How Bush would have taken care of the oil spill

Heres the poop politically on this one......................

Natural disaster fAil score............only one possiblity.

Bush - 1

Obama - 1

OR

Bush - 0

Obama - 0

The k00ks cant have it both ways so................

which is it s0ns????

After 11 days of being asleep at the switch, I do think Obama needs to get serious FINALLY about this mess ( no pun intended). He could redeem himself through some decisive action for once in his life ( how long did it take for him to decide on the Afghanistan strategy??)

clash_of_the_titans.jpg

"Release the Kracken!!!"

After 11 days of being asleep at the switch, I do think Obama needs to get serious FINALLY about this mess ( no pun intended). He could redeem himself through some decisive action for once in his life ( how long did it take for him to decide on the Afghanistan strategy??)

clash_of_the_titans.jpg

"Release the Kracken!!!"

I learned long ago not to engage you Kook, you have zero integrity. Let me suggest that the difference between Bush and Obama is the difference between rational thought and a dry drunk reaction - kind of like the difference between you and me.

Considering Bush's record on Katrina clean-up, Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the Justice System, the EAP and foreign affairs, how would Bush and the Republicans have handled the oil spill crisis?

Bush's record?

Katrina...people who are retarded enough to live below sea level are told to run for their lives from a category five hurricane but choose to stay. Liberals don't want cops to ask illegal aliens for ID but Bush was supposed to force people to leave their homes against their will?

"On Monday President Clinton announced an "all-out" campaign to lobby Congress to pass permanent most-favored-nation status for China. The lobbying will be rough, with a fully mobilized American business community working as the iron fist inside the administration's velvet glove."

Clinton's China Two-Step - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ooMrgXido]YouTube - President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8]YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg&feature=related]YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROOriYvJM4&feature=related]YouTube - John McCain Warned Us About Fannie and Freddie[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]

Since Democrats have caused most of our current problems while blaming Republicans for their mistakes, what would you have Republicans do differently to better prevent Democrats screwing us again?

What's your point?? Do you want people to stop criticizing Obama unless they can show that Bush would have done a better job?? This is an exercise in futility from every angle.

Katrina was a natural disaster. The flooding in NO was caused by decades of Federal mismanagement of the levee systems. The oil spill which is getting ready to wipe out hundreds of thousands of jobs and destroy a delicate ecosystem for decades to come, was man made by British Petroleum.

I do not see how you can compare the two?

Considering Bush's record on Katrina clean-up, Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the Justice System, the EAP and foreign affairs, how would Bush and the Republicans have handled the oil spill crisis?

Bush's record?

Katrina...people who are retarded enough to live below sea level are told to run for their lives from a category five hurricane but choose to stay. Liberals don't want cops to ask illegal aliens for ID but Bush was supposed to force people to leave their homes against their will?

"On Monday President Clinton announced an "all-out" campaign to lobby Congress to pass permanent most-favored-nation status for China. The lobbying will be rough, with a fully mobilized American business community working as the iron fist inside the administration's velvet glove."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ooMrgXido]YouTube - President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8]YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg&feature=related]YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROOriYvJM4&feature=related]YouTube - John McCain Warned Us About Fannie and Freddie[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]

Since Democrats have caused most of our current problems while blaming Republicans for their mistakes, what would you have Republicans do differently to better prevent Democrats screwing us again?

No one is talking about Freddie/Fannie and the housing collapse. Why? Because it was caused by Republican deregulation which moved mortgages to Wall Street. Next, you'll be telling us Saddam had WMDs and he was working with al Qaeda. All three of those right wing lies are a thing of the past, a "past" they want to "forget".

Come on, catch up.

Why does it matter? I am confident he would do exactly what he thinks is best. Clean up the Spill and make sure that drilling continues so people can keep their jobs.

I'm disappointed we haven't moved on. It's still about Bush ... even 2 years later ...

