Rep System

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Just when I thought I had it figured out...

I thought for every 1000 points of rep you have, that when you pos repped somebody they got one point? When you neg rep it is half. Yet I repped a new poster today who had only made two posts and his/her rep was zero with the exception of a single green bar. When I repped them, while he/she got eight more bars their points were still zero.

And then to add to the confusion there was a paticular poster who was a few bars in the red, I pos repped him/her and they went to six points. I thought I would have to have 6000 rep points myself to be able to do that?

Does anybody know how this fandangled system works! Not a biggie, just interested...

Actually I think I have figured out the six point one...gets those points due to the number of posts he or she has made...
The first part still confuses me though...

Actually I think I have figured out the six point one...gets those points due to the number of posts he or she has made...
The first part still confuses me though...

And also 1 for each year since he/she joined.

But don't tell TM that. She's been bouncing back and forth between 60 & 0, and thinks her account is being messed with.

Do a lot of people take the rep system seriously?

I kind of like it just because it tells me somebody has read my post with enough interest to either give me an upper or a downer.

Beats the proverbial ******* into the wind.

Forum List

Back