How can someone neg rep me twice within a half hour?

One thing a few need to remember:

Rep System Guidelines:
Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism. Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated. Rep system abuse will result in warnings to cease. Continued abuse will result in random acts of rep manipulation of abusers by admins. Abuse the system, and we will mercilessly toy with you.
And if you feel someone is abusing the negative rep feature report it. Neg repping the same person over and over for no reason other than wanting to toy with them, is against the rules. Thanks

Sure it is!

Do it, and they report it, and we find that you are neg repping them for no reason and you will receive a warning etc. We don't do anything if you don't report it.

And if you feel someone is abusing the negative rep feature report it. Neg repping the same person over and over for no reason other than wanting to toy with them, is against the rules. Thanks

Sure it is!

Do it, and they report it, and we find that you are neg repping them for no reason and you will receive a warning etc. We don't do anything if you don't report it.

Naturally!

It can technically be done within the rules.

How? You can hand out 10 reps a day, and you have to rep 10 individuals before you can re rep them, no?

A person can rep a poster and cycle through again to rep that same poster. You need to hand out a lot of reps, I've seen it done.

A Poster can Neg Rep You. Delete the Neg Rep within 15 Minutes, then Neg Rep you again, repeatedly. This is a Violation of the Rules, and can be dealt with, "With Extreme Prejudice", so it isn't a good idea. :FIREdevil: It won't end pretty.
:dig:

Its 10 -
No, its 12 -
Its 11 within a half hour
Unless its a full moon
Then its 8 but only on every other Wednesday ...

I neg you, pos or neg 11 others within the next 30 minutes, then the 12th rep after your first neg, I can neg you again. And, I can do that as long as I don't exceed 20 reps within a 24 hour period.

WHAT THE FUCK???

Memorize that ... until it changes and don't forget to read every single golden utterance of the mods/admin du Jour but it will change, be added to subtracted from ...

jeeez loooweeze

I'm with whoever wrote, its facts that count. And ...

It means a lot to a few of the weaker debaters. I think that's all they have.

Question for y'all - do you really keep close track of all this?

Just wondering.

It is about how many reps you can give out in a 24 hour period, and spreading it around.

You can give out 20 reps both pos and neg in a 24 hour period..... you must spread reps around 12 times before you can rep the same person.

So if this person who negged you had not given any rep out in 24 hours... they can neg you...run around spreading reps out..and hit you again.

Yes, it is very possible to neg someone in 30 minutes.

I bet I can do it in 5 minutes.

Rep System Guidelines:
Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism. Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated. Rep system abuse will result in warnings to cease. Continued abuse will result in random acts of rep manipulation of abusers by admins. Abuse the system, and we will mercilessly toy with you.

What if the reason that you neg rep the same person is because they post multiple neg rep worthy things?

How? You can hand out 10 reps a day, and you have to rep 10 individuals before you can re rep them, no?

A person can rep a poster and cycle through again to rep that same poster. You need to hand out a lot of reps, I've seen it done.

A Poster can Neg Rep You. Delete the Neg Rep within 15 Minutes, then Neg Rep you again, repeatedly. This is a Violation of the Rules, and can be dealt with, "With Extreme Prejudice", so it isn't a good idea. :FIREdevil: It won't end pretty. :dig:

That sounds like fun.

A Poster can Neg Rep You. Delete the Neg Rep within 15 Minutes, then Neg Rep you again, repeatedly. This is a Violation of the Rules, and can be dealt with, "With Extreme Prejudice", so it isn't a good idea. :FIREdevil: It won't end pretty.
:dig:

Ok, you're giving Quantum Windbag ideas now. :D

Just wondering.

It is about how many reps you can give out in a 24 hour period, and spreading it around.

You can give out 20 reps both pos and neg in a 24 hour period..... you must spread reps around 12 times before you can rep the same person.

So if this person who negged you had not given any rep out in 24 hours... they can neg you...run around spreading reps out..and hit you again.

Yes, it is very possible to neg someone in 30 minutes.

I bet I can do it in 5 minutes.

I bet i can neg you faster then that.....

Forum List

Back