I don't understand how a terrible disaster, such as Bush, could happen, and Republicans, so easily say, "Let's just move along. It's over. It's a thing of the past. Ho hum, getting sleepy. Tired of talking about it. Ignore it. Make it go away.".

Thousands of Americans are dead. Tens of thousands crippled for life. Our economy in shambles. And Republicans say, "Let's look away. Forget about it?" How can that be?

At the very least, Republicans should be saying, "What went wrong?" "What was it that didn't work?" It's outrageous.

Everyone is asking "What went wrong?" The Big 0 spent more than a TRILLION DOLLARS to stop the Great Recession and pull us back from the brink of the WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Of course, after the Big 0 took office, he announced that the economy was worse than he thought. Then he proceeded to ignor it and let Nancy and Harry pass the Stimulation of Corruption Boondogle.

Oh, yeah! And pay back the campaign debts racked up by Hillary.

With apologies to Billy Joel, Is this all we get for our money?

Even bad recessions since the 70's only last 18 months. This one gathered steam in the summer and fall of 2008. 6/08 + 18 months = 1/10. If I'm reading the calendar right, we went through the 18 months and the TRILLION DOLLARS did nothing but finance the bribes, graft, paybacks and corruption that IS the Big 0 Administration.

As a partisan hack, it is wise to try to direct the attention to anything that is not the record of the Big 0. You should continue in your efforts. Did you know that only 6% of scientists self-identify as Republicans?

The two wars cost 3 trillion. Bush gave the rich a 2.5 trillion tax cut. One could have paid for the other. Instead, that's a 5.5 trillion dollar spread. Then there is the Republican drug bill for minimum, another half trillion. Why do you guys blame Obama when he is trying to stop Republican's disaster? What is wrong with you people?

Bush's record?

No one is talking about Freddie/Fannie and the housing collapse. Why? Because it was caused by Republican deregulation which moved mortgages to Wall Street. Next, you'll be telling us Saddam had WMDs and he was working with al Qaeda. All three of those right wing lies are a thing of the past, a "past" they want to "forget".

Come on, catch up.

Didn't you watch the videos?

In my EXCLUSIVE “This Week” interview, I asked former President Bill Clinton if he thought he got bad advice on regulating complex financial instruments known as derivatives from his former Treasury Secretaries, Robert Rubin and Larry Summers. He acknowledged that he was wrong to take the advice of those advising him against regulating derivatives.

“On derivatives, yeah I think they were wrong and I think I was wrong to take [their advice] because the argument on derivatives was that these things are expensive and sophisticated and only a handful of investors will buy them and they don’t need any extra protection, and any extra transparency. The money they’re putting up guarantees them transparency,” Clinton told me.

Clinton: I Was Wrong to Listen to Wrong Advice Against Regulating Derivatives* - Political Punch

He blames Bush for allowing the SEC to fail to regulate CDOs after he signed the CFMA that gave the SEC no authority to regulate CDOs.

Republican deregulation?

Do tell...

Last edited:
What's your point?? Do you want people to stop criticizing Obama unless they can show that Bush would have done a better job?? This is an exercise in futility from every angle.

Katrina was a natural disaster. The flooding in NO was caused by decades of Federal mismanagement of the levee systems. The oil spill which is getting ready to wipe out hundreds of thousands of jobs and destroy a delicate ecosystem for decades to come, was man made by British Petroleum.

I do not see how you can compare the two?

Well, for one the oil rig may turn out to be a terror attack or act of war. We'll see.

But lets say for now it was that 0.0001% chance accident that all the industry experts are saying was virtually impossible and are baffled at how it could have happened: Both are man made.

See, the Katrina fallout was also man-made. The levee system? Sure, maybe it was out-dated and inefficient. Once again, never depend on the government for ANYTHING because they'll screw it up. Including healthcare. But thats another debate since you guys already trust the gov't to run that.

