea Party to be supporting Newt when there are candidates like Santorum and Bachmann around.

Why would small government advocates support social conservatives?

Well, that's not fair...the question just BEGS "leftist trolling answers". :D

I know, but I just want the honest truth.

If they say electibility, then I'm not sure I can respect that over ideaology.

As far as I've heard - he's the Candidate with the least "left leaning" baggage, or least "RINO" in him, as some call it - excluding Dr. Paul.

Dr Paul's views on the war and legalizing pot make him pretty RINOey, especially among
establishment GOP.

I really don't have an explanation for you as to why they don't like frothy Santorum though. Sorry :(

Stop making ending the drug war about pot. If we keep filling up prisons with people who do bad things to themselves we can't call ourselves freaking conservative. Do you know how bankrupt states are becoming trying to keep up with this silly drug policy? And the real criminals... pedophiles, child rapists, etc get released from jail after a couple years. You've got to be kidding.

As for the war... so what? We don't have the money to police the world. Get over it. I honestly don't care about the wars, but I'd love to draw back our troops in nations that haven't seen war in decades and stop giving foreign aid to war ravaged nations with dictators that hate us anyway. Sorry I just don't believe Pakistan is "too big to fail".:D

No it doesn't. I'd support Santorum and Bachmann, and I'd support Paul. Gingrich doesn't make sense to me. Why should we vote for Gingrich when he himself says he's not the same person he was a decade ago? Well who is he? And will he be the same person when he get's elected?

Or, it’s a situation where the TPM has no choice but to support Gingrich because there are candidates like Santorum and Bachmann around.

He's not that bad. But I don't like him because....

his name sounds like sanitarium
he is a "social" conservative

But I'd still vote for him over Obama.....:lol:

Good question. He's the perfect pub/bag in that he wants lots and lots of laws to control the people's freedoms.

Personally, I gag when I hear his voice but that's because I'm big on basic freedoms.

Wouldn't you just love to hear what he really says about Dan Savage? LOLOLOLOLOL

Santorum and Bachmann have no chance in the general election. Why they are running is a mystery.

Because neo-con and progressive liberalism hasn't worked... so why not actual conservatives?
Look. I don't buy into labels. I don't care who is popular. I despise candidates that always say the "right things" or try not to piss people off.
Quite frankly none of these people representing the GOP have got the goods.
MY ideal candidate would be a no nonsense socially right leaning moderate and fiscal low tax limited government conservative. One who is as strict about the US Constitution as possible without being radical.
One that would freely admit that "as your President, some of you will be disappointed or upset. My job is to do what the American people who voted for me demand I do, take care of the nation as a whole."

Forum List

Back