How Can Anyone Defend This...

(Reuters) - A Jewish couple and three of their children were stabbed to death in bed in a West Bank settlement in what Israeli officials said Saturday was an attack by one or more Palestinians who broke into their home.

Israeli troops set up roadblocks and were searching the area around the Jewish religious settlement of Itamar, near the Palestinian city of Nablus, for the killer or killers.

In a televised speech, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed shock that the parents and three of their children -- including a baby -- were "brutally murdered on Sabbath eve while sleeping."

Netanyahu, in what appeared to be a warning to settlers not to launch revenge attacks, urged Israelis not to take the law into their own hands after the killings.

Israel has been loosening restrictions on the movement of Palestinians and goods in the occupied territory but maintains a system of roadblocks and checkpoints.

Jewish couple and three children killed in West Bank | Reuters

Like the Israelis said when an IDF soldier purposefully ran over Sarah Corrie with a bull-dozer and killed her, "It was a mistake."

Last edited:
(Reuters) - A Jewish couple and three of their children were stabbed to death in bed in a West Bank settlement in what Israeli officials said Saturday was an attack by one or more Palestinians who broke into their home.

Israeli troops set up roadblocks and were searching the area around the Jewish religious settlement of Itamar, near the Palestinian city of Nablus, for the killer or killers.

In a televised speech, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed shock that the parents and three of their children -- including a baby -- were "brutally murdered on Sabbath eve while sleeping."

Netanyahu, in what appeared to be a warning to settlers not to launch revenge attacks, urged Israelis not to take the law into their own hands after the killings.

Israel has been loosening restrictions on the movement of Palestinians and goods in the occupied territory but maintains a system of roadblocks and checkpoints.

Like the Israelis said when an IDF soldier ran over Sarah Corrie, "It was a mistake."

:bsflag:

*****This is NOT a defense of the killings*******

But how far would you go to defend your boarders against what you percieve as an invasion? We have illegals running across the boarder here in the US daily, look at the legislation we try to pass against the illegals and anyone who helps them i.e. business owners and landlords. We want to deny them everything from eduacation to medical care, no matter age or sex. They are dying in our deserts and in supposed safe houses here in the US. To listen to the people who live on the border talk they might be capable of the same things. I think I might be able to understand the killings, but not defend them.

A ten year old, a four year old, a three month old...

Yes, they stabbed a three month old baby to death...cut her throat.

What method would you have preferred?

*****This is NOT a defense of the killings*******

But how far would you go to defend your boarders against what you percieve as an invasion? We have illegals running across the boarder here in the US daily, look at the legislation we try to pass against the illegals and anyone who helps them i.e. business owners and landlords. We want to deny them everything from eduacation to medical care, no matter age or sex. They are dying in our deserts and in supposed safe houses here in the US. To listen to the people who live on the border talk they might be capable of the same things. I think I might be able to understand the killings, but not defend them.

A ten year old, a four year old, a three month old...

Yes, they stabbed a three month old baby to death...cut her throat.

What method would you have preferred?

Like the Israelis said when an IDF soldier purposefully ran over Sarah Corrie with a bull-dozer and killed her, "It was a mistake."

Bulldozers have run over people in this country that were tens of feet in front of the dozer. The operator cannot see "through" the bucket. If something moves in front of it, after they are driving, chances are they cannot see. Engineers have been run over, assuming the operator was watching out for them. If something is way bigger than you, stay out of the blind spot. Each case was an accident and a tragedy. Sarah's family has my sympathies.

Indeed, I think these men deserve to be saluted, not pissed on.:cool:

They deserve death and what follows. Any person complicit in the oppression of people he claims are his coreligionists is a wretched, miserable creature who lives and dies in a state of abject ignominy.

These Muslims live in Israel and most have family there, it makes sense for them to want to defend it because they have as much stake in it as the Jews do. Black people enlisted and fought in every American war even when they were treated as second class citizens for the same reason.

There was a guy called Haatib who was caught sending information about the Prophet's plans to a hostile group of pagans in Makkah. He said that he didn't mean to betray his religion and that he only helped the pagans in the hope that they wouldn't harm his family, who lived in that city. The Prophet said that Haatib was telling the truth, but 'Umar asked for permission to execute him. He was forgiven instead and a revelation was delivered in connection to his error:

O you who believe: take not my enemies and your enemies as allies -- offering them love while they have disbelieved in what came to you from the Truth, expelling the Messenger and yourselves because you believe in Allah, your Lord -- If you go out exertively in My Way and seek My Pleasure. You confide love to them, but I am All-Knowing of what you conceal and what you declare. And whoever does it among you, then certainly he has strayed from the straight path. If they subdue you, they will be enemies to you and extend against you their hands and their tongues with evil, and they desire that you would disbelieve. Never will your relatives or your children benefit you on the Day of Resurrection. He will judge between you, and Allah is All-Seer of what you do. - 60:1-3​

So I don't think that those who repeat his mistake in spite of this clear warning have an excuse.