The real issue in Katrina was the following man made events:

- Man built a city in a bowl below sea level. Bad idea.
- Men and women decided to ignore warnings to leave. Bad idea.
- Men and women in the NO government (Ray Nagin) also did not take action in using the hundreds of empty and functional school buses to vacate the people who refused to leave voluntarily.
- People then whined that the federal government that mismanaged the levees and mismanaged the evacuation was also mismanaging the rescue. See the common theme? So, why again are the lefties so trusting to government?

BP was a near impossible accident. 1 in a million, and likely will turn out to be far more than an accident. New Orleans was no accident. They had 3 days warning. The people decided not to leave. The mayor decided to not use resources to evacuate. When you stay in a bowl while a giant hurricane flies over top of you, bad shit happens. No one should then blame the government for not bailing them out afterwards. But again, we're talking lefties here, so of course thats exactly what they did.

I don't understand how a terrible disaster, such as Bush, could happen, and Republicans, so easily say, "Let's just move along. It's over. It's a thing of the past. Ho hum, getting sleepy. Tired of talking about it. Ignore it. Make it go away.".

Thousands of Americans are dead. Tens of thousands crippled for life. Our economy in shambles. And Republicans say, "Let's look away. Forget about it?" How can that be?

At the very least, Republicans should be saying, "What went wrong?" "What was it that didn't work?" It's outrageous.

Everyone is asking "What went wrong?" The Big 0 spent more than a TRILLION DOLLARS to stop the Great Recession and pull us back from the brink of the WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

Of course, after the Big 0 took office, he announced that the economy was worse than he thought. Then he proceeded to ignor it and let Nancy and Harry pass the Stimulation of Corruption Boondogle.

Oh, yeah! And pay back the campaign debts racked up by Hillary.

With apologies to Billy Joel, Is this all we get for our money?

Even bad recessions since the 70's only last 18 months. This one gathered steam in the summer and fall of 2008. 6/08 + 18 months = 1/10. If I'm reading the calendar right, we went through the 18 months and the TRILLION DOLLARS did nothing but finance the bribes, graft, paybacks and corruption that IS the Big 0 Administration.

As a partisan hack, it is wise to try to direct the attention to anything that is not the record of the Big 0. You should continue in your efforts. Did you know that only 6% of scientists self-identify as Republicans?

The two wars cost 3 trillion. Bush gave the rich a 2.5 trillion tax cut. One could have paid for the other. Instead, that's a 5.5 trillion dollar spread. Then there is the Republican drug bill for minimum, another half trillion. Why do you guys blame Obama when he is trying to stop Republican's disaster? What is wrong with you people?

BO is trying to stop a "Republican disaster"?

So how's that going?

Last I heard unemployment was still over nine percent.

The biggest disaster I see is the trillion dollars we borrowed to pay off unions and chum the corporate donor waters.

Awesome! Another pointless, "who cares?" thread about the oil spill.

Instead of asking what Bush would have done, which is obviously just a setup to trash Bush, why not pick a pres that most would agree was a pretty good guy and ask what he would do?

How about Lincoln? Everyone pretty much likes him.

Because only Gunny and RGS were here during the Lincoln administration.

Awesome! Another pointless, "who cares?" thread about the oil spill.

Instead of asking what Bush would have done, which is obviously just a setup to trash Bush, why not pick a pres that most would agree was a pretty good guy and ask what he would do?

How about Lincoln? Everyone pretty much likes him.

I think it is a good thing Amanda is getting enough dick that nothing else matters much.. Good for you girl. I got so much pussy in the 70's thru the 90's that politics and other nonsense was pretty much ignored. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Who?

Still can't stop hammering on Bush, can ya? TFF :lol:

All three of those right wing lies are a thing of the past, a "past" they want to "forget".

Come on, catch up.

"catch up?"

With what? The Past?

I'll make a deal, you "catch up" with the present, then I'll "catch up" with the past, m'k?

I'll bring the Freedom Fries.

Forum List

Back