How can liberals believe that...

well named

poorly undertitled
Oct 2, 2018
... [insert your question here]?

I'm new, and I've noticed that conservatives seem to outnumber liberals by quite a bit in this forum. For me, it's sort of like visiting foreign country where you don't quite understand the local culture.

But, it seems to me that beneath the contempt that many of you feel for folks on the political left there's also a large disconnect between what I think of as typical liberal views and your perception of those views. So much so that in many threads it's hard to figure out where to begin to respond.

So! I thought this idea for a thread might be entertaining. The gist is this: say you're baffled by some view that liberals/leftists generally hold. Ask me about it, and I'll try to explain it a little bit.

A few notes:

1) this probably works better if you ask questions about policy preferences, values, or general beliefs about the world (e.g. on the environment, or civil rights, or the criminal justice system, or gender equality, ...) and worse if you ask about obscure current events, which I may or may not know anything about, and on which I won't necessarily know what most liberals think.

2) I may disagree with the premises of your question. I will probably just ignore purely rhetorical/trollish questions unless I think there's some hope of an interesting conversation in it.

3) I don't actually speak for everyone, or even anyone, on the left. I'm not suggesting that only I am allowed to answer or that only my answers count. It's just a goofy idea for a thread.

4) After I try to explain something you are free to insult me and/or liberals in general as suits your mood. Or, really, you don't technically need to wait that long, but it's more interesting if you do, IMO.

How can liberals believe that...not having any proof yet someone should still be punished?

How can liberals believe that...guns cause crime when they don't want to punish criminals?

How can liberals believe that...letting men claiming to be women into girls restrooms is ok?

How can liberals believe that...they know what the temperature was 33000 years ago?

How can liberals believe that...not having any proof yet someone should still be punished?

Eyewitness testimony is proof. Many people are in prison based on eyewitness restimony

The left only cares about politics...they don't care about women, blacks, gays, men, whites, Asians or anyone. If you oppose them you must be defamed and destroyed. And they are allowed to do that with no evidence....aka they just don't care.......the end ALWAYS justifies the means for them.

anytime they bring up 4th amendment issues or any due process..just laugh in their face........they are a joke

Don't we have enough Kavanaugh threads? I'd prefer not to add one more. (I will answer the questions here in a bit though. The other thing you should expect is that I will be kind of slow about it :p)

Sadly this forum has gone repuke. So many lost souls in the "liberals are" quandary. Just plug along and eventually you will see how backwards the can't serv side is.

Several of the libs aren't even real people in some cases I think. They repeat each other so often I think it's just a few apparatchiks and several computers programmed to paste the same bullshit all day. There are a handful of decent libs like OldLady and some other people that are either republicrat operatives trying to look as stupid as possible or they really are retards. You'll figure out who they are. Then there's Jake Fake and his 4 socks.

1. Liberals can not think. They've proven that. If you pay any attention to MSNBC, that's what they believe. You can't provide enough evidence to convince them they're wrong. We are talking about people who belong in a political party that used to have as their "Lion in the Senate" a...(ahem....) "man" who drove off a bridge one night into a lake. Swam out. Walked home and went to bed. Later that next day after his car had been dragged out of the water and the dead body of Mary Jo Kopechne was found inside, Ted Kennedy phoned his lawyer, and then they notified police that the piece of shit drove off a bridge and left a woman for dead, assuming she was alive in the first place.

That's the sort of "men" who lead "people" like liberals and that's why you won't find more than a few that even expose themselves to arguments that might change their programming.

I'm a mean nasty troll also BTW...

Enjoy your experience here.

Eyewitness testimony is proof. Many people are in prison based on eyewitness restimony
Where's all the eyewitnesses in the judges case?

Dr Ford provided eyewitness testimony to a sexual assault and identified Brett Kavanaugh as the perpetrator
Most sexual assaults don’t take place in front of an audience.

Many people have gone to prison based on testimony of the victim

Dr Ford provided eyewitness testimony to a sexual assault and identified Brett Kavanaugh as the perpetrator

Are you kidding or trolling with that statement?

How can liberals believe that...they know what the temperature was 33000 years ago?

You are confusing liberals with Scientists

She was not credible and none of her "witnesses" corroborated her "story". You left that part out. Plus you left out the 36 year part. Memory must be slipping huh?

Prove me wrong

You are lying again. Most "scientists" who work for the gov are liberals. I knew many. Especially in the national weather service where you either swallowed the global warming hype or found another job.

She was not credible and none of her "witnesses" corroborated her "story". You left that part out. Plus you left out the 36 year part. Memory must be slipping huh?
Different issue

You claim no evidence. A victims testimony is evidence
You may or may not believe it, but it is still evidence

Bill Cosby is in prison based on 30 year old evidence

Several of the libs aren't even real people in some cases I think. They repeat each other so often I think it's just a few apparatchiks and several computers programmed to paste the same bullshit all day. There are a handful of decent libs like OldLady and some other people that are either republicrat operatives trying to look as stupid as possible or they really are retards. You'll figure out who they are. Then there's Jake Fake and his 4 socks.

1. Liberals can not think. They've proven that. If you pay any attention to MSNBC, that's what they believe. You can't provide enough evidence to convince them they're wrong. We are talking about people who belong in a political party that used to have as their "Lion in the Senate" a...(ahem....) "man" who drove off a bridge one night into a lake. Swam out. Walked home and went to bed. Later that next day after his car had been dragged out of the water and the dead body of Mary Jo Kopechne was found inside, Ted Kennedy phoned his lawyer, and then they notified police that the piece of shit drove off a bridge and left a woman for dead, assuming she was alive in the first place.

That's the sort of "men" who lead "people" like liberals and that's why you won't find more than a few that even expose themselves to arguments that might change their programming.

I'm a mean nasty troll also BTW...

Enjoy your experience here.

Enough of that, Pete. I don't know why you called me here, since he wants to talk to you morons, not libs like me. I got enough "funnies" today for my Kavanaugh thread. You don't need to kick me while I'm down.

Prove me wrong

This is not Islam. In America we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. I mean you were a Holocaust denier in HS and drew swastikas on schools. Prove me wrong....

Different issue

Alleged victim and if Kav is guilty why has he not been arrested? Cosby case and Kav case are apples and oranges. False equivalency.

You are lying again. Most "scientists" who work for the gov are liberals. I knew many. Especially in the national weather service where you either swallowed the global warming hype or found another job.

You are lying again. There are scientists around the world making the same claims based on the same evidence
Are they all liberals?

Different issue

You just spin harder and harder with your lies don't you troll? There where TONS of credible witnesses against Cosby, but somehow you forget that, and there was not ONE for Ford. Proof and credibility troll, and troll Cosby admitted it!

Forum List

Back