Bulldozers have run over people in this country that were tens of feet in front of the dozer. The operator cannot see "through" the bucket. If something moves in front of it, after they are driving, chances are they cannot see. Engineers have been run over, assuming the operator was watching out for them. If something is way bigger than you, stay out of the blind spot. Each case was an accident and a tragedy. Sarah's family has my sympathies.

That isn't true at all, the news reports said the operator had full knowledge of Sarah's presence, and had hesitated before being given the order to go ahead and kill her.

That isn't true at all, the news reports said the operator had full knowledge of Sarah's presence, and had hesitated before being given the order to go ahead and kill her.

Well thank you Kalam. You have in a short time here confirmed every belief that honorable people hold regarding Islamofacist terrorist thugs and those who condone what they do. How sad it must be to worship a deity who would require such behavior. How sad that you are not allowed to have love and concern for people who do not share your beliefs and doctrine. How sad that you are not allowed to accept love and compassion that is yours to have should you choose to receive it. You have my pity.

Your pity stems from misconceptions. You coincidentally mentioned something addressed in the passage almost immediately after the one I just quoted in my last post; Subhan Allah:

Perhaps Allah will put love between you and those to whom you have been enemies, and Allah is All-Powerful. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Allah forbids you not from dealing kindly and justly with those who do not fight you over religion and drive you out of your homes. Indeed, Allah loves the just. Allah forbids only that you make allies of those who fight you in religion and drive you out of your homes and assist in your expulsion. And whoever makes them allies -- they are the wrongdoers. (60:7-9)​
It does explain perhaps why Islam has produced so little for the general benefit of humankind for many generations now while Judaism and Christianity have produced so much.
Very one-dimensional, but I won't bother pressing the issue and risk derailing the discussion. Let's move on.

Judaism and Christianity both know the great IAM, the God who directs their hearts and leads them in a path of justice and compassion even for those who believe differently. We of course differ a bit on how God is carrying out his plan, but that's okay. God is wise enough and big enough to work out those differences too.

I think the Allah who requires such cruelty and brutality does not know the God of the Jew and Christian. If he did, and could make peace, a great many of the problems of the world would immediately cease to exist.

Gal 6:7

You did not "condemn" the man or men that killed the Jewish family. You did go to great lengths to insult the soldier and all (Jews or those you regard as 'no longer faithful to islam') involved with that trial (with reason). You did not criticize those that "celebrated" the brutal slaughter of this family in the streets of their community. I am not having trouble reading. What you leave out of your comments is far more telling than what you "actually" post.
I guess calling for their execution wasn't quite enough. :eusa_eh:

How did I lie? I stated that soldiers are obligated to protect their 'area'. If someone charges (or as you have corrected my understanding, is running away from) a military position (possibly after setting or intending to bomb), it is the nature to shoot first and find out later. That shooting was wrong. It was understandable.
You continue to defend savagery.

Now, explain how those man/men that broke into someone's home were acting in defense of their position.
Why?

who was the news reporter?

I didn't say "that operator". I was speaking of heavy equipment, in general.

You did not "condemn" the man or men that killed the Jewish family. You did go to great lengths to insult the soldier and all (Jews or those you regard as 'no longer faithful to islam') involved with that trial (with reason). You did not criticize those that "celebrated" the brutal slaughter of this family in the streets of their community. I am not having trouble reading. What you leave out of your comments is far more telling than what you "actually" post.
I guess calling for their execution wasn't quite enough. :eusa_eh:

How did I lie? I stated that soldiers are obligated to protect their 'area'. If someone charges (or as you have corrected my understanding, is running away from) a military position (possibly after setting or intending to bomb), it is the nature to shoot first and find out later. That shooting was wrong. It was understandable.
You continue to defend savagery.

Now, explain how those man/men that broke into someone's home were acting in defense of their position.
Why?

Still will not criticize the actions or the communities that celebrated the brutal murders????? Calling for an execution is not saying the act was wrong. You call for the executions of those that do not follow islam as you do. Calling for another execution doesn't seem to mean much, to you.

this happens everyday in our own country just for different reasons is all.

Most likely they would have been rapped and others made to watch if it was in America.

Is one a better way to die than the other?

Still will not criticize the actions or the communities that celebrated the brutal murders????? Calling for an execution is not saying the act was wrong.

I'll let you think about this one for a minute.

Forum List

Back